The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Mike Gillis attended Sharks-Coyotes game

As per David Pollak‏@PollakOnSharks3h

On the Clowe front: BOS, but not MON on scouts list tonight. Both teams watched #SJSharks vs. DET. Also here: Mike Gillis, Canucks GM.

Can speculate all we want who he is looking at, he normally throws a curveball when we think we know who he is targeting.

Top two that come to mind would be Clowe or Torres

We play a defensive system too like Phoenix.

How bad could he be, he brings alot of talent to the table and can be a legitimate 1 shot scoring threat.

Also he played less than 20 games for Tampa, thats not a large enough sample size to say he can only produce offense in Phoenix.

If we can get him at a decent price, I will take him over some of the other options out there.

Blame the media for that. Luongo was the same way with the media before this season, so would you call him boring and passionless? Exactly.

Just because the players don't want to cause a stir in front of the camera it doesn't mean they have no personality off camera.

95% of the league is boring and passionless if we go by what you just said.

Is it sad that I would actually like to see him just so we would have someone with an actual personality on the team once Luo goes?

Our team is a bunch of really boring personalities. Bieksa is funny sometimes but comes across as a douche most of the time. Kesler is just a whiner. Everyone else just screams out boring and passionless.

You could say that about alot of players.

And considering Clowe is a rental that hasn't been good at all this year, I would rather pay more of Vrbata who has a great contract for next year rather than overpay for Clowe.

Even Jagr. I would rather pay less and get Vrbata. Although if we can get Jagr at a reasonable price I would love to do that. Although I doubt he is available at a reasonable price.

Clowe's had a shoulder injury - has been producing nothing despite playing in a quality top 6 - I wouldn't take a risk on him - something seems wrong with the guy. Let the Bs overpay for him. Not much of interest on SJ aside from their 2 and 3 Cs, that also happen to be their best assets moving forward imo...

Might be a good time to trade Ballard, when the prices are insane - if that pylon Murray went for a pair of 2nds, Keith has to be worth considerably more than that - and he's been scratched recently. I don't see Alberts being a better option than Ballard, so I have to wonder if he's not being shopped.

Phoenix wish list - Gordon. Perhaps Vermette if the price is right.

Clowes back to his self now, hes been playing injured but he's healthy again. Past few games he's been very noticeable. Even if he isn't scoring, he's being physical.

Jagr makes everyone better. Maybe he'll get Kesler passing again.

Vrbata is a potential skater that doesn't know what to do. That's what I'm saying. I rather overpay for something, rather than pay for nothing. You are overrating Vrbata. Adding Vrbata does nothing. You can disagree all you want, I'm pretty sure he won't be a Canuck any time soon.

Archived