Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Times of India Film Awards April 4-6

Speculation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#31 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,583 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

I hope not and I want my tax money back..

I hear ya.

And yet just today i heard Christy Clark on the radio declaring how this will lead to billions and billions of dollars and thousand of jobs. That's a pretty good trick for some made up awards show that no one seems to know about or care about.

HpkJUPw.jpg

Credit to KingAlex for the sig. R.I.P.

#32 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,583 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

So??

Who was the big winner of these Bollywood awards?

Posted Image

HpkJUPw.jpg

#33 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

So??

Who was the big winner of these Bollywood awards?

Posted Image

The City of Vancouver
Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#34 Nucks fan555555

Nucks fan555555

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

I heard the were pretty good from a couple friends
Go Canucks Go

#35 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

TOIFA turned out to be pretty good.

Afterparty + Beer = A fun night

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL  medium.png - CDCFL

#36 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,583 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

TOIFA turned out to be pretty good.

Afterparty + Beer = A fun night

Not bad for 9 Million dollars of tax money I guess.

HpkJUPw.jpg

#37 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

Not bad for 9 Million dollars of tax money I guess.

exactly what I was about to say...Those beers cost you a fortune 'The phaneuf Train'.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#38 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

That's true. Most people including me enjoyed the event but we all know that we (BC) just blew 11 million on a 3 day event. :picard:

Edited by The Phaneuf Train, 07 April 2013 - 03:24 PM.

#39 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,201 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

That woman on page one is STUNNING. She should win everything.

As for the security concerns...weak. I mean, the number one thing about security is that you maintain a professional aura and don't get starstruck, no matter who you are. If you do, you're not cut out for that line of work.

I have a cousin who is head of security for a huge company and was on tour with Sarah McLachlan, Avril Lavigne, etc....he picked Brad Pitt up from the airport when he was in town. He couldn't be more unfazed/unimpressed by it all. And that's the mindset you have to have...that it's just a job. To approach them from a "fan's"perspective is not only creepy, but gives the very real impression that you're not as focused as you should be.

2421657-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

You can be livin the dream at home. Dont even need to put yer pants on.

-Offensive Threat

#40 iwtl

iwtl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

I hear ya.

And yet just today i heard Christy Clark on the radio declaring how this will lead to billions and billions of dollars and thousand of jobs. That's a pretty good trick for some made up awards show that no one seems to know about or care about.

I don't know enough about the show or reasons for being in Vancovuer but as soon as I saw the press release that declared the BC Liberals insisted any show be held BEFORE the election - I simply could not support the cost. It will have had some benificial economic impact and may even break even but it will not generate even a dozen jobs after this show is cleaned up after and it will not generate any further BC Income other than what was spent over the weekend.

How many people attended each day? We can measure the expected economic benefits based on the per thousand that came for the weekend.
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness." - John Kenneth Galbraith

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. -
John Kenneth Galbraith

"This is the first test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible value to him." - William Lyon Phelps

#41 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

I'm sick of arguing with idiots, typically Indians that don't know any better...(don't worry I am Indian myself) making arguements about how a god damn 3 day event was worth 11 frickin' mill!...we have hospital shortages, not enough beds and health care sucks in general...what does this do for us?

We're still paying for the Olympics and this broad CC decides to put on another big tax hit event..where are the priorities?

The Star SK said he wasn't going to show up because his 'leg hurt', they threw another mill at him and He showed up..

They only way these people will learn, is when they find their loved one in desperate need of help and theirs no bed available for them, or not enough staff...and have to go out of the city for healthcare. defend the 11 mill then.

13zpnd4.jpg

#42 Nucks fan555555

Nucks fan555555

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

Maybe I shouldn't have declined tickets to the event...
Go Canucks Go

#43 Nucks fan555555

Nucks fan555555

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

I'm sick of arguing with idiots, typically Indians that don't know any better...(don't worry I am Indian myself) making arguements about how a god damn 3 day event was worth 11 frickin' mill!...we have hospital shortages, not enough beds and health care sucks in general...what does this do for us?

We're still paying for the Olympics and this broad CC decides to put on another big tax hit event..where are the priorities?

The Star SK said he wasn't going to show up because his 'leg hurt', they threw another mill at him and He showed up..

They only way these people will learn, is when they find their loved one in desperate need of help and theirs no bed available for them, or not enough staff...and have to go out of the city for healthcare. defend the 11 mill then.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you say nor was I a supporter of the event, but to be fair we don't know the actual finances of the event. For all we know it might have generated a lot of revenue and broke even considering most of the venues were packed. I say if an event like this breaks even it should be considered a success.
Go Canucks Go

#44 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

I'm sick of arguing with idiots, typically Indians that don't know any better...(don't worry I am Indian myself) making arguements about how a god damn 3 day event was worth 11 frickin' mill!

:bored:

Doesn't matter if you're Indian, that is insulting.

Maybe we should wait and see how much money this thing generates?

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#45 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,856 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

That woman on page one is STUNNING. She should win everything.

As for the security concerns...weak. I mean, the number one thing about security is that you maintain a professional aura and don't get starstruck, no matter who you are. If you do, you're not cut out for that line of work.

