hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,943 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

POPULAR

That was fun...

A six game win streak that was undeserved needed to come to an end in a colossal way, and it did.

If there was ever any doubt in Mike Gillis's mind, this game should have erased it. It wasn't just about starting slow. It was about being outplayed in every facet of the game. This team needs help. It will not achieve anything with the current personnel on the roster. And even if we get Kesler and Booth back tomorrow, it still won't be enough.

This team needs new energy - it needs players who don't just see hockey as a job. It needs players who live and breathe hockey the way Hall and Eberle and RNH and Crosby and Stamkos and Kadri do. It needs players who haven't already seen it all and done it all. It needs players for whom a hockey game isn't just "another day at the office". It needs players who know what it means to be an NHLer and to care and to play with passion.

Our team has lost its life. The run to the finals beat it out of us. We'll never be back there and we know it. So we've stopped trying. Bring in players who don't remember what that loss was like. Bring in players who are still optimistic about their careers and about the team. Give them a chance to impart their optimism on this downright lazy and pessimistic bunch of geriatrics.

/rant
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#123 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,909 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

i am willing unlike some of the posters on this forum to wait until playoffs when kesler and kassian should be back when this team should be playing with a full deck to see what they have before i say blow everything up

also i never expected much out of this team to begin with maybe people should be lowering their expectations this is not an elite regular season team anymore they have lost the key pieces that made them elite the last 2 years and at the end of the day were no worse off then say a team like detroit going through key defensive changes

The team is basically the same as last year and has one key injured player....one of whom has one empty net goal on the year. Kassian is a 4th liner to AV (lol) so he doesn't count. Booth has one empty net goal and also plays in the bottom 6 now most of the time.

Teams that use one key injury as an excuse for playing as terrible as the Canucks are right now are nothing more than pathetic. Look at the Sens in a much more difficult division. They just keep actually playing well and getting contributions from everyone. Something the Canucks and AV cannot do.

#124 erkayloomeh

erkayloomeh

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

none of our key players (except in goal) are playing up to their capabilties. Why? hamuis, edler, the sedins, burrows are all far behind there normal play and normal efforts. none of them are to old to perform and you cant blame that on coaching. these are all charcter guys. there must be something else wrong. you cant blame sloppy defensive play on a lack of a third line center. for the most part this is the same team that has won two presidents trophies.
GOD BE PRAISED

#125 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,909 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

That was fun...

A six game win streak that was undeserved needed to come to an end in a colossal way, and it did.

If there was ever any doubt in Mike Gillis's mind, this game should have erased it. It wasn't just about starting slow. It was about being outplayed in every facet of the game. This team needs help. It will not achieve anything with the current personnel on the roster. And even if we get Kesler and Booth back tomorrow, it still won't be enough.

This team needs new energy - it needs players who don't just see hockey as a job. It needs players who live and breathe hockey the way Hall and Eberle and RNH and Crosby and Stamkos and Kadri do. It needs players who haven't already seen it all and done it all. It needs players for whom a hockey game isn't just "another day at the office". It needs players who know what it means to be an NHLer and to care and to play with passion.

Our team has lost its life. The run to the finals beat it out of us. We'll never be back there and we know it. So we've stopped trying. Bring in players who don't remember what that loss was like. Bring in players who are still optimistic about their careers and about the team. Give them a chance to impart their optimism on this downright lazy and pessimistic bunch of geriatrics.

/rant

AMEN TO THIS

#126 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

Wow what a debacle.Embarrassing effort,other than the LA game we've pretty much sh&t the bed on H.N.I.C. So far this year.
Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#127 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

I was there to witness it in person and it was way worse live. It wasnt that the Canucks were giving the puck away and making mistake after mistake. The Oilers took it to them in every aspect of the game. The Oilers would have beat most teams in the league with their effort tonight. The RNH-TH-JE line dominated every shift. It was embarrassing to be a canuck fan tonight. They have lost all drive to compete.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5584]

#128 jatylo

jatylo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

i went to the game. all i can say is absolutely brutal performance. av should have made the d not chip in as much against a speedy oiler team.

nobody had any legs everyone was slow and alberts was brutal (sorry have a hate on this guy).

only positive was lu without him it could of been 6 -0.

#129 ftmN

ftmN

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

10 minutes of terrible hockey followed by 50minutes of boring no-heart hockey.

The only people who seemed to care after those goals were Luongo and Bieksa.

Need to start playing basic, heart-felt hockey or the season and playoffs are already over.
Posted Image
Thanks to (>'-')> for the sig.

