The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cody Hodgson Demoted to 4th Line with Sabres

Haha, agreed.

We obviously don't know the whole story, but the fact that Gillis made a fast reaction to Hodgson's "ice-time" request (NOT TRADE), shows his lack of experience as an NHL general manager. Was he a locker-room cancer? Highly doubt it. Kid was always known for character and leadership. Look at this tweet.

Screen-shot-2011-11-16-at-12.22.20-PM.png

Bieksa, one of the leaders and most vocal player on the Canucks seemed to have no problems with Hodgson.

Gillis, you let a 22 year old rookie call the shots?

What should of happened:

CH: I think I deserve more ice-time, given my play.

MG: Hey kid, you're going to have to earn your ice-time! Even though... you completely deserve it... But you're staying here and that's final!

CH: I didn't ask to be traded... I just felt I deserved more playing time.

Major props to Hodgson for not humiliating the franchise when being asked if he wanted out. I bet he didn't ask for a trade.

Gillis has done some mismanagement with Hodgson and now we are seeing with Luongo.

Luongo: “I was never approached with a trade somewhere else and I said no. If that would have happened, I would have said yes. There were some teams that were interested but nothing ever really materialized to that point where I had to give a decision whether I was going to waive or not.”

Gillis: “He has a no trade clause, which creates complications like every player that has one. Roberto’s been part of this process. . .We know some of his desires and what he would like to have happen and we’re trying to accommodate them.”

When he was asked whether there was ever a trade on the table where Luongo might have had to exercise his no trade clause, Gillis replied, “There have been discussions in the past, yes.”

Hmm....

Haha, agreed.

We obviously don't know the whole story, but the fact that Gillis made a fast reaction to Hodgson's "ice-time" request (NOT TRADE), shows his lack of experience as an NHL general manager. Was he a locker-room cancer? Highly doubt it. Kid was always known for character and leadership. Look at this tweet.

Screen-shot-2011-11-16-at-12.22.20-PM.png

Bieksa, one of the leaders and most vocal player on the Canucks seemed to have no problems with Hodgson.

Gillis, you let a 22 year old rookie call the shots?

What should of happened:

CH: I think I deserve more ice-time, given my play.

MG: Hey kid, you're going to have to earn your ice-time! Even though... you completely deserve it... But you're staying here and that's final!

CH: I didn't ask to be traded... I just felt I deserved more playing time.

Major props to Hodgson for not humiliating the franchise when being asked if he wanted out. I bet he didn't ask for a trade.

Gillis has done some mismanagement with Hodgson and now we are seeing with Luongo.

Luongo: “I was never approached with a trade somewhere else and I said no. If that would have happened, I would have said yes. There were some teams that were interested but nothing ever really materialized to that point where I had to give a decision whether I was going to waive or not.”

Gillis: “He has a no trade clause, which creates complications like every player that has one. Roberto’s been part of this process. . .We know some of his desires and what he would like to have happen and we’re trying to accommodate them.”

When he was asked whether there was ever a trade on the table where Luongo might have had to exercise his no trade clause, Gillis replied, “There have been discussions in the past, yes.”

Hmm....

At the end of the day, should Kassian turn into a 40-50 point player, the Canucks made the right trade. They needed a big body that can throw some punches, intimidate opponents, chip in some points, and be a good teammate.

No but with his junior pedigree and next captain material that a lot of people on this board still spout maybe it's time he took the bull by the horns. Jonathon Toews did it with the Hawks and you can see it in Taylor Hall on the Coil. Does anybody see that in Hodgson..it's his time to shine and I don't know if he has that kind of drive.

Archived