The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian sent down to the wolves

Gally

No idea why he wouldnt be welcome here .... even reconditioning doesnt cut it. He is more NHL ready then the the other 4th line plugs, and I would truly make room for him and let him grow on this team...the twins are being checked into the ground again and Burrows cant do more then b$tch slap. Truly team needs a physical strength going to the net that has some skill.

The biggest problem with this team is the HUGE egos coaching it....

No idea why he wouldnt be welcome here .... even reconditioning doesnt cut it. He is more NHL ready then the the other 4th line plugs, and I would truly make room for him and let him grow on this team...the twins are being checked into the ground again and Burrows cant do more then b$tch slap. Truly team needs a physical strength going to the net that has some skill.

The biggest problem with this team is the HUGE egos coaching it....

It's not just that. If they want him to play a 3rd or 4th line physical role, they need him to be in 100% form so that he doesn't re-injure his back. I've had a major back injury, it takes a long time for you to feel 100% even after you're healthy. Sending him to the farm where he can get easy 1st or 2nd line minutes against AHL level players is the best choice until they're sure that he wont re-injure it again.

Setbacks with back injuries are incredibly common. This is smart asset management by the team even if it means not having Kassian while we have other injuries.

A little knowledge goes a long way.

Kassian isn't waiver eligible. They don't need to qualify sending him down like a veteran. Without specifying "conditioning stint", which is short term, Salo would have needed to clear waivers.

So you are saying when Salo came back from his from his torn achilles a few years ago he went through wavers? I must have been really drunk that week, or maybe you can send players on one way contracts for the purpose of conditioning after being on LTI?

Archived