34 replies to this topic

#1 Canouver

Canouver

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:31 AM

I think we are expecting way to much from this team. We almost won it once now everyone expects us to win it every year. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

#2 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image

hL9YqYN.jpg

#3 papagrizz

papagrizz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

if an 8th seed team can win it, a 4th or 5th seed team can win it

#4 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,487 posts

:picard:

Don't think I need to add anymore here.

#5 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

I think we are expecting way to much from this team. We almost won it once now everyone expects us to win it every year. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Oh Geez, you just figured this out now?

Posted Image

#6 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

any team who make the playoff can win the cup............Cinderella run....... :picard:

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#7 MayRayDown

MayRayDown

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

Shouldn't you be on the Pittsburgh bandwagon by now?

#8 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

strong thread would read again

#9 naslund.is.king

naslund.is.king

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

They should probably put a word minimal on starting topics..

#10 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

1 in 30 teams is a Stanley Cup team...not exactly a bold prediction, chief. ;)
Posted Image

#11 BenDrinkin

BenDrinkin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:50 AM

Obviously we don't think this team is a stanley cup contender, but stranger things have happened. Let's just see what happens, and worst case scenario, we go camping early and often.

#12 naslund.is.king

naslund.is.king

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

They should put a limit on how often they let you complain about other people's topics.

joe shmo whats up bud ?missed ya. I know right i am left to many oppurtunities once again we meet in trash topic! Notice how quality of original post can effect evetything.?

#13 CanucksHockey11

CanucksHockey11

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

I wonder if your just saying that because of tonights game....

If schneider plays like he did in his last 6 starts not including this one we have a very good shot. The playoffs have a lot to do with luck. Hopefully a lot of your players get hot around that time of the year!

#14 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

joe shmo whats up bud ?missed ya. I know right i am left to many oppurtunities once again we meet in trash topic! Notice how quality of original post can effect evetything.?

You missed me after, what, 30 minutes? I feel more and more sorry for you by the minute. I'd hate to meet you in person. You're mother's basement must possess a very depressing atmosphere. I think you need to get out of the house more often.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#15 sunkist469

sunkist469

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:02 AM

Pretty obvious this team cannot score.......don't let the little offensive burst the Sedins had against Colorado fool you, they haven't been the same players for over a year............MayRayDown let's compare Pittsburgh and Vancouver for a moment..........
Crosby...........................H Sedin
Malkin............................D Sedin
Iginla..............................Kesler
Neal...............................Burrows
Kunitz............................Raymond
Morrow..........................Hansen
Sutter.............................Higgins
Dupius...........................Kassian
Cooke............................Schroeder
It's not even close, the defence is comparable with the addition of Murray, the only edge the Canucks have is in goal, unless Fleury plays back to his level of 3 or 4 years ago...................Gillis has his work cut out for him.....................no Cinderella story here, Los Angeles and New Jersey was an exception, not the rule.....................Vancouver has too many players not playing to their capabilities and even so, it won't be enough without MORE help..........

#16 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

It seems like the win in Boston last January was the Sedin's Stanley cup. Because since then. They haven't given a rats ass and neither has the team they are supposed to be leading.
jersey collection.jpg

#17 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

Canucks are playing the same way they did before the play-offs last year.

Lets hope none of our players get brutally injured this post-season when we get tossed in 5 because the Canucks don't care enough to play a full game of hockey.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#18 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,749 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

Pretty obvious this team cannot score.......don't let the little offensive burst the Sedins had against Colorado fool you, they haven't been the same players for over a year............MayRayDown let's compare Pittsburgh and Vancouver for a moment..........
Crosby...........................H Sedin
Malkin............................D Sedin
Iginla..............................Kesler
Neal...............................Burrows
Kunitz............................Raymond
Morrow..........................Hansen
Sutter.............................Higgins
Dupius...........................Kassian
Cooke............................Schroeder
It's not even close, the defence is comparable with the addition of Murray, the only edge the Canucks have is in goal, unless Fleury plays back to his level of 3 or 4 years ago...................Gillis has his work cut out for him.....................no Cinderella story here, Los Angeles and New Jersey was an exception, not the rule.....................Vancouver has too many players not playing to their capabilities and even so, it won't be enough without MORE help..........

We could always just hope they play really poor for some reason.

But the OP is right. This team isn't a contender; not even close.
Posted Image

#19 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

They are good enough to have a decent chance. Not good enough for people to be confident about their chances.

#20 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,950 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

They are good enough to have a decent chance. Not good enough for people to be confident about their chances.

This. Although the way they're playing they need a lot of luck too. Anything's possible just not likely.

