253 replies to this topic

#181 bahaazar

bahaazar

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

No idea why he wouldnt be welcome here .... even reconditioning doesnt cut it. He is more NHL ready then the the other 4th line plugs, and I would truly make room for him and let him grow on this team...the twins are being checked into the ground again and Burrows cant do more then b$tch slap. Truly team needs a physical strength going to the net that has some skill.

The biggest problem with this team is the HUGE egos coaching it....

#182 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

The two guys who got called up are as BIG as Kassian if they combine their height and weight....lol
The richer get richer, while the soft and softer.

#183 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,202 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

The two guys who got called up are as BIG as Kassian if they combine their height and weight....lol

Jensen is like 1 inch and 10-12 pounds lighter than what Kassian is listed as. Billy Sweatt is 6'0" also, not exactly a dwarf. Tell me why you fail to "Understand" that a team full of 6'5" knuckle draggers isn't going to win games? Sure Kassian has skill, but I'd rather see him catch his legs in the AHL rather than re-injure his back in his first shift in the bottom six again.

Explain your reasoning, instead of spewing this rancid garbage about how small and soft our team is.

FWYIerW.png

#184 Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

Rehab stint, need him healthy and aggressive
I Love Lamp...

#185 Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

Wow, how wrong are you? You should research before yapping...
I Love Lamp...

#186 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,202 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

Wow, how wrong are you? You should research before yapping...

Understand his this idea in his head that any player not over 6'3" is a useless/soft player that we need to get rid of.

FWYIerW.png

#187 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

Understand his this idea in his head that any player not over 6'3" is a useless/soft player that we need to get rid of.

I think he cheering for the wrong team.....if he likes big go to the Flyers, Boston, or Duck e......Canucks will stick to skill with some size......

Edited by canuck_trevor16, 31 March 2013 - 06:49 PM.

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#188 Salmon Arm Canuck

Salmon Arm Canuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

Is that how AV told MG the trade was wrong ?!

No player gets sent down to the farm without the blessing of GM MG. He needs meaningful minutes. If it's in the AHL, so be it.

#189 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

Errrr...hasnt played for 2 weeks. Needs conditioning.

Pretty simple.

The last time Kass cleared himself ready to play, he hurt himself again.

Pretty simple reason.

Besides, that is a move between management and both coaches.

The more you know....

lol ya...needs conditioning from not playing in two weeks...please

#190 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

No idea why he wouldnt be welcome here .... even reconditioning doesnt cut it. He is more NHL ready then the the other 4th line plugs, and I would truly make room for him and let him grow on this team...the twins are being checked into the ground again and Burrows cant do more then b$tch slap. Truly team needs a physical strength going to the net that has some skill.

The biggest problem with this team is the HUGE egos coaching it....

yup

#191 Salmon Arm Canuck

Salmon Arm Canuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

Corey Perry 28pts
Rick Nash 28pts
Cody Hodgson 28pts
Zack Kassian AHL

Let's see what points Cody has in the playoffs before we start making comparison...oh, that's right, he didn't want to play here. Oh and that's right, there's a fire sale going on in Buffalo because the next time buffalo and Cody make the playoffs will probably be the time when we see Hank and Dan's numbers retired to the rafters beside the Stanley Cup banner(s) at Roger's Arena.

#192 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand....

AV and MG continue to make more of a mess in the circus.

Naslund
Kesler
Ballard
Cody
Lou
Schroeder
Kassian

Who else is on AV and MG's hit list to mess with mentally? Maybe there's a reason we're not getting any UFA's anymore...players talk...

#193 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand....

AV and MG continue to make more of a mess in the circus.

Naslund
Kesler
Ballard
Cody
Lou
Schroeder
Kassian

Who else is on AV and MG's hit list to mess with mentally? Maybe there's a reason we're not getting any UFA's anymore...players talk...

I'm sorry what?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#194 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,202 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

lol ya...needs conditioning from not playing in two weeks...please

It's not just that. If they want him to play a 3rd or 4th line physical role, they need him to be in 100% form so that he doesn't re-injure his back. I've had a major back injury, it takes a long time for you to feel 100% even after you're healthy. Sending him to the farm where he can get easy 1st or 2nd line minutes against AHL level players is the best choice until they're sure that he wont re-injure it again.

Setbacks with back injuries are incredibly common. This is smart asset management by the team even if it means not having Kassian while we have other injuries.

FWYIerW.png

#195 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

It's not just that. If they want him to play a 3rd or 4th line physical role, they need him to be in 100% form so that he doesn't re-injure his back. I've had a major back injury, it takes a long time for you to feel 100% even after you're healthy. Sending him to the farm where he can get easy 1st or 2nd line minutes against AHL level players is the best choice until they're sure that he wont re-injure it again.

