The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do the Canucks really need Dale Weise?

ProudCanuckChick

I have been a huge Canucks fan for many many years, and I think that we have a great team BUT I struggle to see what the point of having Dale Weise on the team. Lets face it, he isnt a big scorer and his fighting skills are pretty weak, so why not get rid of him? What are your thoughts?

I have been a huge Canucks fan for many many years, and I think that we have a great team BUT I struggle to see what the point of having Dale Weise on the team. Lets face it, he isnt a big scorer and his fighting skills are pretty weak, so why not get rid of him? What are your thoughts?

I've always seen him as an average 4th liner that doesn't really have the skill to grow or provide much more. I'd rather see the spot given to someone on the rise either through the wolves or a trade.

Maybe "enforcer" is the wrong term to be used here as imo "enforcers" are supposed to have fighting ability- unfortunately, Dale doesnt have that. My whole problem with Dale Weise is that he doesnt add anything to the team. Sure, he can kill penalties, but so can many others. I dont know, he just irriates me, but thats just my own personal opinion.

Archived