The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT- Vancouver Canucks vs San Jose Sharks

kanucks1

Canucks give up 4 goals in the first minute.

Nicklas Jensen responds by scoring four goals in his first shift.

Canucks eventually win 29-28, with 19 goals from Tom Sestito. Ryane Clowe scores his first 28 goals of the year for the Sharks to take the NHL goalscoring lead.

Interesting move starting Jensen on the first line. He will likely look good to start, pop a few goals in his first few games, have the inevitable defensive lapses any young rookie would have, get demoted to a lower line and then we get to read page after page of people crying that AV needs to put him back on the first line to increase his production.

I like the move but it's like Gillis and AV are gluttons for punishment.

@benkuzma: #Canucks winger Nicklas Jensen on making NHL debut: "I do put a lot of pressure of myself. I don't want to go out there and just be OK."

@benkuzma: More Nicklas Jensen: "You've got to play with confidence from the start and you can't go out there and be scared of the game."

Got a feeling he's gonna try to make the most of his chance. Getting a chance with the twins is golden opportunity. He's pumped right up for tonight. I don't think he's gonna go out and play a safe game, he wants to score.

Archived