Setbacks with back injuries are incredibly common. This is smart asset management by the team even if it means not having Kassian while we have other injuries.

lol so AHL PLAYERS DON'T PLAY HARD HEY?

ahahhahah....dude

JENSEN WAS CALLED UP TO BE PART OF A DEAL.

Wait and see

MG is making a mess...and Jensen will be another part of it....

#196 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

lol so AHL PLAYERS DON'T PLAY HARD HEY?

ahahhahah....dude

JENSEN WAS CALLED UP TO BE PART OF A DEAL.

Wait and see

MG is making a mess...and Jensen will be another part of it....

Does Jensen have to called up to be traded? I don't really think that's the case.
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#197 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,202 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

Does Jensen have to called up to be traded? I don't really think that's the case.

Don't try and find logic in BuretoMogilny's posts, you'll break your brain.

FWYIerW.png

#198 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

A little knowledge goes a long way.

Kassian isn't waiver eligible. They don't need to qualify sending him down like a veteran. Without specifying "conditioning stint", which is short term, Salo would have needed to clear waivers.

So you are saying when Salo came back from his from his torn achilles a few years ago he went through wavers? I must have been really drunk that week, or maybe you can send players on one way contracts for the purpose of conditioning after being on LTI?
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#199 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

Everyone loves Jensen until he comes up, plays fourth line minutes, and makes no impact to the team what so ever! Quote me on it.

I haven't made a comment praising or thinking a player will be the next.....insert name here..... But his guy is going to be special, you can count on it... Just imagine... Hansen, with really good hands..

#200 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

So you are saying when Salo came back from his from his torn achilles a few years ago he went through wavers? I must have been really drunk that week, or maybe you can send players on one way contracts for the purpose of conditioning after being on LTI?

You should give that post another read

#201 JamesB

JamesB

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:34 AM

yikes ... here come the cody lovers ..... ughhh ......

Not a Cody lover but look at the facts. Hodgson is a first line NHL centre with more goals than any player on the Canucks and Kassian is in the AHL.

But I agree Kassian is better off in the AHL being coached by Arniel than being coached by AV -- just as other good young offensive talents like Grabner and Hodgson did not do well with AV.

With luck Kassian can get back to where he was after playing with the Wolves during the lockout.

#202 ilduce39

ilduce39

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:57 AM

But I agree Kassian is better off in the AHL being coached by Arniel than being coached by AV -- just as other good young offensive talents like Grabner and Hodgson did not do well with AV.

With luck Kassian can get back to where he was after playing with the Wolves during the lockout.

In 2009-10, Grabner was 5-6-11 in 20 games under AV.

In 2011-2012, Hodgson was 16-17-33 in 63 games under AV.

Those are fairly good numbers as a prelude to their "breakout" seasons. Can we stop the myth that AV can't develop talent now?
T-Bone said:
remind them all of Tbone, remeber me for how I lived, not how I was banned
*sig too big

#203 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:56 AM

It is a demotion. Kassian needs to get his game back and start playing like a scorer again. He'll be a go-to guy in the AHL. If he plays like it he'll be quickly recalled.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#204 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

How many time do people have to say reconditioning stint?

#205 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,164 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

How many time do people have to say reconditioning stint?

One more:

News1130Sports
#Wolves gm Wendell Young says Zack Kassian will be in Chicago for the week and that's it - ice time and conditioning.

Just in case people didn't see it:

ice time and conditioning

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#206 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,549 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

He wasn't scoring before he moved down a line. He also started having problems on the forecheck. Which is why Burrows was moved up. If you're neither scoring or retrieving pucks for the Sedins you're not helping. Prospects won't get the same slack proven (key word there) veterans will get. They get what they earn. Kassian worked his way down to the fourth line. It's up to him to work his way back up. He doesn't have to score from the fourth line to do that. All he has to do is play well enough he's a better option than somebody else on a higher line. Ice time is the reward for solid play.

^^^^^

The part of his game that needs help is playing hard for a full shift every shift. The 4th line with less mins is where you learn that, when he has shown he can handle 4th line mins he will get more.

#207 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

Not a Cody lover but look at the facts. Hodgson is a first line NHL centre with more goals than any player on the Canucks and Kassian is in the AHL.

Kassian is also a year behind in development.
Also power forwards take time.
We need to really give this a few more years before we start judging this trade.

Edited by Tystick, 01 April 2013 - 10:49 AM.

Posted Image

#208 CanadianRugby

CanadianRugby

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

If we're going to have to win so many 1 goal games everyone needs to play good D. Kassian is terrible in his own zone and doesn't provide any offense to offset his defensive deficiencies. At least Sestito throws big hits. Kassian hasn't done that since the start of the season. Though every time I see either of these clowns on the ice, it makes me miss Torres more and more.

#209 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

Some of you people are so far beyond stupid it's laughable

#210 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

@FarhanLaljiTSN: AV re Kassian. "He could have played on Sat but I decided not to play him... His play prior to that (inj) had been fair at best" #canucks

Just wow.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.