The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guys what are we gonna do :(

Drew1

In all seriousness , we could have easily had bozak before season started . henrik , ryan , and tyler

would be awesome 123, but now there is not a chance we get bozak, is i was gillis i would say toronto , all we want is bozak, forget damn pick or prospect .

if this lingers into summer , Aquillinies will be so sick of gillis's act so will everyone and a team like philly will just buy out bryz and go get smith or something . this mess should have been finished MONTHS AGO.

and watch gillis make 1 move if that on deadline day ,

Im at a loss for words right now , either gillis will be gone , unless he bucks up and makes some bold a** moves

ps , no need for dumb sarcastic messages

We aren't going to do anything, to be honest. I think everyone here loves the team too much to stop watching. That said, the games aren't taking priority in my life anymore, and I've already written this season off in my mind. Heads will roll in the off-season, the youth movement and re-tool/rebuild/whatever will begin. Honestly, I'm kind of looking forward to it. The window is shut on this group IMO.

Lets be honest, we came within one game of winning the Stanley Cup only a couple of seasons ago. Unfortunately, MG has done nothing to build or improve the team since. The team has lost its way, ever since the Hodgson trade. I don't think he will do much, if anything for the trade deadline either. The window will be closed this season.

The Canucks will likely be bounced out in the first round of the playoffs, or miss it completely. A rebuild is a must, in order to remain competitive and make another run at the cup in the future. The Sedins are going to decline in a few years and show signs of starting this process already. It is imperative that the team get younger, faster and more skilled upfront. They need to acquire or start drafting high-end prospects, and not have a coach that destroys their confidence and development.

Therefore, firing AV and the coaching staff, as well as Mike Gillis is what is necessary to move this team in a new direction. Currently, the team is stuck in the middle (nowhere near a cup contender and not having much in terms of prospects to completely rebuild at this time). A fundamental shift in philosophy towards one or the other is critical, and it must be addressed by the offseason. Otherwise, the Canucks will be like the Flames.

Oh my... Please stop with these threads. firstly we cant do anything, we are the fans.... NOT the players, coaches, GM. There is a problem with this team and they need to figure it out and only they can do that. If they fail and lose in the first round then we wait till next year.. and the next year... and the next. That's how it is, and as fans we support them through and good and bad because that is all we can really do.

They need our support not our negativity.

I agree with you fundamentally. This team is not going to win the cup. It is also bad to be a position that just misses the playoff or just makes it in and get bounced back in the first round. Hence it is not a bad idea to go for rebuild IF there are teams who are willing to make trade with us and we can move the big no-trade-clause contracts out. The latter is uneasy just look at what Calgary got in the Iginla trade. However, we still have to improve our scouting ...

Lets be honest, we came within one game of winning the Stanley Cup only a couple of seasons ago. Unfortunately, MG has done nothing to build or improve the team since. The team has lost its way, ever since the Hodgson trade. I don't think he will do much, if anything for the trade deadline either. The window will be closed this season.

The Canucks will likely be bounced out in the first round of the playoffs, or miss it completely. A rebuild is a must, in order to remain competitive and make another run at the cup in the future. The Sedins are going to decline in a few years and show signs of starting this process already. It is imperative that the team get younger, faster and more skilled upfront. They need to acquire or start drafting high-end prospects, and not have a coach that destroys their confidence and development.

Therefore, firing AV and the coaching staff, as well as Mike Gillis is what is necessary to move this team in a new direction. Currently, the team is stuck in the middle (nowhere near a cup contender and not having much in terms of prospects to completely rebuild at this time). A fundamental shift in philosophy towards one or the other is critical, and it must be addressed by the offseason. Otherwise, the Canucks will be like the Flames.

To win a Stanley Cup it starts with the management team and goes from there.

It looks like the Ducks have put it together again and could at the very least get out of the west, with a great chance of winning the cup for the second time.

Does anyone really believe this team has even a remote chance with this line up and management group to win a cup anytime soon?

Archived