Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Report] Mike Gillis attended Sharks-Coyotes game

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
147 replies to this topic

#61 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:02 AM

Ballard, Sauve, and a 2nd

For

Torres, Gordon, and Morris

Derek Morris is someone I can see as a playoff warrior/performer, especially. Torres and Gordon would be nice pick-ups as well.

Then after grabbing them, go to San Jose and offer a Patrick White-esque trade for Clowe.

Sedins-Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Kassian
Clowe - Lapierre - Hansen
Torres - Gordon - Pinny

Edler- Bieksa
Hamhuis - Tanev
Garrison - Morris

Maybe then package Higgins in a deal for a third line center.

Edited by LuongoCFan, 31 March 2013 - 01:09 AM.

#62 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,641 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

Phx might not be seller but they have money trouble and not exactly a rich team............got to dump some contract

Vermette is on a pretty reasonable contract.

If they are looking at moving someone cause of financial concerns it would probably be a defenseman like Michalek or maybe Yandle.

They are 24 Million under the cap for next season, and who knows if they will even be in Phoenix, so I don't see the financial thing as a major motive to trade away good players, or as an issue (to put it in better terms) for them right now.

zackass.png

#63 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,791 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:07 AM

None of the players who are potentially being looked at are "playoff performers".

If you're a forward and have one goal in 57 playoff games, you shouldn't even be considered.
Posted Image

#64 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,764 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

The thing that you're not understanding is that they DO CARE, but they keep it behind closed doors.

They talk like "Robots" to the media not because of AV, but because of the MEDIA.

Vancouver media twist anything they can get into a huge dramatic blowup.

That's why you hear about the team having player only meetings or team meetings.

I honestly don't know how much clearer I can make it. Some people just see what they want to see.

If they care that much then how come when they get their assess handed to them in games like tonight they don't follow it up by being fired up and coming out with something to prove? I have yet to see them this year after a tough or even embarrassing loss come out and play like they were hungry the next game.

You are not behind closed doors so don't try to tell me you know they care or don't. You have no idea. I go by what I can actually see. Their words suggest they don't care but even worse, their response to adversity says it even louder.

They have had one players only meeting this year that has been reported......and nothing came of it.

This team has taken on the personality of its coach and they come across in varying degrees of apathetic, arrogant, and flippant. I don't think there is any one player that could be brought in at the deadline - or even several players - that could break through that. I hope so for the team's sake but I doubt it.

Edited by wallstreetamigo, 31 March 2013 - 01:17 AM.

#65 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,764 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:22 AM

To be honest, I think you need to realize that there are A LOT of good teams in this league, to expect this team to dominate every night is foolish, we're still 4th in the conference even though we've played average most nights.

I think it's clear this team needs a significant addition though, if there isn't one we won't make it past round 2.

I don't expect them to ever dominate in their current form. I expect them to work hard and play their best for a full 60 minutes though. And that is not too much to ask of any team.

And playing average but making the playoffs has been more of a curse than a blessing. It creates the false sense of security that they are playing good enough to win come playoff time........like last year.

I can tolerate the Canucks losing if the team puts in the effort and simply gets beaten. That can happen to any team. That actually goes for the playoffs too. I expect the coaching staff and the players to do all they can though.

This team needs an infusion of something for sure. Heart and passion would go a long way. So guys like Torres or Clowe might be helpful at the right price.

Edited by wallstreetamigo, 31 March 2013 - 01:25 AM.

#66 Mrock-763

Mrock-763

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:23 AM

Ballard, Sauve, and a 2nd

For

Torres, Gordon, and Morris

Would rather give them a later pick, like 3/4 rd, but this should work well for both teams. Ballard will no doubt be welcomed back in Phoenix where he put up decent numbers. Obviously he's being under utilized and mistreated by AV.

Torres brings grit and energy and was a fan favorite.

Don't know much about Gordon, but he was a 17th overall pick in '02 and could help our 4th line.

Morris seems like a better fit and is a RHD (that's a plus)

Edited by Mrock-763, 31 March 2013 - 02:03 AM.

Posted Image
Props to Olias for providing me with this sick sig!

#67 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,618 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:27 AM

If you're a forward and have one goal in 57 playoff games, you shouldn't even be considered.

You may not bother to consider him, but whether he shouldn't be is another question.

