Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

PGT- Vancouver 0 Vs Edmonton 4

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
259 replies to this topic

#241 poetica

poetica

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,876 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

Anyone else notice that the post game interview with Hank has been replaced with an ad for a Calgary Flames community imitative? Makes me wonder if it's just a weird accident or someone's comment on last night's effort.
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#242 redhdlois

redhdlois

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

Chicago 6....Detroit 0.....8 mins to go inthe 3rd

#243 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

Guaranteed that wont last long.... At least Detroit WILL score

Or maybe not.....yikes 7-0 ....3min left in the 3rd

#244 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

Hahaha ok they got 1..... That's determination with 33 sec left

#245 redhdlois

redhdlois

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

LOL yes...you were right.....Detroit scored with 33 seconds left.....and Chicago scored 7

#246 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

Gillis's model of the Vancouver Canucks: follow in the shoes of Detroit.

Gillis, you're doing it wrong.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#247 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

As someone else pointed out recently, this team has a country club mentality. The complacency is out of this world. No heart or drive at all. Team doesn't even look interested. But hey, maybe they'll make some quirky jokes about it on twitter later?

212e8lw.jpg

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#248 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

As someone else pointed out recently, this team has a country club mentality. The complacency is out of this world. No heart or drive at all. Team doesn't even look interested. But hey, maybe they'll make some quirky jokes about it on twitter later?

Im sure they're just saving it for the playoffs.. :lol: You know sometimes i really wish Henrik was NOT our captain.

#249 Johnny Shotgun

Johnny Shotgun

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

AV is a joke as a coach and it reflects in the lackluster play of HIS team. Gillis is totally ineffective and should be shown the door as well.
No one escapes my blast!

#250 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,155 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

Glad nux werent alone. at least didnt lose 7-1

Chicago led 3-0 at the end of the first period after scoring on its first three shots in a 1:39 span in the game's first four-and-a-half minutes.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419551

Edited by Jaimito, 31 March 2013 - 01:28 PM.

Posted Image

#251 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

We'll make the playoffs. Oilers won't. End of story.
Posted Image

#252 thema

thema

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

Very disappointed to see the GDT where there were literally dozens of posts advocating our players deliberately injuring the Oilers top players for having the audacity to beat us. We got beat by a hot team whereas our team has been living off the back of our hot goalie (who got all of 3 minutes to show his stuff before being pulled). Naturally Luongo went in and was just as bad until we were so far behind that there was no hope to come back and, with the pressure off, was his usual regular season self. If I were Cory I would be pissed but the bigger question remains: did AV feel that a 2-0 deficit 2 minutes into the game meant that we were out of it? I sure hope not or else we are in bigger trouble than anyone here realizes

#253 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

Go back to what I wrote, then go watch the the post game interview with Lou. He says the same things that I observed. Yes he competed but was like a fish out of water. Its pointless for me to post here because most of you Lou Lovers have no freaking idea about goaltending or what you think you are seeing with absolutely no goaltending background. Like talking to an outhouse wall.

no he doesn't, shut up and stop pretending to be an NHL goalies coach and trying to hide that you hate Luongo and love Schneider. it's quite obvious in every post you make. be unbiased and objective or just keep your garbage off these boards

#254 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

Anyone else notice that the post game interview with Hank has been replaced with an ad for a Calgary Flames community imitative? Makes me wonder if it's just a weird accident or someone's comment on last night's effort.

I want those hidden tapes.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#255 poetica

poetica

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,876 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

I want those hidden tapes.

Looks like Hank's interview is available on the website now in the video section. Just funny that when I tried to watch it from the main page's link (for post game interviews) it was the Calgary ad. Seriously, someone in the IT department must have been feeling a little snarky after last night's game. *lol*
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#256 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

LOL Schneider gives up 2 on the first 2 shots he faces, Luongo comes in and gives up 2 but then battles back and is the only one who actually is playing with any kind of compete in his game and you still rip Luongo?

you are a complete joke

Pretty much this.

It's hard to be a goalie during a 60 minute 5-on-0 powerplay.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#257 MAHVELUSRAY

MAHVELUSRAY

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

AMEN TO THIS

I wonder how many. Amens. can we get for a well written post.. This post has more life in it than the team has .
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE; THE IMPOSSIBLE ONLY TAKES A FEW MINUTES LONGER
AND A FEW DOLLARS MORE

#258 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

Av threw Lou under the bus last spring in the playoffs when he declared CS as the #1. CS went on to win a mind blowing one game(defiantly deserved to be named the starter) in three. the powerplay one trick pony Brown and the D coach Rick B have not been able to produce. Like mentioned the PP is the worst in the league the d looks lost, bad coverage ill advised pinches. Does anyone on this team finish there checks even the plugs rarely hit at some point the finger must turn to the boss behind the bench.

Karma has a funny way of coming full circle, last spring and to some degree the year before Louie was hung out to dry by AV. Helping cover AV's short coming and is inability to motivate and adapt this team. now with few left to blame his name starts getting mentioned as it should .Every one says Louie is a great regular season goaltender but not so much in the playoffs. I say the same about AV and his entire coaching staff, out coached more time than i can remember poorly prepared and over confident. the off season should bring more changes than just the players its time for a new voice behind the bench.

Agreed. Luongo has had shortcomings in the playoffs and I believe AV is largely responsible for that. That's only one of AV's shortcomings in my opinion however.

#259 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

no he doesn't, shut up and stop pretending to be an NHL goalies coach and trying to hide that you hate Luongo and love Schneider. it's quite obvious in every post you make. be unbiased and objective or just keep your garbage off these boards

I never see you make posts like this directed at CH 101, Apollo, or Downunda.

Odd.

#260 Adamth

Adamth

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

Simple good goaltending with no team hunger or effort = a Burnt loss.. and yes the Canucks never look hungry at all these days..

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.