The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian sent down to the wolves

Gally

Nope; veterans coming off LTI can be sent down for a conditioning stint, two week stint I believe? But normally they have to clear waivers to be sent down. As Salo was declared for a conditioning stint he did not have to clear.

Younger players need a certain number of NHL games while on their ELC to be declared a veteran. Kassian has not hit the threshold. Before that threshold is realized, they also do not have to clear waivers to be sent down. So we had no risk in sending him to the Wolves.

Aside from demoralizing him that is...

So you are saying when Salo came back from his from his torn achilles a few years ago he went through wavers? I must have been really drunk that week, or maybe you can send players on one way contracts for the purpose of conditioning after being on LTI?

Lets hope so!

A back problem certainly has the potential to rob vigour from your play. Argggh, too eerily like Hodgson.

Conditioning assignment? Demotion? Both? How much of Kassian's struggles can be attributed to this back injury, I wonder? That's a nagging, bothersome and limiting injury, after how well he started the season, I mean he was everywhere on the ice, a real force, and then kind of just dropped off the face of the earth. He needs to get himself in shape for the playoffs.

Officially it is in the books as a conditioning assignment, I think we'll be seeing Kass back up before too long.

Conditioning assignment? Demotion? Both? How much of Kassian's struggles can be attributed to this back injury, I wonder? That's a nagging, bothersome and limiting injury, after how well he started the season, I mean he was everywhere on the ice, a real force, and then kind of just dropped off the face of the earth. He needs to get himself in shape for the playoffs.

Officially it is in the books as a conditioning assignment, I think we'll be seeing Kass back up before too long.

Too funny. Lets address this garbage first. Kassian, who I firmly believe will be just as good if not better player than Cody in time, is a year behind Cody in development. Hmm....what were Cody's numbers last year again?

83 GP - 19 G - 22 A - 41 P

Zack this year is: 27 GP - 5 G - 3 A - 8 P

So multiply that by approx. 3 and you have your comparatives. Roughly....besides the assists they're not that far off.

I really hope this isn't yet another AV tantrum about a difference of opinion on a players ability to play through injury.

If I recall, before the Edmonton game on March 30th, he was in the pre-game skate. And in the pre-game interview with AV he said he expects he'd be playing that day.

Game starts......no Kassian. He was cleared to play by team doctors so it was a players decision. He didn't feel quite ready.

In an interview a day or so earlier Zack said just that, that he wasn't going to return until he felt he was recovered in order that he wouldn't just be out again.

But we all know AV's disdain for players, especially rookies, opinions on their own recoveries. So this very well could be another p_ match between coach and rookie. AV was angry that Kassian took himself out of that game at the last minute, especially after we lost so dismally.

So he was punished. Kassian has to learn that Dr. Vigneault knows better. Just like he has in the past with Hodgson, Mitchell, and Kesler.

Because I can't see any other reason. He's a better player than 3 or 4 already here. He's a big body. And it seems like he should be working out and developing here where he can be under the eyes of the Canuck coaches. I would just assume AV is planning on using him in the playoffs, so the more games in the final stretch the better you'd think. But I've given up on assuming anything when it comes to AV.

Archived