The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT- Vancouver 0 Vs Edmonton 4

canucktican

That was fun...

A six game win streak that was undeserved needed to come to an end in a colossal way, and it did.

If there was ever any doubt in Mike Gillis's mind, this game should have erased it. It wasn't just about starting slow. It was about being outplayed in every facet of the game. This team needs help. It will not achieve anything with the current personnel on the roster. And even if we get Kesler and Booth back tomorrow, it still won't be enough.

This team needs new energy - it needs players who don't just see hockey as a job. It needs players who live and breathe hockey the way Hall and Eberle and RNH and Crosby and Stamkos and Kadri do. It needs players who haven't already seen it all and done it all. It needs players for whom a hockey game isn't just "another day at the office". It needs players who know what it means to be an NHLer and to care and to play with passion.

Our team has lost its life. The run to the finals beat it out of us. We'll never be back there and we know it. So we've stopped trying. Bring in players who don't remember what that loss was like. Bring in players who are still optimistic about their careers and about the team. Give them a chance to impart their optimism on this downright lazy and pessimistic bunch of geriatrics.

/rant

i am willing unlike some of the posters on this forum to wait until playoffs when kesler and kassian should be back when this team should be playing with a full deck to see what they have before i say blow everything up

also i never expected much out of this team to begin with maybe people should be lowering their expectations this is not an elite regular season team anymore they have lost the key pieces that made them elite the last 2 years and at the end of the day were no worse off then say a team like detroit going through key defensive changes

none of our key players (except in goal) are playing up to their capabilties. Why? hamuis, edler, the sedins, burrows are all far behind there normal play and normal efforts. none of them are to old to perform and you cant blame that on coaching. these are all charcter guys. there must be something else wrong. you cant blame sloppy defensive play on a lack of a third line center. for the most part this is the same team that has won two presidents trophies.

That was fun...

A six game win streak that was undeserved needed to come to an end in a colossal way, and it did.

If there was ever any doubt in Mike Gillis's mind, this game should have erased it. It wasn't just about starting slow. It was about being outplayed in every facet of the game. This team needs help. It will not achieve anything with the current personnel on the roster. And even if we get Kesler and Booth back tomorrow, it still won't be enough.

This team needs new energy - it needs players who don't just see hockey as a job. It needs players who live and breathe hockey the way Hall and Eberle and RNH and Crosby and Stamkos and Kadri do. It needs players who haven't already seen it all and done it all. It needs players for whom a hockey game isn't just "another day at the office". It needs players who know what it means to be an NHLer and to care and to play with passion.

Our team has lost its life. The run to the finals beat it out of us. We'll never be back there and we know it. So we've stopped trying. Bring in players who don't remember what that loss was like. Bring in players who are still optimistic about their careers and about the team. Give them a chance to impart their optimism on this downright lazy and pessimistic bunch of geriatrics.

/rant

I was there to witness it in person and it was way worse live. It wasnt that the Canucks were giving the puck away and making mistake after mistake. The Oilers took it to them in every aspect of the game. The Oilers would have beat most teams in the league with their effort tonight. The RNH-TH-JE line dominated every shift. It was embarrassing to be a canuck fan tonight. They have lost all drive to compete.

i went to the game. all i can say is absolutely brutal performance. av should have made the d not chip in as much against a speedy oiler team.

nobody had any legs everyone was slow and alberts was brutal (sorry have a hate on this guy).

only positive was lu without him it could of been 6 -0.

10 minutes of terrible hockey followed by 50minutes of boring no-heart hockey.

The only people who seemed to care after those goals were Luongo and Bieksa.

Need to start playing basic, heart-felt hockey or the season and playoffs are already over.

I think I'm one of the few who have been really content with how much our team has achieved (4th in the west with a good shot of overtaking minny). Our defense is atrocious, yes, i'll give you that. As for our offense...we have like 4AHLers minimum every game...and malhotra/kes/booth/kass are quite core to our team...so with a team of only 70% of our true strength, I am satisfied.

besides, we were on a 6 game win streak. can you imagine how much better we could do in the playoffs if we get some of our injured players back? i'm not foolish enough to think we're cup contenders but we're far from rebuild mode

i went to the game. all i can say is absolutely brutal performance. av should have made the d not chip in as much against a speedy oiler team.

nobody had any legs everyone was slow and alberts was brutal (sorry have a hate on this guy).

only positive was lu without him it could of been 6 -0.

Wow, I guess the world is ending according to these boards. Yes, the Canucks need help to make a serious run this year, but we choked for 10 minutes then didn't play THAT badly the rest of the game. Talk of rebuilding while we're sitting at 4th in the West / 1 pt off from 3rd is ridiculous.

GAMBLE TIME! Trade Lu for a Dipietro/Bryz package with lotsa tasty add-ins(youth). Then if the PO's go lousy, do the same thing with Schneids. Get 4 or 5 great young pieces in total, to completely retool(on the fly!)

Sorry I missed this clunker. Hiking in Japan, think I jinxed it!

If you were there then you saw Lou get saved by two posts, a missed empty net. Some of those great saves were desparation saves after being totally out of position. His positioning was pretty bad and his reflexes saved him...he continually gets beat low by not sealing the bottom of the net, his lateral movement was clumsy. Definitely not text book goaltending.

Wow, I guess the world is ending according to these boards. Yes, the Canucks need help to make a serious run this year, but we choked for 10 minutes then didn't play THAT badly the rest of the game. Talk of rebuilding while we're sitting at 4th in the West / 1 pt off from 3rd is ridiculous.

If you were there then you saw Lou get saved by two posts, a missed empty net. Some of those great saves were desparation saves after being totally out of position. His positioning was pretty bad and his reflexes saved him...he continually gets beat low by not sealing the bottom of the net, his lateral movement was clumsy. Definitely not text book goaltending.

I think I'm one of the few who have been really content with how much our team has achieved (4th in the west with a good shot of overtaking minny). Our defense is atrocious, yes, i'll give you that. As for our offense...we have like 4AHLers minimum every game...and malhotra/kes/booth/kass are quite core to our team...so with a team of only 70% of our true strength, I am satisfied.

besides, we were on a 6 game win streak. can you imagine how much better we could do in the playoffs if we get some of our injured players back? i'm not foolish enough to think we're cup contenders but we're far from rebuild mode

Archived