The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Mason Raymond being shopped?

Iain MacIntyre@imacVanSun3m

No Mason Raymond on ice for Canucks' skate. Upcoming UFA, 2 days before trade deadline.

UPDATE:

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie

1m

Mason Raymond not on ice with VAN today because he's a little banged up. I do not believe it is trade related altho Raymond's name out there

Due to the Bobby Mac tweet, I have changed the name of this thread to encourage conversation about it instead of the injury

Canucks probably have to choose one of Higgins, Raymond, or Lappy to let walk this summer.

If we trade for a C at the deadline I would let Lappy walk, but if not, then I would definitely re-sign him and let MayRay walk.

Out of those three, Higgy would be my first priority to re-sign

Guest Dasein

Raymond's had a huge resurgence in his play as of late.

I would say the only Canuck right now that is able to snipe the puck (which is sad).

Higgins is more gritty, hits harder, plays bigger, wins more board battles, but Raymond's more offensively talented.

I would be quite surprised if this was due to a trade. We're so thin up front already and with the next 2 days off to make trades why do it now. Plus, what Brahma Bull just said. It would have to be a good return although I'd settle for a very good pick too. Those can always be peddled into a significant player.

Archived