The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do the Canucks really need Dale Weise?

ProudCanuckChick

Wtf, you guys serious?.. He's exceeding all my expectations this year.

He's been more effective than half our team this year and making a case to be played higher up the lineup every night.

He's alot better player than I thought he was last year. He will be a good 3rd liner in a couple years. Free bottom six prospect, 24yrs old and showing signs of being more than a 4th liner.

IMO probably the most improved player this year.

He's been more effective than half our team this year and making a case to be played higher up the lineup every night.

He's alot better player than I thought he was last year. He will be a good 3rd liner in a couple years. Free bottom six prospect, 24yrs old and showing signs of being more than a 4th liner.

Good plan, let's drop Weise, and grab Lucic :lol:

In a totally non-sexist way, it seems like you're pretty new to hockey. While Dale Weise doesn't score often, or fight well, he's just an energy player. He hits often enough and isn't a liability in any zone. He can kill penalties, and play well enough in the O-zone for a 4th liner. For his salary and role, he's doing fine.

OP u are wrong!! Weise is a beast! For a fourth banger he is what u want. Has size, can skate, decent hands, chips in the odd goal, and fights

( tho I admit his fightin skills aren't great)..

Who else would u want..? Volpatti? Me too but mg is an idiot lately.

What I really like I'd when he gets a chance, he tries to do something with it. Makes a move and dekes. This tells me we've got something with this guy. He really tries to be a better hockey player than he is.. Last I checked it worked pretty damn good for burrows and Hansen.

What is weises ceiling really?? I mean I thought Hansen was gonna be one of the best 4th liners in the league. He's a legit 2nd liner now on any team.

Weise is at least 3 times better than he was last year. He's 24 years old, how good will he be at 27?

I'm gonna go ahead and be that guy and say weise is going to be a decent 2nd liner one day. Go ahead and flame me but I'll leave the I told you so's to the guy at the team store that's selling you a weise jersey in 3 years.

He hits, fights, he's fast, he kills penalties and tries to improve his hands every game. It's gonna take a while but he is going to be a good player. By next year he'll be a fan fav on the third line. AV loves him. He is the model player for alain vigneault to turn into a beauty winger. We may hate how AV handles the good prospects. But you can't deny his success with the random sleepers that have amazing work ethic and focus.

Archived