253 replies to this topic

#121 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

Schroeder is doing well since he was brought back up not because of a stint back with the Wolves, but because he has been put on the line where he does his best, not stuck on the 4th where he's sure to fail.

Schroeder is a player that will not fit on the 4th and not sure why AV did that but zack is fine on the 4th, big body not a lot between the ears.

#122 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

Yes, because it's in a coaches best interest to ensure players fail. That's how coaches get contract extensions and raises.

:picard:

Sarcasm translation lost
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#123 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,914 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

You think if Cody missed a handful of games in Buffalo with back spasms they would send him down for conditioning?

Isn't it nice to have more options than Buffalo?
Posted Image

#124 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,645 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

Does this mean we're making room for Ryan Clowe?

:bigblush:

#125 KeslerBEAST

KeslerBEAST

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

well at least if we got jensen and schroeder then AV won't put them on the same line so they can't BOTH be on the 4th line :lol:

#126 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

It's likely a conditioning stint.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#127 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,914 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

Kassian:
Last 19 games:
0 goals
2 assists
-8 (horrendous defense)

He's been one of our worst players in the line-up, deserves to get sent down.

You're just going to confuse them using numbers.
Posted Image

#128 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

"@BradZiemer: The #Canucks have sent Zack Kassian to Chicago Wolves. "He needs to play," Vigneault says."

Then maybe AV should play him and stop destroying our young talented players' confidence levels. First Kassian gets taken off the first line after scoring 5 goals in 7 games, hitting, fighting, providing a net presence on the pp, doing everything asked of him, so as a reward is buried on the 4th line.

Gotta love the idiot AV. Does the same thing with Schroeds.

How about MG, you leave Kassian up don't bring up sweat and play Jensen, Kassian and Schroeder up here so they can actually develop, tell your idiot coach to give them some ice thats representative of their ability and skills and see what happens.

Its getting stupid. So what now bring up Jensen, play him on the top 2 lines for 4 games then move him to the 4th?

Guaranteed.

#129 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

Kassian:
Last 19 games:
0 goals
2 assists
-8 (horrendous defense)

He's been one of our worst players in the line-up, deserves to get sent down.

ya and maybe av f'd with his head enough that he's playing so tight and nervous he doesn't knw what to do.

av is garbage

#130 wizeman

wizeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

I do have to admit that AV is extremely difficult on our draft picks. :sadno:

Hopefully this is a conditioning stint and Jensen can get some games in.

#131 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

Honestly this was a bit overdue. He hasn't had a point in how long now...send him down, let him get in shape after sitting out, regain some confidence, and bring him up. It seemed to work for Schroeder. He wasn't TERRIBLE but he could use a confidence boost.

best confidence boost. fire av and put the kid in a position to succeed and a position the builds confidence, his skill set and develops him into the role we NEED of him. that is put him with the sedins where he knows his role.

AV has f;d with enough of our young players now...garbage.

#132 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,914 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

Sarcasm translation lost

Read your own post again....

Ya but AV took him off the top line

Fire AV

AV is setting him up to fail

Now go ahead and tell what there is in there to indicate it's sarcasm. What's going on inside your head does not show up on a message board, only what you actually write. Which means if you are being sarcastic you need to include something that actually indicates you are being sarcastic as opposed to looking like one of the multitude of idiots posting those very same sentiments.

/sarcasm lesson
Posted Image

#133 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

I agree, could be good for Kassian, may also be good to inject some youthful enthusiasm with Jensen, see what the kid has. Could also just as easily backfire, depends on how AV uses the kid/kids.I guess we will see.

do you really not know the answer to that already?

1. Starts him on 1/2 for 3 games, shows promise
2. Demotes him to the 3rd for 1 game
3. then will be on the fourth, even though he is a scorer, with lappierre and weisse/pinz and critisized for not scoring and contributing
4. Confidence will get damaged
5. Then sent back down and AV will say he needs to play more and get his confidence back

thats usually the AV cycle with our young players no? I can give you a list that have gone throught that.

