The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

My team...The Vancouver Canucks

C-TRAIN5000

Long time reader that finally decided to make the plunge and post! Just wanted to say hello and give my quick take on the Canucks and there chances this season.

The one thing I think alot of people on here (and fans in general) need to do is RELAX. This team is experienced and has some depth. They are going to have off nights...see first per of Saturday's game vs Oilers for example. IT HAPPENS PEOPLE!! The Canucks are human and make mistakes just like you or I. Obviously I recognize that this is their career and should come to every game and put forth a full effort. That being said, I don't think they are out there dogging it like some of you so clealy believe. I know sometimes its hard to imagine but most nights the oppostion wants to win the game as well and sometimes they deserve credit for stepping up their game.

As far as the team goes, injuries have played a big part but that's always going to happen. My take is that in order for the Canucks to be really successful they need to play to their strength which is their speed. I think quick neutral zone transition combined with a good first pass from our D will allow us to be at our best. There's very few teams in the West that can skate with us so if we continually force the issue I believe we'll have success.

Lastly a comment on Dale Weise... saw a thread on here yesterday asking if we really need him...read some mixed feelings on the subject but I will quickly share mine....Dale is definitely someone we need... While he may not have the point production, he brings some intangibles that you just can't teach. He's very good at getting the puck out of our zone along the wall...probably our best winger at it besides Sedin/burrows...he blocks shots, gets pucks deep, crashes into the corners and isnt afraid to get his nose dirty...while some people argued players like this are a dime a dozen that is totally false....most 3rd/4th line guys may have some of his intangibles but not all of them...trust me people he brings alot more to the table that most people think and a real knowledgable hockey fan would have seen his absense was very apparent against the Oilers.

Just my thoughts....

Long time reader that finally decided to make the plunge and post! Just wanted to say hello and give my quick take on the Canucks and there chances this season.

The one thing I think alot of people on here (and fans in general) need to do is RELAX. This team is experienced and has some depth. They are going to have off nights...see first per of Saturday's game vs Oilers for example. IT HAPPENS PEOPLE!! The Canucks are human and make mistakes just like you or I. Obviously I recognize that this is their career and should come to every game and put forth a full effort. That being said, I don't think they are out there dogging it like some of you so clealy believe. I know sometimes its hard to imagine but most nights the oppostion wants to win the game as well and sometimes they deserve credit for stepping up their game.

As far as the team goes, injuries have played a big part but that's always going to happen. My take is that in order for the Canucks to be really successful they need to play to their strength which is their speed. I think quick neutral zone transition combined with a good first pass from our D will allow us to be at our best. There's very few teams in the West that can skate with us so if we continually force the issue I believe we'll have success.

Lastly a comment on Dale Weise... saw a thread on here yesterday asking if we really need him...read some mixed feelings on the subject but I will quickly share mine....Dale is definitely someone we need... While he may not have the point production, he brings some intangibles that you just can't teach. He's very good at getting the puck out of our zone along the wall...probably our best winger at it besides Sedin/burrows...he blocks shots, gets pucks deep, crashes into the corners and isnt afraid to get his nose dirty...while some people argued players like this are a dime a dozen that is totally false....most 3rd/4th line guys may have some of his intangibles but not all of them...trust me people he brings alot more to the table that most people think and a real knowledgable hockey fan would have seen his absense was very apparent against the Oilers.

Just my thoughts....

Too much to read is a clear sign of a weak mind, especially since it takes all of a minute to read that post.

I agree people need to relax, we haven't even reached the playoffs to see if we are in or out, but we are within mere points of a guaranteed spot. We could be in the basement, would that make you haters happy.

Try living through the slump periods where we didn't have a chance at getting to the playoffs, let alone considered a team to beat for the cup. Some of you fans don't understand there are 29 other teams tryinng to take the cup from us every year. It is the hardest trophy to win, and you all think we have the right to just win it because we have a bunch of the good pieces.

sheeeeeeesh.

If this teams' biggest strength is it's speed, they're in trouble. It's been slowing down for a couple years now.

Besides, in the playoffs speed seems to be easily negated by toughness and clogging up the entire ice. Speed's nice, but if it's forced to the outside, then what good is it?

I do realize it was slighly long winded but that's only becuase it was my first post....obviously I comprehend the fact that this doesn't draw the most intelligent crowd so I'll definitely keep it shorter....

And FYI...nothing in there about Dale Weise being a god...i realize he's a 615k player....just saying I think some of you may over look what he actually brings to the table

Assuming Kassian was meant to at least make our 2nd line this year, we're currently missing FOUR top 6 players, our top defensive player and faceoff man, a mobile defenseman worth our top prospect+1st, and a fourth liner. So thats 7/18 Skaters.

I'd say we're doing alright considering.

Archived