Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Canucks Retool for next year

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#31 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

So who replaces Malholtra? Who replaces Raymond? How about Hansen, Tanev, and Schroeder's extensions?

you know the cap is going down too right?

Schroeder and Tanev would not need a big raise to be re-signed. Heck, Raymond and Schroeder might get traded down the road for someone that can replace Malhotra. You also have to remember that our whole second line has not played much of this season and it is probably a big reason why Gillis has signed so many depth players this year.

Edited by Pouria, 30 March 2013 - 11:56 PM.

Posted Image

#32 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

Our Backup goalie would be Lack and it doesn't take a lot to Re-sign those UFAs or RFAs. We probably won't even sign have of those contracts and don't forget that Malhotra's $2.5 million contract still counts for this year.

I don't expect Lack to be the starter after missing an entire season of development...maybe mid-season he gets the call but i would be surprised if he was here to start. Also Raymond your probably looking at $3 million. Higgins maybe a cut at $1.5. Schroder would get the min 10% raise i assume.

The point is we have to improve this team, sure we can bring everyone back and minus an opening spot where Booth was but then your looking at a really low salary there and Schroder as our 3rd line center i guess. A very weak team and no improvement whatsoever.. Yes im just thrilled.

#33 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:04 AM

Schroeder and Tanev would not need a big raise to be re-signed. Heck, Raymond and Schroeder might get traded down the road for someone that can replace Malhotra. You also have to remember that our whole second line has not played much of this season and it is probably a big reason why Gillis has signed so many depth players this year.

That makes no sense... You trade those guys, they still have to be replaced by someone else.. The point of the game is to improve. Not status quo.

#34 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,745 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

I don't expect Lack to be the starter after missing an entire season of development...maybe mid-season he gets the call but i would be surprised if he was here to start. Also Raymond your probably looking at $3 million. Higgins maybe a cut at $1.5. Schroder would get the min 10% raise i assume.

The point is we have to improve this team, sure we can bring everyone back and minus an opening spot where Booth was but then your looking at a really low salary there and Schroder as our 3rd line center i guess. A very weak team and no improvement whatsoever.. Yes im just thrilled.

There is a bit of optimism though. Raymond will/should probably walk. Booth, Luongo, and Ballard all need to go. Re-sign what the team needs. Potentially, hope for Jensen or a Connauton to jump in. Will be able to afford one of the 3 needs - puck mover, 3rd liner, 2nd line scorer. Then wait for deadline to make any more necessarily adjustments. Hope for Kassian to be more consistent.

Most is already set.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
XXXX Kesler Higgins
Hansen XXXX Kassian
XXX XXXX XXX

Garrison Edler
Hamhuis Bieksa
Tanev XXXX

Schneider
XXXX

Edited by Rey, 31 March 2013 - 12:10 AM.

#35 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

There is a bit of optimism though. Raymond will/should probably walk. Booth, Luongo, and Ballard all need to go. Re-sign what the team needs. Potentially, hope for Jensen or a Connauton to jump in. Will be able to afford one of the 3 needs - puck mover, 3rd liner, 2nd line scorer. Then wait for deadline to make any more necessarily adjustments. Hope for Kassian to be more consistent.

Most is already set.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
XXXX Kesler Higgins
Hansen XXXX Kassian
XXX XXXX XXX

Garrison Edler
Hamhuis Bieksa
Tanev XXXX

Schneider
XXXX

I can't say im thrilled with Higgins on the 2nd line. I don't want to see Schroeder as our 3rd line center, wonder if they would try him at center and Kesler on the wing..Still an open spot for another top six guy. Otherwise that looks about right. I can say i wouldn't be terribly upset if Raymond left..altho some ppl around here sure would.

Also think our top priorities should be signing/or trading for a proven top six forward, 3rd line center and a stay at home RH D. May need to move a big salary D-man to get that forward.

Edited by bobopan, 31 March 2013 - 12:19 AM.

#36 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

Everyone hates on booth. I like what he brings, just bad luck with injuries.

#37 AllEyezOnMe

AllEyezOnMe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:54 AM

with the Salary cap going down next year. Even getting rid of Ballard/Booth/Luongo isn't going to get you too much cap space. If you want anything done, you have to move a big contract. The Twins/Kesler.

twins-kesler-burrows-bieksa-hamhuis-tanev-Schneider= UNTOUCHABLE :) in other words move anyone on the team other then this core and were fine

#38 BenDrinkin

BenDrinkin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,436 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:45 AM

Thank god for the Seahawks

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.