The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Retool for next year

Trade Booth/Ballard for picks or buyout one of them.

Trade Luongo for Grabovski or Bozak plus a prospect

Sign Torres and Murray and trade for Ott.

Waive Alberts, Barker and Vandermeer and sign Huskins

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Kassian-Grabovski-Kesler

Higgins-Ott-Hansen

Torres-Lappiere-Sestito

Garrison-Hamhuis

Edler-Murray

Bieksa-Tanev

Huskins

Schneider

Lack

This roster would be ideal for the playoffs as it can grind it out, score and provide the much needed physicality we have been lacking. The additions of Torres, Ott, Huskins and Murray would make our roster bigger and tougher to play against. We would still lack a PMD but having Ott and Grabovski, would give us some much needed offense as well with a healthy Kesler and an improving Kassian.

Being physical means nothing if you can't keep up. The team is so as it is, and desperate for a puck mover to move the puck quick to make the Twins more efficient.

Murray is a bad move unless you move Bieksa. Grabovski's 5.5M cap hit makes no sense.

Being physical means nothing if you can't keep up. The team is so as it is, and desperate for a puck mover to move the puck quick to make the Twins more efficient.

Murray is a bad move unless you move Bieksa. Grabovski's 5.5M cap hit makes no sense.

Well, a PMD is necessary for this team but am not sure what is available. Murray would be a replacement for Alberts while provide way better defense and being much more physical. Luongo's value is declining every minute so unless Gillis can land a better player than Grabovski or Bozak for Luongo, am game.

You really think we can win a cup with a roster that consists of superstars like Alberts, Barker, Ballard, Booth, Ebbett, Pinizotto, Sestito, Weise, Gordon etc. Look at who we have lost since the SCF run and who we have gained. The only meaningful player that we might've gained is Garrison. I didn't create this thread because we lost to Edmonton tonight, I had this in my mind since the beginning of this season. Gillis was great when he joined the Canucks and added much needed skill and talent to our team to allow us to win two presidents trophies in a row but he is going down a slippery slope.

the Canucks D is struggling because they are slow. Murray is probably even slower than what we already have. This doesn't help the team at all. If you want a physical guy, get Torres back. Problem solved. Being better than Alberts means nothing. Murray isn't better than Tanev, Edler, Hamhuis, or Garrison. Not worth paying a price for a bottom pair and there's no way to get rid of Bieksa.

Who cares about Luongo declining value. Don't focus on getting crap back. If you want to screw the team over by trading him for Bozak(UFA and nothing) and Grabovski's terrible contract. Might as well just buy the guy out to save time.

with the Salary cap going down next year. Even getting rid of Ballard/Booth/Luongo isn't going to get you too much cap space. If you want anything done, you have to move a big contract. The Twins/Kesler.

I honestly believe if we plummet out of the playoffs this year you do a deal around one of our high paid d-men.. and really change the makeup of this team. IE. Trade one of Bieksa, Hamhuis, Edler, Garrison OR/AND move Burrows or Raymond.

These little tinkerings do nothing.. the core top six remains the same, but they are the problem.. When is the last time we had a true sniper.. The Sedins are not snipers and the Sedins are on the decline. Kesler had 1 great year when he was effective. It would not be unreasonable to think he never reaches that level again.

I don't think you need to go full rebuild mode but at some point enough is enough.

You are telling me that with the expiring contracts of Raymond, Malhotra, Higgins, Lappierre along with $14 million combined contracts of Luongo, Ballard and Booth, that we would still need to get rid of another big contract? If that is the case, we might as well trade the whole damn roster since it seems the cap will be at zero next year.

Archived