FIRE AV

#134 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,914 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

ya and maybe av f'd with his head enough that he's playing so tight and nervous he doesn't knw what to do.

av is garbage

ya and maybe that's just those crazy voices in your head making crap up.
Posted Image

#135 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

I dont get this. Kassian was on fire when he played with the Sedins, getting a goal or a point almost every game for a while there, and then AV rewards him for this by demoting him to the 4th or 3rd lines, and he goes back to being unproductive. Meanwhile, The Sedins and Burrows have been struggling for a while now, but would it be conceivable to give Kassian another shot on the 1st? Hell no. The only options are to either keep him as a plug in the bottom six or send him back to Chicago. Its retarded beyond belief.

Edited by Heli_Kopitar, 31 March 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#136 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

Then maybe AV should play him and stop destroying our young talented players' confidence levels. First Kassian gets taken off the first line after scoring 5 goals in 7 games, hitting, fighting, providing a net presence on the pp, doing everything asked of him, so as a reward is buried on the 4th line.

Gotta love the idiot AV. Does the same thing with Schroeds.

How about MG, you leave Kassian up don't bring up sweat and play Jensen, Kassian and Schroeder up here so they can actually develop, tell your idiot coach to give them some ice thats representative of their ability and skills and see what happens.

Its getting stupid. So what now bring up Jensen, play him on the top 2 lines for 4 games then move him to the 4th?

Guaranteed.

You make zero sense.

"He needs to play,"."We want him to get a little bit more ice time. He has been out for a little bit more than two weeks, on and off, and we felt for now he needed to play and we are going to send him down there." -AV

Finally, Gilman has some guys prepared to help. Glad Arnie has helped them get ready. Stoked to see what Jensen can do. Maybe he can stick with the team even when Kassian is brought back up from conditioning.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#137 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,704 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

Fire AV
Fire Gillis
Move the team to Hamilton

#138 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

ya and maybe that's just those crazy voices in your head making crap up.

actually no...

explain this

the kid scores 5 goals in 7 games
he was a beast on the pp
he was fighting
he was the only player showing any emotion, pretty much carried the team
then gets demoted to the 3rd and 4th line

you tell me mr know it all, what is he supposed to think? he does everything asked of him, in the pressure cooker city we're in and yet gets demoted

hmm

#139 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

You make zero sense.

"He needs to play,"."We want him to get a little bit more ice time. He has been out for a little bit more than two weeks, on and off, and we felt for now he needed to play and we are going to send him down there." -AV

Finally, Gilman has some guys prepared to help. Glad Arnie has helped them get ready. Stoked to see what Jensen can do. Maybe he can stick with the team even when Kassian is brought back up from conditioning.

i make zero sense? av should have been playing him in vancouver!!

HOW MUCH HAND HOLDING DO THE BRAINS ON CDC NEED! WOW

JUST WOW!!!!!!!

W0W0WOWOWOWWOWOW!!!!

#140 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

I dont get this. Kassian was on fire when he played with the Sedins, getting a goal or a point almost every game for a while there, and then AV rewards him for this by demoting him to the 4th or 3rd lines, and he goes back to being unproductive. Meanwhile, The Sedins and Burrows have been struggling for a while now, but would it be conceivable to give Kassian another shot on the 1st? Hell no. The only options are to either keep him as a plug in the bottom six or send him back to Chicago. Its retarded beyond belief.

YUP....

that's AV's logic and development plan

#141 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:09 PM

Worked for Schroeder.

Why not.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#142 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

JUST WOW!!!!!!!

W0W0WOWOWOWWOWOW!!!!

Errrr...hasnt played for 2 weeks. Needs conditioning.

Pretty simple.

The last time Kass cleared himself ready to play, he hurt himself again.

Pretty simple reason.

Besides, that is a move between management and both coaches.

The more you know....

Edited by BedBeats™2.0, 31 March 2013 - 03:52 PM.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#143 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,404 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

As my dear departed Grannie used to say ".. the man has worn out his welcome.." .. time for AV to go .. Brent Sutter and Jim Playfair in .. one year for Gillis to get them what they need or he is gone too .. let's catch up here, folks .. Happy Easter ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#144 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,914 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

I pay attention,,,and the reasons I see are pretty weak...so enlighten me and say how Kassian wasnt scoring once removed from the 1st line...but I guess Bill Sweat is the answer seeing as the Canucks are in a playoff race and dont have the luxury of waiting for players to play into shape..the party line is getting pretty thin to believe anymore...but you pay attention so I guess you know all that.

