67 replies to this topic

#61 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,604 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

Only on CDC does the entire team need to be a pure goal scorer, or a giant goon who runs around the ice taking idiotic penalties all game. (Not saying you, just... in general).

Dale Weise brings a lot more than Volpatti, Pinnizotto, or Sestito when it comes to a 4th line player. He can penalty kill, he hits, he chips in the odd point, and he'll stand up for his team-mates when he has to. What more can you expect from a 4th liner? He's going to go out with energy every shift, and our fourth line is better when Weise is healthy.

Edited by BananaMash, 31 March 2013 - 06:44 PM.

wZEgqzy.png

#62 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,790 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

Why would that surprise you? Because I dont share your opinion?

Because you say you want to drop Dale Wiese and pick up Lucic. Of course Lucic would be a great addition, but he's obviously one of the most immoveable players in the league, and we'd have to trade the world for him.

Also, once again, he's not useless. Like I said, he kills penalties, isn't a liability in any zone, has some offensive creativity (even if he doesn't have great hands) and comes cheap. Plus, he's only 24. Please explain how he's useless.

zuhwS.gif

#63 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,426 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

Weise leads the team in fights, he's also the only Canucks who hasn't got completely tooled this year. Has more goals than Clowe and 3 less than Lucic.

While there's guys that could be an upgrade for a similar role/salary, the list of downgrades is FAR longer.

#64 ProudCanuckChick

ProudCanuckChick

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

Because you say you want to drop Dale Wiese and pick up Lucic. Of course Lucic would be a great addition, but he's obviously one of the most immoveable players in the league, and we'd have to trade the world for him.

Also, once again, he's not useless. Like I said, he kills penalties, isn't a liability in any zone, has some offensive creativity (even if he doesn't have great hands) and comes cheap. Plus, he's only 24. Please explain how he's useless.

I have already explained why I think he's useless

#65 ProudCanuckChick

ProudCanuckChick

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

Weise leads the team in fights, he's also the only Canucks who hasn't got completely tooled this year. Has more goals than Clowe and 3 less than Lucic.

While there's guys that could be an upgrade for a similar role/salary, the list of downgrades is FAR longer.

Yes he may lead the team in fights, but what good is that if he loses more than he wins??? I would be one happy woman if we got rid of him and got Lucic

#66 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,604 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

Yes he may lead the team in fights, but what good is that if he loses more than he wins??? I would be one happy woman if we got rid of him and got Lucic

Fighting isn't always about winning or losing, it's about showing that you aren't afraid to stand up for your team-mates when something bad happens to them. Lucic and Weise aren't really comparable though, I think everyone here would much rather have Lucic than Weise, but as far as 4th line players go Dale Weise isn't that bad to have on the team.

wZEgqzy.png

#67 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,426 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

He doesn't lose badly, he's improved significantly over the last year. Does it really matter he won anyway? it's not going to change the outcome of the game. Kassian and Volpatti have gotton worked over in half their fights. Luc and Weise are on complete opposite ends of the depth chart and pay scale, Luc is also a moron and doesn't score this year nor in the playoffs any year.

Edited by CanucksSayEh, 31 March 2013 - 10:41 PM.

#68 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,790 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

I have already explained why I think he's useless

Because he's not a heavyweight fighter or a big scorer. Once again, you may be surprised to know that those two aspects are not the only important things in hockey. Weise is an energy player who can pot a couple goals, hit decently often, and play the PK.

I'll take Dale Weise over a player like George Parros any day of the week. Only one of them doesn't look completely out of place with his gloves on and his stick on the ice.

zuhwS.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.