The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cody Hodgson Demoted to 4th Line with Sabres

Canuck fans sure seem to care a lot about defensive play from a forward, while the team can't score to save their lives...

A player can improve much more in the defensive end then the offensive zone.

Steve Yzerman is a great example. Ended up winning a Selke.

Not saying Hodgson has the skill-set or drive of Yzerman (his role model) but simply stating, eventually, he will be great in his end. Kopitar a good example too.

I'll start off by saying that I still have confidence in Cody but even though the demotion is going to be temporary, I think it shook Cody up. If you watch this post-game interview he initially starts out with strong answers in a steady voice and all smiles, but at the end of the clip when the reporters get more aggressive in their questioning about what got him demoted he gets a different look on his face and his voice started to shake.

http://video.sabres....=233356&lang=en

Does CoHo put up 28 pts on this Canucks team? Not a chance. Everyone is trashing Kass because he has to fight for a spot in our lineup but guess what? CH left because he didn't feel like fighting for his. He went to the Sabres and was gift-wrapped a top-6 role. He would never beat out Hank and Kes and has turned out to be a defensive liability even for Buffalo. If AV had him now and barring injury, he'd also be in Chicago--just not for conditioning. This trade will never be undone. Move on.

Kassian was sent down to Chicago to get a feel for what he needs to do in the NHL to be successful.

2010 Hodgson got sent down, 2011 he scores 15 goals with us.

Just wait Kassian has relied on his size to have a spot, once it all starts sinking in and he has confidence he will be the 2nd line power forward we need.

Kassian was sent down to Chicago to get a feel for what he needs to do in the NHL to be successful.

2010 Hodgson got sent down, 2011 he scores 15 goals with us.

Just wait Kassian has relied on his size to have a spot, once it all starts sinking in and he has confidence he will be the 2nd line power forward we need.

It's funny you should bring that up with a name like Patrick Kane.

Worst two way player on the Hawks - by a longshot.

Only Hawk with a worse relative corsi is their shutdown center Bolland.

The only other player in the NHL I can think of who might be a bigger floater is Phil Kessel... Coho makes a case for himself at times, but he is only a sophomore.

Anyhow, I've been hearing it suggested quite frequently that Kane might win the Hart this year... to which I have to say pppffffttttt. An insult to Toews (among others) - Kane isn't even a candidate for best player on the Hawks, let alone the Hart.

Kassian was gift-wrapped a Sedin spot and squandered it. But unlike Buffalo, we're not gonna sit back and watch a guy get soft points while the team struggles. Instead, we're gonna demote that player and watch the team struggle anyway. But not struggle enough to get a good draftpick.

Archived