I have a cousin who is head of security for a huge company and was on tour with Sarah McLachlan, Avril Lavigne, etc....he picked Brad Pitt up from the airport when he was in town. He couldn't be more unfazed/unimpressed by it all. And that's the mindset you have to have...that it's just a job. To approach them from a "fan's"perspective is not only creepy, but gives the very real impression that you're not as focused as you should be.

As well as that most stars appreciate just being treated like anyone else. Many of them are quite keen to pick outthe phoneys in the crowd and suffer no fools.

#46 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:12 AM

:bored:

Doesn't matter if you're Indian, that is insulting.

Maybe we should wait and see how much money this thing generates?

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend my fellow Indians that didn't know any better...., sure, let's wait...3 day event=11 mill, I'm sure people will always have a job as long as CC is in charge and putting on these events every now and then at the cost of our taxes...take your blinders off and try to see.

Edited by nux4lyfe, 08 April 2013 - 04:14 AM.

13zpnd4.jpg

#47 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,583 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

Our "Premier" is surely a genius I tell ya.

She tweeted the morning after the show that 400 million people watched the event. One little problem, the show hasn't even been broadcasted yet! :lol:

The sharpest tool in the shed she is not.

And reports are she was booed. Booed at her own ethnic pandering event.

As for Mike de Jong, ‘The Ayatollah of Abbotsford’, he too was booed and couldn't even pronounce TOIFA. No wonder these clowns can't run government.

TOE-FEE :bigblush:

HpkJUPw.jpg

#48 Nucks fan555555

Nucks fan555555

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

Our "Premier" is surely a genius I tell ya.

She tweeted the morning after the show that 400 million people watched the event. One little problem, the show hasn't even been broadcasted yet! :lol:

The sharpest tool in the shed she is not.

And reports are she was booed. Booed at her own ethnic pandering event.

As for Mike de Jong, ‘The Ayatollah of Abbotsford’, he too was booed and couldn't even pronounce TOIFA. No wonder these clowns can't run government.

TOE-FEE :bigblush:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMoigutGv9Y

I'm not completely sure but I heard from somewhere that it was broadcast in India. Can't remember though
Go Canucks Go

#49 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,583 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

I'm not completely sure but I heard from somewhere that it was broadcast in India. Can't remember though

It wasn't broadcast anywhere. And Christy even knew that BEFORE her tweet.

A tweet by the Premier about the Times Of India Film Awards show has led to some confusion. The morning after the show, Christy Clark tweeted '400 million people were watching TOIFA last night'. But eight hours before the event began, Clark acknowledged she knew the event would not be broadcast for at least another month.

Reporter: "It is going to be broadcast like a month after. Any concerns about that?

Christy Clark: "I don't, I don't"

The head of media for TOIFA, Laura Ballance, confirms the event will be aired by Sony at an unknown later date, "any of these awards shows, what they'll do is re-purpose it down into a TV package and then they'll advertise when that's going to be on and promote it the weeks to come. I don't have an exact date but I imagine we'll get one very, very soon."
She adds Sony's global entertainment reach is 400 million people. CKNW reached out to the Premier's office today about her tweet, we have not heard back.
http://www.cknw.com/...aspx?ID=1930599

HpkJUPw.jpg

#50 canucks3322

canucks3322

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

This show was so pointless costing taxpayers about $11.5 million dollars when they could use it for better things

#51 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

This show was so pointless costing taxpayers about $11.5 million dollars when they could use it for better things

Pretty much, however just like the Olympics most people took advantage and enjoyed these festivities. *Once in a lifetime for the majority of Vancouverites

Also, regarding the Christy Clark comment, she spoke aka tweeted too soon just to prove her point (that the TOIFA event will benefit us). She should have just generalized and stated that a significant amount of people (several hundred million) will tune in to watch the event when it will be televised. *she took a lot of heat for stating that a set number have watched the event when it hasn't even been edited let alone televised

Anyways, it's not like she's going to be back. Even her all so important Indian voters won't all be voting for her (signicant amount of boos for her and the Liberal Party is in shambles; on another note folks loved De Jongs act, the TOE-FEE incident wasn't a big deal...). At the end of the day, we're going to be stuck with Adrian Dix, another leader who will have his fair share of questionable decisions.

#52 canucks3322

canucks3322

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

Pretty much, however just like the Olympics most people took advantage and enjoyed these festivities. *Once in a lifetime for the majority of Vancouverites

Also, regarding the Christy Clark comment, she spoke aka tweeted too soon just to prove her point (that the TOIFA event will benefit us). She should have just generalized and stated that a significant amount of people (several hundred million) will tune in to watch the event when it will be televised. *she took a lot of heat for stating that a set number have watched the event when it hasn't even been edited let alone televised

Anyways, it's not like she's going to be back. Even her all so important Indian voters won't all be voting for her (signicant amount of boos for her and the Liberal Party is in shambles; on another note folks loved De Jongs act, the TOE-FEE incident wasn't a big deal...). At the end of the day, we're going to be stuck with Adrian Dix, another leader who will have his fair share of questionable decisions.

The Olympics were special, these awards have been happening all the time they didn't really unite all of us like the games did

#53 AllEyezOnMe

AllEyezOnMe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:44 AM

Me and my friends rented out a room at the pan pacific hotel just to meet some of the actors and didn't think the show was going to be that great but we were proved wrong lol it was a once in a life time experience for those die hard fans so well worth my $200.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.