Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

GDT- Vancouver Canucks vs San Jose Sharks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1078 replies to this topic

#1051 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,648 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:13 PM

Where was Raymond... Btw?

supposed "shoulder injury"

the quotations mean I find it suspicious

OXwjSoG.gif

#1052 CupisAll

CupisAll

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:13 PM

the only thing we have to look forward to this playoffs is the potential of a Bruins Hawks SCF.
how good would that be?

#1053 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,648 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

the only thing we have to look forward to this playoffs is the potential of a Bruins Hawks SCF.
how good would that be?

how would that be good"? I want neither one to win

OXwjSoG.gif

#1054 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,825 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

how good would that be?

You enjoy that, I'll watch baseball or something. Not watching either of those two NHL darlings win a cup again.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#1055 CupisAll

CupisAll

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

how would that be good"? I want neither one to win

it would have everything that is good about hockey. not the crap we've had to watch this year.

#1056 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,208 posts

somehow, we're still 4th.
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#1057 lolwut?

lolwut?

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:19 PM

We wont be for long at this rate..that position in the standings is extremely misleading.

The canucks have won games this season for sure, but in the last month thr canucks have been bottom 5 in the league for sure

#1058 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,648 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

it would have everything that is good about hockey. not the crap we've had to watch this year.

switch bruins to penguins and we'll talk if you want an actual skilled battle.

OXwjSoG.gif

#1059 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

Worst part we had a chance to gain ground on Minny. I would not want to face LA in the 1st round...I wouldn't like our chances that's for sure.

#1060 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

We wont be for long at this rate..that position in the standings is extremely misleading.

The canucks have won games this season for sure, but in the last month thr canucks have been bottom 5 in the league for sure

Right now, the Nucks would be out in 4 straight if they faced the Oilers. Edmonton is starting to gel and is actually winning their games with a team effort and offensive talent. Not like the nucks who play for 60 minutes hoping their goalie can get a shutout and give them a chance to win 1-0.

I love the Nucks but any team in the NHL is more exciting and talented to watch than the plumbers MG has put together and that includes the Sedins this year. They are doing nothing to lead this team.

#1061 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

Who cares, though? Will this team really do much in the playoffs with that 4th seed? I really couldn't give a crap if this team is still in a playoff spot. It does nothing to change what we're seeing on the ice.

#1062 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

Liked the effort since Higgy scored.

The Sedins need some highly skilled accomplices,especially on D.

#1063 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

A healthy Kes will change the PP and the 2nd line.

Still need a d man that is highly skilled for the PP.

#1064 Nashi

Nashi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,921 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

At least the Wild lost too.

canucks141.png

#1065 dinga

dinga

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:28 PM

I think this group will be blown up. The injuries are piling up. No puck luck. Poor coaching... I am very sad.

On the flip side they do remind me of the LA Kings from last year.

#1066 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

The coach cannot get out there and make Edler suck less. He can't give back the step that the Sedins have clearly lost nor can he put the puck in the net. While I'm not an AV fan this is a talent issue, not a coaching one.

The coach cannot make Edler suck less? Are you kidding me?
He can come up with a plan that takes into account for the Sedins losiing a step. He can pair them with a big power forward who proved chemistry with them in the past. He can take into account that Edler is not playing well and devise a way to exrtact the best performance from him. He can identify problems and adjust and compensate.
The players are accountable for their play. The coach is accountable for the results.
There is a reason a captain goes down with his ship while the crew jumps in the lifeboat; it is because the ship is his responsibility.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#1067 GoodVibrations

GoodVibrations

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:41 PM

Right now, the Nucks would be out in 4 straight if they faced the Oilers. Edmonton is starting to gel and is actually winning their games with a team effort and offensive talent. Not like the nucks who play for 60 20 minutes hoping their goalie can get a shutout and give them a chance to win 1-0.

I love the Nucks but any team in the NHL is more exciting and talented to watch than the plumbers MG has put together and that includes the Sedins this year. They are doing nothing to lead this team.

Fixed

#1068 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

Notice how San Jose's coach leans forward and engages his players? Looks like he's talking to them passionately?

What do we get on our bench? AV stands back and does nothing while Newell Brown draws something up. The guy who's currently responsible for the 29th ranked powerplay...

That's really the difference of why we're not seeing any passion.

This. All. Day. Long.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#1069 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:02 PM

I think this group will be blown up. The injuries are piling up. No puck luck. Poor coaching... I am very sad.

On the flip side they do remind me of the LA Kings from last year.

But you forgot that the LA Kings made a huge trade during that season to get Jeff Carter. Unless Gillis can pull out something like this, then the only thing that would be similar to the LA Kings of last year would be the failures and finishing 8th.

Posted Image

#1070 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

The good news is that Jensen looks like the real deal. Just loved the way he battles in front of the net. For a rookie playing his first game, I thought he was great. Give him some time to gain experience so that he can adjust to the NHL game tempo and this kid is going to a franchise player.

#1071 FinishEveryCheck

FinishEveryCheck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:21 PM

The good news is that Jensen looks like the real deal. Just loved the way he battles in front of the net. For a rookie playing his first game, I thought he was great. Give him some time to gain experience so that he can adjust to the NHL game tempo and this kid is going to a franchise player.

in thought he looked good too.

#1072 FinishEveryCheck

FinishEveryCheck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:23 PM

how good would that be?

Hawks -Penguins

F Boston.

#1073 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,892 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

This. All. Day. Long.

It's okay about the PP, though, cuz we don't get any anyway.

#1074 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,892 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:29 PM

I've said some unflattering stuff about Edler's play after the first few games of the season. I'm sure Bieksa is walking wounded and wouldn't be playing if the team was healthy. Gotta wonder if the same isn't true for Edler.

#1075 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,256 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:53 PM

What a waste of time watching that pathetic joke of a game. The coaching just isn't motivating this group. It's boring hockey we're watching here folks.

#1076 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:55 PM

Schneider Edler Ballard first

For

Briere and timonen! Get it done

Edited by frazzY, 01 April 2013 - 11:56 PM.

#1077 Gman

Gman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:11 AM

Schneider Edler Ballard first

For

Briere and timonen! Get it done

No
Posted Image

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the same sense to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." - H.L. Mencken

"When you understand why you don't believe in other people's gods, you will understand why I don't believe in yours."- Albert Einstein

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs." - Unknown

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization" - Unknown

#1078 lolwut?

lolwut?

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

But you forgot that the LA Kings made a huge trade during that season to get Jeff Carter. Unless Gillis can pull out something like this, then the only thing that would be similar to the LA Kings of last year would be the failures and finishing 8th.

Uhhhhh annnnd brought in a new coach.. mid season.

#1079 lolwut?

lolwut?

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:19 AM

What a waste of time watching that pathetic joke of a game. The coaching just isn't motivating this group. It's boring hockey we're watching here folks.

Yknow what? I would gladly take some boring hockey right now so long as it was backed by a team that took it seriously and showed some gumption.. they look timid, lacl confidence and are losing games in poor fashion and they dont even seem concerned..

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.