Gordon has a goal and 7 points in 52 playoff games.
Malhotra had 2 goals and no assists in 35 playoff games.

In both cases that tells virtually none of the story.

In both cases these guys win in the 58/59% of faceoffs and generate 15 or 20% more offensive zone starts than they themselves get.

They are shutdown centers and judging them by their point production misses the point of their role. The guys who benefit from those 15 or 20% of additional offensive zone starts that these players generate are the top 6. If people wonder why the Sedins are not producing quite as much as they expect, part of that is the territorial advantage that is normally generated by the bottom six isn't quite there this season. Henrik is taking more defensive zone starts than ever. It's a waste of his energy, but necessary under the circumstances. Guys like Gordon make the rest of their team better.
I'd love to see him added - he's also a guy with very good speed, and his 10 points and even =/- in 35 games playing the role he does is actually fairly impressive.

#68 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 19,618 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:31 AM

If they care that much then how come when they get their assess handed to them in games like tonight they don't follow it up by being fired up and coming out with something to prove? I have yet to see them this year after a tough or even embarrassing loss come out and play like they were hungry the next game.

You are not behind closed doors so don't try to tell me you know they care or don't. You have no idea. I go by what I can actually see. Their words suggest they don't care but even worse, their response to adversity says it even louder.

They have had one players only meeting this year that has been reported......and nothing came of it.

This team has taken on the personality of its coach and they come across in varying degrees of apathetic, arrogant, and flippant. I don't think there is any one player that could be brought in at the deadline - or even several players - that could break through that. I hope so for the team's sake but I doubt it.

http://canucks.nhl.c...m?id=2012020309

#69 doobiedoodoo

doobiedoodoo

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:33 AM

Gordon would be nice. Vermette would be best.

#70 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,764 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

http://canucks.nhl.c...m?id=2012020309

They lost the previous game 4-2 to Phoenix......and the one before that 4-2 loss they got hammered 8-3 by Detroit.

So they got drubbed by Detroit and did not come out and prove anything the next game against Phoenix, just like I said.

#71 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 19,618 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:45 AM

They lost the previous game 4-2 to Phoenix......and the one before that 4-2 loss they got hammered 8-3 by Detroit.

So they got drubbed by Detroit and did not come out and prove anything the next game against Phoenix, just like I said.

M K. Just like you said.

http://canucks.nhl.c...m?id=2012020282

#72 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:01 AM

Biznasty's coming to the Canucks! We'll have the best one-two Twitter punch in the league with him and Strombone1.

#73 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:09 AM

Vermette or Gordon
Torres
Morris

for

Ballard
Ebbett
Connauton
2nd 2013
3nd 2014

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 31 March 2013 - 06:11 AM.

#74 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:03 AM

Bissonette?
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#75 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

Derek Morris is someone I can see as a playoff warrior/performer, especially. Torres and Gordon would be nice pick-ups as well.

Then after grabbing them, go to San Jose and offer a Patrick White-esque trade for Clowe.

Sedins-Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Kassian
Clowe - Lapierre - Hansen
Torres - Gordon - Pinny

Edler- Bieksa
Hamhuis - Tanev
Garrison - Morris

Maybe then package Higgins in a deal for a third line center.

higgins is a ufa, we're not getting much for him, more valuable with us in the playoffs and i'd like to see him re-signed. he is a valuable playoff performer and he, a 3rd line center and hansen would make a strong 3rd checking line.

#76 Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

2 times the charm lets get doan

luo_sig_with_words.jpg

#77 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

Don't be surprised if MG freezes again.

He is not only a deer in the headlights when it comes to trades, he's a deer that imagines headlights everywhere he goes.

It's all about focus. Focus on what your team needs, focus on what you can give up and focus on getting it done. I will say one thing though, no matter how focussed MG thinks he is, he has a past littered with acquiring players, other teams were not interested in.

That says a lot to me about the man and his scouts.

PS Did anyone else get the between the lines message from AV after last nights game. Frustration.......he knows the team needs some new blood but what can he do? We are competing in a race with 2011's car while the other teams have all had upgrades.
Kevin.jpg

#78 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

He is not only a deer in the headlights when it comes to trades, he's a deer that imagines headlights everywhere he goes.

