67 replies to this topic

#31 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:12 AM

The guy earns $615,000 a year (Yes, I know not much compared to most players) but still, even for a 4th liner, I see zero talent. He doesnt score and he cant fight- so really what good is he???

Yeah, I understand your point, but all the injuries, I think we could use him for a little while.

drouin_sig_by_motzaburger-d7ucejm.jpg

Sig by CheddaBurger

#32 ProudCanuckChick

ProudCanuckChick

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:19 AM

Yeah, I understand your point, but all the injuries, I think we could use him for a little while.

Yes, we sure are having problems with injuries. It just doesnt seem to be our year eh- BUT I still have faith B)

#33 Lidstrom

Lidstrom

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:17 AM

What do we need him for? Sure he has scored a few goals, but for the $615,000 a year the Canucks are paying him, surely we could find a much better enforcer? I just dont see how he earns his money

The guy worked his arse off to make it in the NHL and earn that paycheck. Due to injuries, he was called upon as he was next on the depth chart. He is and has been playing 4th line minutes and doing the thing AV wants. Finishes his check, uses his speed and fights. Even put up an odd goal.

The fact we are ragging on a 4th liner is sad. He's not the make or break guy for this team. He is doing what is asked of him.
I can see how he earns his money.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#34 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:25 AM

The guy worked his arse off to make it in the NHL and earn that paycheck. Due to injuries, he was called upon as he was next on the depth chart. He is and has been playing 4th line minutes and doing the thing AV wants. Finishes his check, uses his speed and fights. Even put up an odd goal.

The fact we are ragging on a 4th liner is sad. He's not the make or break guy for this team. He is doing what is asked of him.
I can see how he earns his money.

No doubt, every team has guys like that.. Even the all mighty Pittsburgh Penguins (see Tanner Glass)

#35 Felix Potvin

Felix Potvin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:52 AM

Weise is garbage but so is Pinnizzoto he takes a dumb penalty a game

#36 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:14 AM

Right now we do

I agree. Given MG's stupid moves (Losing Volapatti) and no fourth liners that do anything other than Lappy we need him. He is good defensively and can skate, just doesn't hit enough for his role.

But right now, given the lack of anything we have on this team (I was looking at our lineup trying to figure out who we could move for torres/gordon/morris and we have ballard and an injured booth who we can't move, thats it, outside of lou..we're handcuffed bc of MG's failures).

So yes, right now we actually need this plug.

#37 Grape

Grape

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:17 AM

Well, Weise is actually one of the more skilled enforcers in the game, so ya we pretty much need him now since we're nagged with injuries and not scoring a lot.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image  
Signature Credit to Vintage Canuck!

Don't Click!

#38 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:19 AM

Well, Weise is actually one of the more skilled enforcers in the game, so ya we pretty much need him now since we're nagged with injuries and not scoring a lot.

enforcers actually hit and fight - he does neither, unless you consider falling into the boards at high speeds 'hitting'

#39 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

We need him more than Sestito and Pinizzotto
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#40 Hairy Kneel

Hairy Kneel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

There is a point to be made about our lack of development of our bottom 2 lines..strong teams have an identity thru all 4 lines..ours has been pretty much patchwork for several years now.

#41 Canucks fan in chicago

Canucks fan in chicago

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

Watch him get a hat trick next game haha

#42 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

The guy earns $615,000 a year (Yes, I know not much compared to most players) but still, even for a 4th liner, I see zero talent. He doesnt score and he cant fight- so really what good is he???

You see zero talent? How about every goal he's scored pretty much has been pretty? I like Dale, I think he does a good job for a fourth liner and has good control of the puck. Also he is much improved from last year, he got a lot faster and seems more confident.

Why'd you make this thread now? The guy's been injured and really doesn't have a huge impact on the success/failure of this team.

Edited by yogolol, 31 March 2013 - 08:28 AM.

Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#43 cc_devil

cc_devil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

Weise should go back to the dutch league.

#44 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

Actually last night I was actually thinking we missed him in that game.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#45 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

The team that I hate the most is definately the Bruins, but I would LOVE to see Milan Lucic join us. He is a much better hockey player and one of the most feared enforcers in the league

Good plan, let's drop Weise, and grab Lucic :lol:

In a totally non-sexist way, it seems like you're pretty new to hockey. While Dale Weise doesn't score often, or fight well, he's just an energy player. He hits often enough and isn't a liability in any zone. He can kill penalties, and play well enough in the O-zone for a 4th liner. For his salary and role, he's doing fine.

Posted Image

STHS Hockey League - Brooklyn Beavers GM

#46 bigpush

bigpush

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

He was a rookie last year, plays smart, finishes his checks, kills penalties, stands up for teammates and has shown flashes of offensive abilities.....and he was free so let's get rid of him.....

#47 Fred65

Fred65

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

He was a rookie last year, plays smart, finishes his checks, kills penalties, stands up for teammates and has shown flashes of offensive abilities.....and he was free so let's get rid of him.....

