The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks have to keep both goalies

Ugli Fruit

Maybe im just a conspiracist...

But its like they are trying to save Schneiders stats.. If that was Lu.. GUARANTEED he plays the whole game.

I dont think AV has ever pulled a goalie so fast in his whole career.

You got to admit, Lu has handled this very well and at one point he was the captain of this team. He probably really loves this team. For all we know Lu is going along with this Schneider is the starter, goaltending fiasco to build up Cory's worth and downplay his own.

Example. Lets say Gillis goes to a team and says i want (top tier player) for Lu... They laugh in his face and say, throw in schneider instead and then we can start negotiating.. Bla bla.

Is this whole Lu trade, goalie controversy just a big decoy for Gillis' main plan??

Wont know until either the trade deadline or the draft/off season...

I keep beating the drum with this. Both goalies are great goalies and BOTH should be on the market. Until then we keep them and once a favourable offer comes in then you pull the trigger. It really is in our best interest to move one of the goalies since we do need help up front. But ONLY if the move benefits out team in the future. Would love to see a 1st rounder added this year and lower tier centre. Need to start stocking up on young guns again to compete with Edmonton.

I have always been a supporter on keeping Luongo.

Always been and will be a classy guy.

He deserves to be on this team, as he approaches his retirement in the near future.

Even though he let in 2 bad goals this evening, I feel he still got the determination in him. :)

It's clear that Schneider is the future of the team; he's younger. However, he lacks experience, and he simply does not know how to handle situations like this. He's a young goalie without that many games under his belt. This team needs a veteran like Luongo to keep thing under control.

Just look at tonight. Say what you want about Luongo not having any pressure any more, but if you're going to compare Luongo and Schneider as a starter, tonight's meltdown has redefined the term.

If this team is to succeed in the post-season, they HAVE to keep them both. Cap doesn't really factor into this anymore, as there isn't anything to spend money on anyway. Gillis showed he doesn't intend to make any moves when he pretty much let Iginla go without so much as a raised finger.

Luongo is still going to be at this level for the next 2-3 years. That's our window in terms of goaltending. Let Lu play 25-30 games and relieve Schneider during his weak games. Luongo can be our failsafe, and I'm sure he won't complain since he knows he is aging, and the team is still a contender.

I know it sounds weird to say we should keep both goalies, as Schneider has an amazing 0.00 sv% tonight, and Luongo was likewise terrible at first. But tonight doesn't define the 2 goalies' skills. All this game did was prove to us that Schneider is clearly not ready yet, though he almost is. Keep Luongo around, please. Put in some random backup and tonight's game is suddenly 7-0.

LoB

Edit: Let me make it more clear: Schneider does not know how to deal with meltdowns. His FIRST start of the season? 5 goals on a whopping 9 shots. You have games where you allow maybe 4-5 goals on 20 shots over 2 periods, but it's a whole different story when you let in more goals than you face shots. I'm not saying Schneider is weak-willed. But this is something you learn by playing more. Since our goal is to win the cup and not to simply compete, that kind of process must be bypassed, and Luongo provides that bypass. Why don't you all move past the team Schneider/team Luongo crap and think about this for a second?

Maybe im just a conspiracist...

But its like they are trying to save Schneiders stats.. If that was Lu.. GUARANTEED he plays the whole game.

I dont think AV has ever pulled a goalie so fast in his whole career.

You got to admit, Lu has handled this very well and at one point he was the captain of this team. He probably really loves this team. For all we know Lu is going along with this Schneider is the starter, goaltending fiasco to build up Cory's worth and downplay his own.

Example. Lets say Gillis goes to a team and says i want (top tier player) for Lu... They laugh in his face and say, throw in schneider instead and then we can start negotiating.. Bla bla.

Is this whole Lu trade, goalie controversy just a big decoy for Gillis' main plan??

Wont know until either the trade deadline or the draft/off season...

First thing need to tell everyone here ( my english is not first lanuage )

One of my cousin's friend is college hockey player . He know about his ( Schneider ) history . When he was 17- 18 . He had some problems in his stomach because he scared lots times before start the game .gave up 2-3 goals quickly like he does many times this season .

Nobody knows about it . Only few college teammates knews about it and his coach knew it .

Loungo , brodeur, patrick roy , miller many more goalies land as #1 goalie in nhl since they start them carrier . He came in nhl as backup . Why he doesn't came as #1 goalie ? Jus because he had no experience how to handle the team pressure .

Luongo is still going to be at this level for the next 2-3 years. That's our window in terms of goaltending. Let Lu play 25-30 games and relieve Schneider during his weak games. Luongo can be our failsafe, and I'm sure he won't complain since he knows he is aging, and the team is still a contender.

Archived