The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks Recall Jensen & Sweatt, Re-assign Kassian & Gordon

Jagr68

It's because the Sedins did all the work.

At one point he had 5 goals 0 assists

Kassian will be an effective player when he uses his size to battle the boards and hurt defenseman

Burrows who is the size of his thigh

Plays bigger in front of the net and along the boards.

Even Chris Stewart had these issues.

it's nothing to be alarmed about its just a fact.

I actually feel bad for the guy, I would hate to be on his side of that trade

Now I understand your bias to hating on Kassian, get over the trade and recognize what we got, Kassian types are very very hard to get, he's very young still and just learning the game. It's funny as when we did that trade Oiler fans were jealous and scared about what Kassian would do to their stars if we meet in a playoff round sometime down the road, people saw what Lucic did and Kassian has that in him. Personally I like the trade but not the timing, it should've happened in the offseason, at the time we had Sedin Kesler and Schroeder coming up so Hodgson was in a way expendable and to bring something this team lacks and needs and is almost impossible to get.

Incorrect. Your claim that his production in the first 6 games was wholly due to the Sedin's work is wrong.

Kassian was throwing checks, scoring goals, winning fights and providing energy. He took a couple overzealous rookie penalties and got demoted. He probably thought he was doing very well only to be told he wasn't playing well enough.

Confidence.

After he took penalties he was stapled to the bench. It's not all the coaches fault but to dissolve them of the way they handle their players is equally ridiculous as giving them all of the blame.

I dont understand why people are getting so upset. Kassian needs to play. He'll get alot of minutes in CHI. So AV is right about that.

AND maybe if Kassian was a primadonna about himself then maybe being sent between CHI and VAN would be bad. But he's not.

He'll work hard and hopefully do the same when he gets his next chance back in VAN. Just like Schroeder. It's all part of the learning process.

Nice to see, not expecting him to light the world on fire but hopefully AV doesn't bench him and keeps him in the top 6.

I wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot with Schroeder and Raymond (Then move Hansen up) or with the Twins.

And this is a conditioning stint for Kassian, he will play for a bit and then be up soon. Even with Jensen getting recalled Pinnizzotto is on our 3rd line, we could use him this is just best for him to get some games under his belt. Good move.

Zack is a good kid, he's smart and works hard. We know this from his offseason goals he achieved. We told him to lean up and get quicker and he did. I have no doubt in my mind he will embrace the minutes he's given on the wolves. He always does what's asked of him and is willing to fight anyone in the league for any one of our teammates. He's a very committed canuck and will come back with an edge. He won't be there long, but when he comes back I bet he'll have a monster game to try and prove he wants to be here. Schroeder had the best 4 or 5 games of his career when he came back and got 2nd line minutes..

Archived