The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Recall] Nicklas Jensen and Bill Sweatt

Where's Wellwood

The more I think about it, the more I think it's only going to be for one game.

After the deadline, teams can only call up four players (non emergency) until the playoffs while their AHL teams are still playing. It just doesn't make sense to me to leave 2 players who will play one game before the deadline up while Kassian stays down. It would make more sense to keep Kassian up.

On the other hand, I guess it's only 12 games. And there is no longer an AHL "clear day", meaning there's no limit to sending players back. And sadly there really aren't that many more possible players who can be called up.....

I'm confused.

jensen woah this is a the kid who yes is like a naslund, yes skates real hard and fast and boom yes the shot wow wow the shot yes and the shutout move that the forsberg gone and done yes a real good little kid the canuck gone called up yes a good luck to the ones and a only jensen and a sweatt boy yes this man sure hope he does good yes he can yes he can sure imagine a matthiew read out a boy that is swell yes it is the canuck are desperate yes

So, just to clarify then... The 10 game/5 game/whateveritis rule that applies to the ELC, that just effects the regular season, right? We can call him up in the playoffs for however many games we want without burning a year off the ELC?

Jensen is here only due to the number of injuries, not because of his stellar showing in the AHL. Sweatt the same. Sweatt would have been here over Gordon if not for his own injury.

Neither of these guys are the answer, nor will they bee here long. I still see GMMG dealing something before the deadline, major or minor, hopefully a centre. I can see him retooling in the summer, depending on the Loungo drama conclusion, bringing in more youth on the 2nd and 3rd lines for the future.

I still don't know much about Jensen other than what his numbers say. 23 points in 50 games for AIK, not too impressive. His OHL numbers however are pretty impressive though, as well as his WJC numbers. 4 goals in 6 games for the wolves even though he still needed to get reacclimatized and worked into the system. Pretty solid. All in all, I think he should be a solid call up, but I'm excited to see how he actually plays.

I still don't know much about Jensen other than what his numbers say. 23 points in 50 games for AIK, not too impressive. His OHL numbers however are pretty impressive though, as well as his WJC numbers. 4 goals in 6 games for the wolves even though he still needed to get reacclimatized and worked into the system. Pretty solid. All in all, I think he should be a solid call up, but I'm excited to see how he actually plays.

Archived