The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Mike Gillis attended Sharks-Coyotes game

The time for Mike gillis to make bold moves was months ago.

I am expecting another insufficient band aid and this team done in 4-5 games if they even make the playoffs.

Even healthy this team is 2-3 pieces shy of being a contender.

I honestly don't feel this leadership core , from the coaches to the players has the intensity or hunger to compete anymore.

If this fanbase thinks the Sedins and mason Raymond are gonna flip a switch and start producing in the playoffs when the whistles go away then they're smoking the same bath salts as the management .

If last nights no show doesn't cost someone's job with this team than gillis might find himself unemployed this spring.

I've see this group of millionaires put a 60 minute together 2x this year .

It's not losing as so much as its the complete lack of effort.

Even Sestito and pinizzotto couldn't be bothered to try and spark this group after thy went down 3 and there goalie pulled.

Time to think about golf boys and book your movers because if the status quo remains this team will get blown up this summer and deservedly so.

The time for Mike gillis to make bold moves was months ago.

I am expecting another insufficient band aid and this team done in 4-5 games if they even make the playoffs.

Even healthy this team is 2-3 pieces shy of being a contender.

I honestly don't feel this leadership core , from the coaches to the players has the intensity or hunger to compete anymore.

If this fanbase thinks the Sedins and mason Raymond are gonna flip a switch and start producing in the playoffs when the whistles go away then they're smoking the same bath salts as the management .

If last nights no show doesn't cost someone's job with this team than gillis might find himself unemployed this spring.

I've see this group of millionaires put a 60 minute together 2x this year .

It's not losing as so much as its the complete lack of effort.

Even Sestito and pinizzotto couldn't be bothered to try and spark this group after thy went down 3 and there goalie pulled.

Time to think about golf boys and book your movers because if the status quo remains this team will get blown up this summer and deservedly so.

I'm pretty confused about how people would be excited about picking up Boyd Gordon. To my knowledge he is Right Wing (Most people are putting him at center, perhaps it's a Higgins type deal where he plays both I don't know? ) and he is only 6'0 tall and only 2 goals all season. From what I know he isn't a gritty/rough sandpaper energy guy.

If we were to pick up another winger I would hope for a more gritty player. Torres would be ideal in my mind to take over a Weise/Sestito position in the roster.

If Gordon does in fact play Center, I would prefer a more skill player like Roy or Vermette to initiate 3 lines of scoring. That minimal point production from Gordon is what has me uneasy. Then again I haven't been watching his play.

Could anyone shed some light here?

Archived