It's all about focus. Focus on what your team needs, focus on what you can give up and focus on getting it done. I will say one thing though, no matter how focussed MG thinks he is, he has a past littered with acquiring players, other teams were not interested in.

PS Did anyone else get the between the lines message from AV after last nights game. Frustration.......he knows the team needs some new blood but what can he do? We are competing in a race with 2011's car while the other teams have all had upgrades.

yes...it was a direct shot at MG. Saying I don't have the tools

His quote was something to the effect of

"We couldn't match up against Hall's line, I tried every different combination but they controlled the puck in our zone for most of the game and we couldn't match their speed".

Ps. This aint the 2011 car, its more like 2005

#79 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

Boyd Gordon would be a nice addition
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#80 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 19,618 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

#81 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

wonder if Luongo is playing monday

#82 FinishEveryCheck

FinishEveryCheck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

The time for Mike gillis to make bold moves was months ago.
I am expecting another insufficient band aid and this team done in 4-5 games if they even make the playoffs.
Even healthy this team is 2-3 pieces shy of being a contender.
I honestly don't feel this leadership core , from the coaches to the players has the intensity or hunger to compete anymore.
If this fanbase thinks the Sedins and mason Raymond are gonna flip a switch and start producing in the playoffs when the whistles go away then they're smoking the same bath salts as the management .
If last nights no show doesn't cost someone's job with this team than gillis might find himself unemployed this spring.

I've see this group of millionaires put a 60 minute together 2x this year .

It's not losing as so much as its the complete lack of effort.

Even Sestito and pinizzotto couldn't be bothered to try and spark this group after thy went down 3 and there goalie pulled.

Time to think about golf boys and book your movers because if the status quo remains this team will get blown up this summer and deservedly so.

#83 nowhereman

nowhereman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

2 times the charm lets get doan

Not to stray too far off topic but aren't there better sig options out there than Nick Cousins, given the kind of person he is off the ice?
Posted Image

#84 Drop Em

Drop Em

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

None of the players who are potentially being looked at are "playoff performers".

Then you don't watch the playoffs because Ryan Clowe has proven to be playoff performer throughout his career, as well as being a proven physical force.

#85 canucks#01fan

canucks#01fan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,975 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

Marleau
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for avatar

#86 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

The time for Mike gillis to make bold moves was months ago.
I am expecting another insufficient band aid and this team done in 4-5 games if they even make the playoffs.
Even healthy this team is 2-3 pieces shy of being a contender.
I honestly don't feel this leadership core , from the coaches to the players has the intensity or hunger to compete anymore.
If this fanbase thinks the Sedins and mason Raymond are gonna flip a switch and start producing in the playoffs when the whistles go away then they're smoking the same bath salts as the management .
If last nights no show doesn't cost someone's job with this team than gillis might find himself unemployed this spring.

I've see this group of millionaires put a 60 minute together 2x this year .

It's not losing as so much as its the complete lack of effort.

Even Sestito and pinizzotto couldn't be bothered to try and spark this group after thy went down 3 and there goalie pulled.

Time to think about golf boys and book your movers because if the status quo remains this team will get blown up this summer and deservedly so.

:picard: if you don't believe go cheer for a new team...........loyal fans never give up :picard: please burn your jersey too thanks!

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#87 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 14,053 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

Vermette is on a pretty reasonable contract.

3.75m for a third liner = reasonable in next year's cap drop? i disagree

212e8lw.jpg

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#88 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

:picard: if you don't believe go cheer for a new team...........loyal fans never give up :picard: please burn your jersey too thanks!

Hey buddy. Criticizing the team, coaching staff and management does not mean the poster is not a fan; on the contrary in fact. I agree that being a fan of this team means a life of frustrations until death. It doesn't mean sit tight and don't complain. If anything, one could argue that the passive fan who just enjoys the game while texting is a lesser fan. A true passionate fan will want his team to win every night and pull the trigger to get better when there's a trigger to be pulled.

#89 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

Bissonette?

I don't really think he's an upgrade on what we have but I'd welcome him just for entertainment value. I think sestito may have a bit more skill (i know that sounds dumb) but Biz is such a beauty and really belongs in Vancouver.

#90 nhlrefsuck

nhlrefsuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

Clowe
Posted Image<---------- Thanks -VintageCanuck-

Sig too big. Please pick one of the two images. Thanks hv88

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.