The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT- Vancouver 0 Vs Edmonton 4

canucktican

Sedin line seemed to be trying to do too much tonight, I'd rather watch them get effective zone time instead of wasting their shift every time and hoping the 3rd line can pick up the slack.

GAMBLE TIME! Trade Lu for a Dipietro/Bryz package with lotsa tasty add-ins(youth). Then if the PO's go lousy, do the same thing with Schneids. Get 4 or 5 great young pieces in total, to completely retool(on the fly!)

Sorry I missed this clunker. Hiking in Japan, think I jinxed it!

Give it a rest with this bull. We all know (at least those of us with eyes and no rose-colored glasses covering them) how this team has REALLY been playing. Don't play the "Well the team is still 4th in the conference man so what you complaining about?" card.

We could not even score 1 goal. This is like Stanley Cup against Boston, where we averaged only 1 goal per game. The warning signs have been there for 2 years now and Gillis has been more focused on getting more hitters on the team. Why? To protect the Sedins? Well, send the Sedins for MMA training or get some new forwards. This is pathetic. With this rate, I really don't want Canucks to qualify for the playoffs just so that we can make all the necessary fixes and start a new season with much better offense.

As much as it sucks to say this, we need to learn from the Ducks and Leafs.

I disagree completely.. Look we have to have 1 guy getting in a groove and taking the reins now and its clearly Cory after his amazing play of late. It didn't matter who was in net to start this game and it sure showed; we came out flat and not ready to play. What kind of message are you sending to Cory if were back to this 1 bad game (which clearly cannot be blamed on him) and your out startegy. Talk about killing a guys confidence, that certainly wouldn't help whatsoever. Luongo played well after a rocky start but you go back to the guy whom was playing lights out.

I dno what AV is thinking not calling a TO after the 2nd goal. No real positives from this game except Tanev was solid as usual and Luongo bounced back. Boy do the Sedins look slow and uneffective out there..They can't be regressing this quickly can they?.. Alberts was Alberts once again..absolutely useless. Unless we can get a bonfide top six scorer at the deadline this team will be out quickly.

The 4-0 start was terrible, but the worst part is that we FAILED to win the next 40 minutes = NO CHARACTER.

If my team behind 4-0 after first 1st, I would like to at least see my team send some messages how about how pissed off they are for the next 40 mins, even if they can't score. I mean we lost the first period, fine, but just roll over and gave up in the 2nd and 3rd? Fights? Hits? I didn't even see pushing and shoving........CHARACTER? I guess when Sedins are your captain and AV is the coach, the character of the team is NO EMOTION when you are down and out.

until this team actually loses first round we have nothing to complain about sorry do u want us to be in a position like say florida or colorado or calgary because the way people are posting they are acting like we have the worst team in the league

after every loss its the same b.s trade everyone and fire everyone but after a win its oh we have the greatest team ever give it a rest you bipolar fans

Shocked there wasn't a wake up call somewhere...no fight back...I think we had like 4 scoring chances... we just cruised along and if we didn't get lucky with posts + Lu gave up like the rest of the team, the score would have been 8-0. I'm getting tired of being disappointed. I wouldn't mind if we lost 4-0 and the effort was there, but really the effort sucked tonight.

What a horrible and disgusting effort by this team. Being realistic we do not have the assets to vastly improve without depleting our already bare prospect pool, the only major move that can be made is to fire the coach, it will shake up this team that has been on an abysmal stretch dating back to the latter half of last season. We need to get rid of project players like ebbett, sestito and get in a coach that will give the prospects time and the right line mates to succeed, look at Detroit, they had a good mix of young prospects in the lineup while winning cups.

GAMBLE TIME! Trade Lu for a Dipietro/Bryz package with lotsa tasty add-ins(youth). Then if the PO's go lousy, do the same thing with Schneids. Get 4 or 5 great young pieces in total, to completely retool(on the fly!)

Sorry I missed this clunker. Hiking in Japan, think I jinxed it!

Archived