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#21 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:20 AM

If this team could be inspired to actually care about the game they play, then they might have a shot at a Cinderella cup run...

There are a whole lot of "if"s that would have to come to fruition for this to be the case. While this is true for any given cup run, the Canucks are certainly facing a lot more "if"s than the other play-off bound teams are.

Edited by Joe_Shmo, 31 March 2013 - 01:22 AM.

Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#22 ftmN

ftmN

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:25 AM

They need to start hitting a run in their next few games, if they hit a run they will gain confidence and be a much better chance.

If they continue to play the same carefree hockey they will get eliminated first round assuming they make it to playoffs, plain and simple.
Posted Image
Thanks to (>'-')> for the sig.

#23 gamasutra

gamasutra

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

Well, they're certainly paid more than one.

#24 Rounoush

Rounoush

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:07 AM

We know...you let us know every single day... <_<

2dgqi51.jpgfcvifc.jpg
Thanks a bunch to khalifawiz501 and Discord for the signatures.

#25 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:38 AM

If this was started because of tonight's game, then this is a useless topic..

#26 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

I have believed this team will win the Stanley cup every year for 19 years.

Sure we Aren't as good as we have been in the past but I don't think we are too far off

Almost every team in the league is inconsistent, it's a weird year.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#27 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

Get this man a column with the province!

#28 Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:30 AM

i can see the op put alot of work in this thread

luo_sig_with_words.jpg

#29 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,517 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:22 AM

I have been saying all season that this is not a serious CUP contending roster since January. I am a fan but people have to be realistic.
1st line: is having a subpar year and have the added problem of no backup scoring of any significance.
2nd line: there is no second line. Expecting Kesler back with an impact is a possibility but who does he play with?
3rd line: A bright spot at times. CUP contending d-cores will hit these guys hard. Schroeder has potential but has no experience.
4th line: Inconsistant. Were playing well 2 weeks ago but have fallen off badly.

D-Core: has been weak all year. Not dominated a game in memory. Have been beaten physically along the boards regularly. This group gets credit for low scoring games when their opponents are stopped by goaltending or simply miss the net.
Goaltending: CUP contending capable. Schneider has been winning games for them and Lou was earlier in the season. It is the only aspect of this team that I have confidence in.

As a fan I can see this club has not been the same since early last spring. They are a puck control team which is weak in the FO circle since Manny and Kesler have been out. Their FO % is way below 50%.
Fighting for puck possession a lot can breed uncertainty and eventually led to confidence issues. Van has built this team around the Twins and when their puck possession is not working the team does not seem to have a fall back position. The teams physical game is inconsistant to be polite.

Putting the onus on Gillis to make a deal that saves the season and makes this roster a serious CUP contender is dream'in. At a minimum they need a 2C, possibly a 3C, a 2RW, and a 2RD. This might be overstating the situation as a more confident group could perform better.

Van keeps say'in how they pattern themselves after Detroit's possession game. For me it has always been a half effort. When Yzerman was winning his CUPS the WIngs were one of the most physical and tight checking squads there was. Van has never shown me the ability to play a shutdown, physical game. They show me an overreliance on goaltending and a times a high risk breakout game that often backfires, especially in CUP play. Last year LA sent two deep forecheckers who played the Van d-men physically and often succeeded. Van coaching does not seem to have developed an answer to that. CUP d-cores are not regular season efforts. Van is relatively successful in regular season play when nothing is really on the line. When everything is on the line their game can struggle.

Edited by Boudrias, 31 March 2013 - 07:25 AM.

#30 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

Canucks are playing the same way they did before the play-offs last year.

Lets hope none of our players get brutally injured this post-season when we get tossed in 5 because the Canucks don't care enough to play a full game of hockey.

No, we'll lose in 6, schnieds will stand on his head for the 2 wins, play great in the other 4 but we'll score an avg of 1 per game.

we will be out hit, turnover the puck numerous times in our own zone when whomever we play in the first round looks at tape of our losses and sees we can't handle a 2 man forcheck (can't clear the puck out of our zone unless its Tanev).

We'll be 7-10% in terms of our PP

AV and Hank will continue to 'give the other team credit, and say its a tough league'

People will call for Schnieds to be traded because he couldn't win on his own and ignore the fact he has a .920+ save percentage in the playoffs and was under 2 gaa but we still couldn't win.

MG will state at the end of the year that we had the right pieces in place and that we just had a ton of injuries to fight through (even though we don't anymore and the only substantive one is Kesler and he will be back by then, but the comment will be he wasn't in game shape).

Sounds familiar doesn't it.

Didn't Einstien say that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome....well I'd suggest MG look at that quote

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 31 March 2013 - 07:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.