The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Recall] Nicklas Jensen and Bill Sweatt

Where's Wellwood

Jensen set to play with the Sedins. I'll expect this for a couple of games, if it doesn't work he'll get ice time with Hansen, and if that doesn't work a few games on the 4th line before going straight back to the AHL.

Not sure if Jensen's game style fits the Sedins (definately not a big man's tough, gritty, front-of-the-net style) but would fit Hansen's game really well. I expect something like this for the SJS game:

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Burrows - Lapierre - Higgins

Sweatt - Ebbett - Sestito

If Jensen somehow has success on the top line, and we get Booth and Kesler back for Game 1 of the playoffs we'll have a deeper forward group than Pittsburgh:

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen

Burrows - Kesler - Booth

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Higgins - Lapierre - Kassian

I wonder if it's possible that a Clowe for a roster player is happening today, and since Kassian was still day-to-day they called up Jensen to play tonight's game since Clowe won't play against SJ tonight if he is traded to the Nucks...

Tennyson just got called up for this game as well, although he's a defenseman - but because Demers is scratched because "he's not feeling good today" with an undisclosed injury.

Demers is a right-handed defenseman....

Hmmm....

Clowe + Demers to Vancouver for ??

Maybe Clowe, Demers & Handzus??

Anyway this isn't based on much except for a feeling I have seeing who is playing combined with the Clowe rumours.

I doubt that AV puts Jensen on the 4th line. I know it's the popular hawhaw comment, but it's unlikely unless me makes a couple mistakes.

I think Burrows might be moved off the Sedin line early if they don't have anything going, but until then I'd do:

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Raymond Schroeder Hansen

Sweatt Higgins Jensen

Ebbett Lapierre Sestito

Against the Sharks we might want Pinnizotto in for Ebbett on the 4th.

If Burrows gets moved from the top line, then it looks like Hansen is the next up, so:

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Raymond Schroeder Jensen/Sweatt

Higgins Lapierre Burrows

Sestito Ebbett Jensen/Sweatt

I doubt that AV puts Jensen on the 4th line. I know it's the popular hawhaw comment, but it's unlikely unless me makes a couple mistakes.

I think Burrows might be moved off the Sedin line early if they don't have anything going, but until then I'd do:

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Raymond Schroeder Hansen

Sweatt Higgins Jensen

Ebbett Lapierre Sestito

Against the Sharks we might want Pinnizotto in for Ebbett on the 4th.

If Burrows gets moved from the top line, then it looks like Hansen is the next up, so:

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Raymond Schroeder Jensen/Sweatt

Higgins Lapierre Burrows

Sestito Ebbett Jensen/Sweatt

jensen woah this is a the kid who yes is like a naslund, yes skates real hard and fast and boom yes the shot wow wow the shot yes and the shutout move that the forsberg gone and done yes a real good little kid the canuck gone called up yes a good luck to the ones and a only jensen and a sweatt boy yes this man sure hope he does good yes he can yes he can sure imagine a matthiew read out a boy that is swell yes it is the canuck are desperate yes

again your assumption that he doesn't have to play physical in the ahl is absolute nonsense. yes your back injury may have hurt champ but this is pro sports, if he can't go he can't go anywhere. Its not 'easier' on his back to play in the AHL!

that is absurd! he crashes, bangs, is hit, fights there too son...think a bit

and kassian what happened to his primo ice time after 5 goals in 7 games!

and schroeder? he's a fourth liner?

those two are not defensive players yet were expected to play on defensive lines right? something not really congruent here, in how:

1. AV treats young players and expects them to start on the bottom lines and demotes them when they dont play d

2. How long players tend to have to prove themselves in the AHL before call ups

3. His performance in the minors and a call up

4. Treatment of Kassian, Schroeder, Coho in terms of expectations and amount of time in the minors, how hard they had to work and then the oppty given when the got called up vs. Jensen.

Instead of you MG lovers flaming me, read what I am saying, think about how INCONCISTENT this decision is with MG and AV's MO and then think some more.

Think about what consistency means to players in terms of how they are treated in an organization and what the effect on players is when there is inconsistency as there is here.

Then THINK ABOUT WHY HE MAY BE CALLED UP when its all VERY INCONSISTENT WITH HOW THEY RUN THE ORGANIZATION

HMMMM

LOL!!

HE'S BEING TRADED FOLKS

MG IS GOING TO TRADE HIM FOR A 3RD LINE CENTER SO THAT HE CAN SAVE HIS OWN JOB. IF THE NUCKS DONT MAKE IT OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND HE WILL BE GONE AND HE KNOWS IT

WE HAVE NO PIPELINE OF TALENT, WE DONT HAVE A TEAM THAT WIN A CUP AND NOW HE'S GOING TO TRADE ONE OF OUR ONLY HIGH VALUE ASSETS BECAUSE HE IS IN DENIAL AND THINKS THIS TEAM CAN WIN, OR AT LEAST WANTS TO ACT AS THOUGH HE DOES.

WELCOME TO TORONTO AND FERGUSON CIRCA 2004

Archived