The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian sent down to the wolves

Gally

But I agree Kassian is better off in the AHL being coached by Arniel than being coached by AV -- just as other good young offensive talents like Grabner and Hodgson did not do well with AV.

With luck Kassian can get back to where he was after playing with the Wolves during the lockout.

He wasn't scoring before he moved down a line. He also started having problems on the forecheck. Which is why Burrows was moved up. If you're neither scoring or retrieving pucks for the Sedins you're not helping. Prospects won't get the same slack proven (key word there) veterans will get. They get what they earn. Kassian worked his way down to the fourth line. It's up to him to work his way back up. He doesn't have to score from the fourth line to do that. All he has to do is play well enough he's a better option than somebody else on a higher line. Ice time is the reward for solid play.

Not a Cody lover but look at the facts. Hodgson is a first line NHL centre with more goals than any player on the Canucks and Kassian is in the AHL.

But I agree Kassian is better off in the AHL being coached by Arniel than being coached by AV -- just as other good young offensive talents like Grabner and Hodgson did not do well with AV.

With luck Kassian can get back to where he was after playing with the Wolves during the lockout.

If we're going to have to win so many 1 goal games everyone needs to play good D. Kassian is terrible in his own zone and doesn't provide any offense to offset his defensive deficiencies. At least Sestito throws big hits. Kassian hasn't done that since the start of the season. Though every time I see either of these clowns on the ice, it makes me miss Torres more and more.

The problem with a facet joint injury is activity doesn't help , it needs rest and then rehab . Core strength and training , and he isn't going to get that playing in any league , I could be wrong and hope I am because Andrew Ebbett is not our solution . Maybe Gillis has some trade in place to infuse some life into the team . If not this season is over completely , even if they were to make the playoffs they won't make it past the first round anyway .

The problem with a facet joint injury is activity doesn't help , it needs rest and then rehab . Core strength and training , and he isn't going to get that playing in any league , I could be wrong and hope I am because Andrew Ebbett is not our solution . Maybe Gillis has some trade in place to infuse some life into the team . If not this season is over completely , even if they were to make the playoffs they won't make it past the first round anyway .

0 goals in 19 games means a promotion to the 1st line? What prevented him from being "a physical force to reckon with" on the 3rd or 4th line? It doesn't stop Sestito, it didn't stop Torres or Volpatti. The only person to blame for his lack of success is Kassian himself.

I know he didn't deserve to be there but AV has always tried some weird crap up there on the first line like last year he put bitz up there (what did he do previously?) and he did alright. He even tried pinizzotto up there for a few shifts if I remember correctly so while Kassian didn't deserve it, it would have still been worth a try since it worked earlier this year when sedins were having a slow start as usual but kassian still put up a few goals.

True, but we need goals and he's shown 0 offence while playing terrible D and stopped hitting.

It's like everyone expects him to be a powerforward selke hart winner or something when its usually hard to just be one of those and even the sedins are just one. Everyone wants him to be Lucic but Lucic plays 0 D.

He wasn't good enough to crack Buffalo's lineup and the minute he got here some people expected him to be an impact player, not fair to him. Those people are clowns. Kassian (right now) is a fringe NHLer and blaming the coach for his lack of skills or determination makes no sense.

Conditioning assignment? Demotion? Both? How much of Kassian's struggles can be attributed to this back injury, I wonder? That's a nagging, bothersome and limiting injury, after how well he started the season, I mean he was everywhere on the ice, a real force, and then kind of just dropped off the face of the earth. He needs to get himself in shape for the playoffs.

Officially it is in the books as a conditioning assignment, I think we'll be seeing Kass back up before too long.

Archived