He wasn't scoring before he moved down a line. He also started having problems on the forecheck. Which is why Burrows was moved up. If you're neither scoring or retrieving pucks for the Sedins you're not helping. Prospects won't get the same slack proven (key word there) veterans will get. They get what they earn. Kassian worked his way down to the fourth line. It's up to him to work his way back up. He doesn't have to score from the fourth line to do that. All he has to do is play well enough he's a better option than somebody else on a higher line. Ice time is the reward for solid play.
Posted Image

#145 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,914 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

i make zero sense

You should have just left it at that part. :lol:
Posted Image

#146 ilduce39

ilduce39

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

I'm surprised that people continue to consider AV a detriment to our "young talent" ... first of all, by and large, this phrase is an oxy-moron in our organization. It's not like AV is getting first-overall picks and ruining them. In fact, he seems to get pretty good mileage from what we have (Tanev, Schroeder, Schneider, Hodgson previously guys like Burr, Kess, Hansen). I'm not sure what legitimate "young talent" AV has been squandering in his time.

Consider the fact that by limiting, benching and demoting some of our "young talent" AV is actually protecting them. History has shown, in multiple sports, that simply throwing a rookie into the fire to sink or swim is not necessarily the best way to develop them. Yes, they get experience but they also are allowed to develop bad habits and tendencies while facing potentially unrealistic (again, unrealistic) expectations from the fanbase.

Edited by ilduce39, 31 March 2013 - 03:29 PM.

T-Bone said:
remind them all of Tbone, remeber me for how I lived, not how I was banned
*sig too big

#147 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

the sedins sucked when kassian was on their line ... their O zone play time was way down kassian didnt help out in the cycle at all or help out in setting up the sedins like burrows does .. i guess people dont remember when kassian knocked in his 5 tap in goals that people were wondering what was wrong with the sedins and why they were not getting many chances... it was becasue kassian would just glide to the front of the net and sit there waiting for a tap in and not leave the front of the net until the puck cleared the zone... if kassian is such a beast and so skilled he shouldve had no problem putting the puck in the net playing with higgins and booth but he couldnt .. its funny sedins kesler burrows hansen..all had to take their lumps playing 3rd line 4th line minutes and killing penalties and worked their way into top roles... if kassian cant do that then why should we just hand him first line minutes? everyone looks good with the sedins only good players look good without them ....and kassian looks like hes not even NHL ready when hes not playing with the sedins... ...hodgson had no problem hittin the stats sheet playing 3rd line minutes with hansen and higgins... so whats kassians problem? maybe he will figure it out back in the AHL

#148 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,387 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

JUST WOW!!!!!!!

W0W0WOWOWOWWOWOW!!!!

The hell are you going on about?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#149 CanadianRugby

CanadianRugby

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

You think if Cody missed a handful of games in Buffalo with back spasms they would send him down for conditioning?

No. Why would they send him to the minors? Just because they were traded for each other doesn't mean their talent is in the same league. Cody is a top line NHL forward and Kassian is an AHL forward that played his way out of our lineup.

#150 Barry_Wilkins

Barry_Wilkins

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

I'm surprised that people continue to consider AV a detriment to our "young talent" ... first of all, by and large, this phrase is an oxy-moron in our organization. It's not like AV is getting first-overall picks and ruining them. In fact, he seems to get pretty good mileage from what we have (Tanev, Schroeder, Schneider, Hodgson previously guys like Burr, Kess, Hansen). I'm not sure what legitimate "young talent" AV has been squandering in his time.

Consider the fact that by limiting, benching and demoting some of our "young talent" AV is actually protecting them. History has shown, in multiple sports, that simply throwing a rookie into the fire to sink or swim is not necessarily the best way to develop them. Yes, they get experience but they also are allowed to develop bad habits and tendencies while facing potentially unrealistic (again, unrealistic) expectations from the fanbase.

Best post on the thread.

Some fans seem to have short term memories. Remember Hansen's early career? Started slow, improved a bit, fought for the puck, skated hard. Then he started to coast. Middling points dried up completely. Got sent down for about 6 games. Came back up and played hard -- and consistently -- ever since. Developed his offense bit by bit over that time.

See the parallels with Kassian?

It's up to Kassian if he wants it or not. Hansen's demotion sure shook him up and told him what it took to make it at the NHL level.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.