The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT- Vancouver 0 Vs Edmonton 4

canucktican

Why is this ALWAYS the case with our goalies? Why are they the only ones competing? What the hell is up the collective ass of our forwards and defense?

The locker room needs a serious shake-up. The potential is all there; the mantra is the problem.

I'll keep saying it: the problem lies directly within the palms of the coaching staff.

Being realistic, with how weak our prospect pool is, we are going to be going down the same path as the Flames soon...We are going to have a team that is aging and underachieve and going to have to make some tough moves like the Flames did Iginla.. .We are in a similar path as them already, after the cup run few more years of just making the playoffs and slowly go down the hill

People just need to realize a few things of the 6 game streak...Schnieder did play well, but we did play some bad offensive teams and the Avs twice, Canucks have scored a combined 2 goals in their last 3 games against the Oilers, Avs, and Blue Jackets...think about that

Do most teams make the same move? Personally, I had full confidence in Cory to stick it out and keep the game close. At 2-0, the game is still within hand. Putting Lu in to that situation against a team that obviously had something to prove early on...I dunno...I think our number 1 should have, at least, had another shot.

That was fun...

A six game win streak that was undeserved needed to come to an end in a colossal way, and it did.

If there was ever any doubt in Mike Gillis's mind, this game should have erased it. It wasn't just about starting slow. It was about being outplayed in every facet of the game. This team needs help. It will not achieve anything with the current personnel on the roster. And even if we get Kesler and Booth back tomorrow, it still won't be enough.

This team needs new energy - it needs players who don't just see hockey as a job. It needs players who live and breathe hockey the way Hall and Eberle and RNH and Crosby and Stamkos and Kadri do. It needs players who haven't already seen it all and done it all. It needs players for whom a hockey game isn't just "another day at the office". It needs players who know what it means to be an NHLer and to care and to play with passion.

Our team has lost its life. The run to the finals beat it out of us. We'll never be back there and we know it. So we've stopped trying. Bring in players who don't remember what that loss was like. Bring in players who are still optimistic about their careers and about the team. Give them a chance to impart their optimism on this downright lazy and pessimistic bunch of geriatrics.

/rant

Archived