#130 ~AngelBelle~

~AngelBelle~

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

I think I'm one of the few who have been really content with how much our team has achieved (4th in the west with a good shot of overtaking minny). Our defense is atrocious, yes, i'll give you that. As for our offense...we have like 4AHLers minimum every game...and malhotra/kes/booth/kass are quite core to our team...so with a team of only 70% of our true strength, I am satisfied.

besides, we were on a 6 game win streak. can you imagine how much better we could do in the playoffs if we get some of our injured players back? i'm not foolish enough to think we're cup contenders but we're far from rebuild mode

#131 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

i went to the game. all i can say is absolutely brutal performance. av should have made the d not chip in as much against a speedy oiler team.

nobody had any legs everyone was slow and alberts was brutal (sorry have a hate on this guy).

only positive was lu without him it could of been 6 -0.

If you were there then you saw Lou get saved by two posts, a missed empty net. Some of those great saves were desparation saves after being totally out of position. His positioning was pretty bad and his reflexes saved him...he continually gets beat low by not sealing the bottom of the net, his lateral movement was clumsy. Definitely not text book goaltending.

#132 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

Wow, I guess the world is ending according to these boards. Yes, the Canucks need help to make a serious run this year, but we choked for 10 minutes then didn't play THAT badly the rest of the game. Talk of rebuilding while we're sitting at 4th in the West / 1 pt off from 3rd is ridiculous.

#133 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,685 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

So....what was Schneider's GAA that game? 59.2? Save Pct of what? .000 ?

Still....not sure why he was pulled....

Edited by Heretic, 30 March 2013 - 11:06 PM.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#134 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

GAMBLE TIME! Trade Lu for a Dipietro/Bryz package with lotsa tasty add-ins(youth). Then if the PO's go lousy, do the same thing with Schneids. Get 4 or 5 great young pieces in total, to completely retool(on the fly!)

Sorry I missed this clunker. Hiking in Japan, think I jinxed it!

This is a terrible idea. The goaltenders have been the only bright spot for us this season and if it weren't for them we would be lower in the standings. First we trade Luongo's bad contract for Dipietro/Bryz's bad contract. Only difference is that Luongo is actually a good goalie and has stolen some games for us this year. We now have a multimillion dollar piece of dead weight sitting on our bench instead of a strong goalie tandem. Then we trade Schneider? LMAO. Our goaltending is now a complete joke.

didn't realize the year was over still sitting 4th in the west despite all the panic

Sometimes it's not about where you are in the standings, it's about where you are in relation to where you should be. Sure our results are decent, but if you actually watch the games it's obvious that we aren't playing as well as they could be. It's not just about wins or losses, it's about how you play the game. We have the talent to be one of the very best in the league, but for some reason we aren't consistent enough to be up where we should be. They had better find their game down the stretch or we will be out in the first round.

#135 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,685 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

If you were there then you saw Lou get saved by two posts, a missed empty net. Some of those great saves were desparation saves after being totally out of position. His positioning was pretty bad and his reflexes saved him...he continually gets beat low by not sealing the bottom of the net, his lateral movement was clumsy. Definitely not text book goaltending.

Like the 2nd goal on Schneider - right? Apples to Apples baby or you can't play.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#136 jag

jag

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

Wow, I guess the world is ending according to these boards. Yes, the Canucks need help to make a serious run this year, but we choked for 10 minutes then didn't play THAT badly the rest of the game. Talk of rebuilding while we're sitting at 4th in the West / 1 pt off from 3rd is ridiculous.

never know banks are going bust might come sooner rarher than later lol

#137 cyacry

cyacry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

So....what was Schneider's GAA that game? 59.2? Save Pct of what? .000 ?

Still....not sure why he was pulled....

my guess was to settle the team down....

#138 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

Yes we did, just because they didn't score doesn't mean we didn't play badly. I still saw way too many careless plays and sloppy plays under pressure. Luckily it was only 1 game and there's time to bounce back but I do expect MG to be bringing in some help at the deadline. Too early to talk about rebuilding now until we see how the season ends though.

