The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Mike Gillis attended Sharks-Coyotes game

The thing that you're not understanding is that they DO CARE, but they keep it behind closed doors.

They talk like "Robots" to the media not because of AV, but because of the MEDIA.

Vancouver media twist anything they can get into a huge dramatic blowup.

That's why you hear about the team having player only meetings or team meetings.

I honestly don't know how much clearer I can make it. Some people just see what they want to see.

To be honest, I think you need to realize that there are A LOT of good teams in this league, to expect this team to dominate every night is foolish, we're still 4th in the conference even though we've played average most nights.

I think it's clear this team needs a significant addition though, if there isn't one we won't make it past round 2.

If they care that much then how come when they get their assess handed to them in games like tonight they don't follow it up by being fired up and coming out with something to prove? I have yet to see them this year after a tough or even embarrassing loss come out and play like they were hungry the next game.

You are not behind closed doors so don't try to tell me you know they care or don't. You have no idea. I go by what I can actually see. Their words suggest they don't care but even worse, their response to adversity says it even louder.

They have had one players only meeting this year that has been reported......and nothing came of it.

This team has taken on the personality of its coach and they come across in varying degrees of apathetic, arrogant, and flippant. I don't think there is any one player that could be brought in at the deadline - or even several players - that could break through that. I hope so for the team's sake but I doubt it.

Derek Morris is someone I can see as a playoff warrior/performer, especially. Torres and Gordon would be nice pick-ups as well.

Then after grabbing them, go to San Jose and offer a Patrick White-esque trade for Clowe.

Sedins-Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Kassian

Clowe - Lapierre - Hansen

Torres - Gordon - Pinny

Edler- Bieksa

Hamhuis - Tanev

Garrison - Morris

Maybe then package Higgins in a deal for a third line center.

Don't be surprised if MG freezes again.

He is not only a deer in the headlights when it comes to trades, he's a deer that imagines headlights everywhere he goes.

It's all about focus. Focus on what your team needs, focus on what you can give up and focus on getting it done. I will say one thing though, no matter how focussed MG thinks he is, he has a past littered with acquiring players, other teams were not interested in.

That says a lot to me about the man and his scouts.

PS Did anyone else get the between the lines message from AV after last nights game. Frustration.......he knows the team needs some new blood but what can he do? We are competing in a race with 2011's car while the other teams have all had upgrades.

He is not only a deer in the headlights when it comes to trades, he's a deer that imagines headlights everywhere he goes.

It's all about focus. Focus on what your team needs, focus on what you can give up and focus on getting it done. I will say one thing though, no matter how focussed MG thinks he is, he has a past littered with acquiring players, other teams were not interested in.

PS Did anyone else get the between the lines message from AV after last nights game. Frustration.......he knows the team needs some new blood but what can he do? We are competing in a race with 2011's car while the other teams have all had upgrades.

Archived