As Mario Lemieux isn't available for the 4th line this guy is as good as most 4th line players. In fact he might turn out to be another Hansen after a couple of more seasons.

#48 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,515 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

He's a 4th liner, we don't exactly have better guys to replace him. Who cares. 4th line is the least of our problems.

#49 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

Wtf, you guys serious?.. He's exceeding all my expectations this year.

He's been more effective than half our team this year and making a case to be played higher up the lineup every night.

He's alot better player than I thought he was last year. He will be a good 3rd liner in a couple years. Free bottom six prospect, 24yrs old and showing signs of being more than a 4th liner.

IMO probably the most improved player this year.

#50 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

He's been more effective than half our team this year and making a case to be played higher up the lineup every night.

He's alot better player than I thought he was last year. He will be a good 3rd liner in a couple years. Free bottom six prospect, 24yrs old and showing signs of being more than a 4th liner.

+1

Most improved after Hansen
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#51 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

Completely agree. Been impressed with Weise this season-was disappointed when he got injured.

#52 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

Weise, do we need him?

Even if this thread makes him play 3x better, that's still like 1 goal every 5 games...

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#53 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

Completely agree. Been impressed with Weise this season-was disappointed when he got injured.

What I really like I'd when he gets a chance, he tries to do something with it. Makes a move and dekes. This tells me we've got something with this guy. He really tries to be a better hockey player than he is.. Last I checked it worked pretty damn good for burrows and Hansen.

What is weises ceiling really?? I mean I thought Hansen was gonna be one of the best 4th liners in the league. He's a legit 2nd liner now on any team.

Weise is at least 3 times better than he was last year. He's 24 years old, how good will he be at 27?

I'm gonna go ahead and be that guy and say weise is going to be a decent 2nd liner one day. Go ahead and flame me but I'll leave the I told you so's to the guy at the team store that's selling you a weise jersey in 3 years.

He hits, fights, he's fast, he kills penalties and tries to improve his hands every game. It's gonna take a while but he is going to be a good player. By next year he'll be a fan fav on the third line. AV loves him. He is the model player for alain vigneault to turn into a beauty winger. We may hate how AV handles the good prospects. But you can't deny his success with the random sleepers that have amazing work ethic and focus.

#54 ProudCanuckChick

ProudCanuckChick

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

Good plan, let's drop Weise, and grab Lucic :lol:

In a totally non-sexist way, it seems like you're pretty new to hockey. While Dale Weise doesn't score often, or fight well, he's just an energy player. He hits often enough and isn't a liability in any zone. He can kill penalties, and play well enough in the O-zone for a 4th liner. For his salary and role, he's doing fine.

New to hockey? Me? Ummm nope, been watching it for 35 years now.

#55 Dayman

Dayman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

next big thread: Dale Weise: do we really need him?

#56 AFrame14

AFrame14

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

OP u are wrong!! Weise is a beast! For a fourth banger he is what u want. Has size, can skate, decent hands, chips in the odd goal, and fights
( tho I admit his fightin skills aren't great)..
Who else would u want..? Volpatti? Me too but mg is an idiot lately.
NUCKS FOR THE CUP

#57 AFrame14

AFrame14

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

What I really like I'd when he gets a chance, he tries to do something with it. Makes a move and dekes. This tells me we've got something with this guy. He really tries to be a better hockey player than he is.. Last I checked it worked pretty damn good for burrows and Hansen.

What is weises ceiling really?? I mean I thought Hansen was gonna be one of the best 4th liners in the league. He's a legit 2nd liner now on any team.

Weise is at least 3 times better than he was last year. He's 24 years old, how good will he be at 27?

I'm gonna go ahead and be that guy and say weise is going to be a decent 2nd liner one day. Go ahead and flame me but I'll leave the I told you so's to the guy at the team store that's selling you a weise jersey in 3 years.

He hits, fights, he's fast, he kills penalties and tries to improve his hands every game. It's gonna take a while but he is going to be a good player. By next year he'll be a fan fav on the third line. AV loves him. He is the model player for alain vigneault to turn into a beauty winger. We may hate how AV handles the good prospects. But you can't deny his success with the random sleepers that have amazing work ethic and focus.

Totally agree man!! 4th bangers don't score beauty's like wiese's last goal from schreoder.. He's had the potential to become at least a solid 3rd line winger.
NUCKS FOR THE CUP

#58 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

New to hockey? Me? Ummm nope, been watching it for 35 years now.

Huh. Well that surprises me, cause it doesn't seem like it. There's a lot worse players in the NHL than Weise, and saying that he's useless at 0.615 just isn't true at all.

Posted Image

STHS Hockey League - Brooklyn Beavers GM

#59 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

Dale Weise is like a non-factor. You can just sub in anyone to place a guy like that. Therefore, the answer is NO. We do not really need Dale Weise.

#60 ProudCanuckChick

ProudCanuckChick

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

Huh. Well that surprises me, cause it doesn't seem like it. There's a lot worse players in the NHL than Weise, and saying that he's useless at 0.615 just isn't true at all.

Why would that surprise you? Because I dont share your opinion?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.