#139 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

POPULAR

LOL Schneider gives up 2 on the first 2 shots he faces, Luongo comes in and gives up 2 but then battles back and is the only one who actually is playing with any kind of compete in his game and you still rip Luongo?

you are a complete joke

#140 RU SERIOUS

RU SERIOUS

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

I think I'm one of the few who have been really content with how much our team has achieved (4th in the west with a good shot of overtaking minny). Our defense is atrocious, yes, i'll give you that. As for our offense...we have like 4AHLers minimum every game...and malhotra/kes/booth/kass are quite core to our team...so with a team of only 70% of our true strength, I am satisfied.

besides, we were on a 6 game win streak. can you imagine how much better we could do in the playoffs if we get some of our injured players back? i'm not foolish enough to think we're cup contenders but we're far from rebuild mode

With all due respect - this team is over, spent, done, kaput! M.G. has sat on his ^$$ for 2 years now milking what's left of a team that FAILED in the Stanley CupFinals. M.G has made no effort whatsoever to trade-up, improvevor shake-up the roster. He is out of ideas and has not only left the Canucks in a state of disrepair but left the cupboards empty in our farm system. Time is up on this old, tired team and the leadership. Francisco - Be a man and deliver Justice to Vancouver. We don't need another 41 years of excuses!

#141 CHIPS

CHIPS

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

I blame injuries.

Edited by CHIPS, 30 March 2013 - 11:20 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#142 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,769 posts

Yes we did, just because they didn't score doesn't mean we didn't play badly. I still saw way too many careless plays and sloppy plays under pressure. Luckily it was only 1 game and there's time to bounce back but I do expect MG to be bringing in some help at the deadline. Too early to talk about rebuilding now until we see how the season ends though.

I agree we had more careless plays than usual, but often when you're down by a whopping 4-0 you need to open up to have any chance of clawing your way back. I think some of the odd man rushes resulted from that, so I don't think it's QUITE as bad as it looked (although it was underwhelming, no arguments there)

#143 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,180 posts

That was fun...

/rant

fracking eh!!

but some of the homers on this board will accuse you of being a poor fan for saying it.

Edited by pinecone, 30 March 2013 - 11:18 PM.

Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#144 Saniel Dedin

Saniel Dedin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

sad yes it is a sad tonight here in a cdc i yes i sure am a little happy i didnt not get to see this game this tonight it sure did sound like a depressor yes it did hope the canuck are not feeling to downs in the dump yes the canuck are the good team and should not be sad it is okay canuck
Free Saniel Dedins Siblings!!!
http://forum.canucks...-saniel-dedins/
Go go go!!!

#145 KelVintage

KelVintage

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

LOL Schneider gives up 2 on the first 2 shots he faces, Luongo comes in and gives up 2 but then battles back and is the only one who actually is playing with any kind of compete in his game and you still rip Luongo?

you are a complete joke

Amen! Luongo was the only positive to this game. I can't believe I watched it...but at least I was able to see three great saves by LU!

(Not blaming Cory of course. First goal he had no chance on and second goal, Ebbett screened him. Just awful defense)

BRUTAL GAME though, just pathetic.

What do you guys think of trading Bieksa and/or Edler? They have been playing awful all season.

Edited by KelVintage, 30 March 2013 - 11:21 PM.

#146 MrCanuck94

MrCanuck94

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

That was fun...

/rant

THIS!

#147 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

With all due respect - this team is over, spent, done, kaput! M.G. has sat on his ^$$ for 2 years now milking what's left of a team that FAILED in the Stanley CupFinals. M.G has made no effort whatsoever to trade-up, improvevor shake-up the roster. He is out of ideas and has not only left the Canucks in a state of disrepair but left the cupboards empty in our farm system. Time is up on this old, tired team and the leadership. Francisco - Be a man and deliver Justice to Vancouver. We don't need another 41 years of excuses!

I think you need to improve your trolling skills. Way, way too obvious.

#148 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,180 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

I guess when it comes down to it, I'd like to see some accountability from the coaching staff as well as just Cory Schneider.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#149 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

Amen! Luongo was the only positive to this game. I can't believe I watched it...but at least I was able to see three great saves by LU!

(Not blaming Cory of course. First goal he had no chance on and second goal, Ebbett screened him. Just awful defense)

BRUTAL GAME though, just pathetic.

What do you guys think of trading Bieksa and/or Edler? They have been playing awful all season.

I think no matter who we trade, no matter how bad they are playing. They will go to another team and have a career year and/or win a cup with them

This is Canuck law

Edited by Primus099, 30 March 2013 - 11:26 PM.

#150 Yoshitomo

Yoshitomo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

As Canuck fans, I think we all know disappointments like this is quite common. Losing in such a manner just breaks your heart though. These lazy games are becoming increasingly frequent unfortunately. What's alarming is that I've become accepting of it. However, I still believe Gillis will eventually make bold moves to acquire high energy players and a sniper.
"You wanna be a farmer? Here's a couple of acres!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.