The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are your most hated coaching decisions in AV's tenure?

CanuckleHorse

I have to many to list so ill give you a five. 1) He skated the guys the morning of the 7th game they looked sluggish and slow at the start of the game. 2) Not playing Linden with the twins his last year that line was awesome when played together. 3) His line decisions always leaves me scratching my head offensive players playing with plugs? 4)This year he had Kass playing lights out with the twins he had burrows playing center instead of wing where he would have been more useful with another line. 5) He loves defensive plugs he would play them over a more offensive gifted player. ps I feel bad for Jensen an offensive player with a coach who wants him to play a D first type game.

I like the guy. The pros outweight the cons. One of our best coaches. I still think it's time to move on because this team really looks out of it right now with him.

I don't like his philosophy of making every prospect work his way into the top six. Sometimes a prospect develops better playing in the top six. If he can't do that, send him to the AHL. But at the same time, if a prospect has 1 bad game playing there, after 3 good ones, it's not time to send him to the AHL/4th line.

I don't like how he broke Ballard.

If he was involved in anyways with Shirokov getting sent down (I think it was all MG, so he's safe), than I am definitely not a fan of that.

Calling out Hodgson in the media and saying he was using excuses when Cody was still hurt.

Unwillingness to pull Luongo when there was a capable back up.

Being too conservative. Sitting on 1 goal leads or letting other teams continually forecheck hard against the team. Last year the Kings forecheck was dominating, you can't just let that go on you have to try something else.

Lack of flexibility with the Sedins. He should have separated them and played them on the PK sometimes. Let them succeed or open up peoples eyes to their weaknesses. Too many people think the Sedins having to play together is some cool strength, but they are completely backwards it's a weakness.

1. Ballard. Ballard has been managed terribly from day one.

2. Not having the team stand up for itself in the finals against Boston. The twins should not have taken that abuse.

3. Not inserting Rypien into the lineup against Boston. I guarantee Marchand would not have been running around. Ripper was the toughest player in the league pound for pound.

4. Chasing Canuck legends Linden and Naslund off the team. Linden was managed terribly under AV, and Naslund didn't like the guy either.

5. Not managing our prospects effectively and playing to their strengths as opposed to trying to make them play a game they aren't suited to.

Archived