The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian sent down to the wolves

Gally

Well glad to see they are bringing in some new blood. Now if they would just call someone up to replace Ebbett.

I would like to see K Connauton get a shot and can't understand why he hasn't yet especially after painfully watching pylons like Alberts and Barker looking horrible and clearly in over their heads.

For all we know this guy could give our struggling power play a bit of a boost which they clearly need.

Connauton brings it all to the table i would love to see this guy bring it.

the sedins sucked when kassian was on their line ... their O zone play time was way down kassian didnt help out in the cycle at all or help out in setting up the sedins like burrows does .. i guess people dont remember when kassian knocked in his 5 tap in goals that people were wondering what was wrong with the sedins and why they were not getting many chances... it was becasue kassian would just glide to the front of the net and sit there waiting for a tap in and not leave the front of the net until the puck cleared the zone... if kassian is such a beast and so skilled he shouldve had no problem putting the puck in the net playing with higgins and booth but he couldnt .. its funny sedins kesler burrows hansen..all had to take their lumps playing 3rd line 4th line minutes and killing penalties and worked their way into top roles... if kassian cant do that then why should we just hand him first line minutes? everyone looks good with the sedins only good players look good without them ....and kassian looks like hes not even NHL ready when hes not playing with the sedins... ...hodgson had no problem hittin the stats sheet playing 3rd line minutes with hansen and higgins... so whats kassians problem? maybe he will figure it out back in the AHL

Best post on the thread.

Some fans seem to have short term memories. Remember Hansen's early career? Started slow, improved a bit, fought for the puck, skated hard. Then he started to coast. Middling points dried up completely. Got sent down for about 6 games. Came back up and played hard -- and consistently -- ever since. Developed his offense bit by bit over that time.

See the parallels with Kassian?

It's up to Kassian if he wants it or not. Hansen's demotion sure shook him up and told him what it took to make it at the NHL level.

Well glad to see they are bringing in some new blood. Now if they would just call someone up to replace Ebbett.

I would like to see K Connauton get a shot and can't understand why he hasn't yet especially after painfully watching pylons like Alberts and Barker looking horrible and clearly in over their heads.

For all we know this guy could give our struggling power play a bit of a boost which they clearly need.

Connauton brings it all to the table i would love to see this guy bring it.

Ya he can smash and bash and crash people but he"s not scoring.....Vigneault wants scoring and mashing all in one. Kas needs more ice time and conditioning and maybe find his "hands" ...not fighting but actually scoring. Look at Shchroeder when he was sent down. It did wonders for him. ;)

"this year they have struggled to score with an AHL lineup most of the year.''

- I'm not aware we've had more injuries than the average team... certainly nothing as bad as Ottawa. Apart from Kesler, the top six forwards have been in the lineup all year.

- a main reason the scoring has dried up is only one good play making center. (Loss of Salo and his passing ability also hurts.)

- see this basically as conditioning... though I don't think Kassian is NHL ready at this point.

Hodgeson fanboy,,your colours are showing bro..every post you make is a Kassian put down..give the kid a break..he has been playing with plugs most of the year..I will agree that he should have a few more points and does look lost at times,,but that comes with play..not 6 minutes a night on the 3rd or 4th line.

Anyway, people have their own opinions,,,Kassian will be back whether you like it or not and will prove most of his detracters wrong Im betting.

Schroeder had a stint in the minors, it's Kassian's turn. I was saying a while back, both need to be sent back down for a while.. Their production ceased and they were playing with no drive or like they were exhausted. Looking forward to seeing Jensen for a couple games! ::D

Archived