The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jay Boumeester TO STL

Cundari becomes Abbotsford's highest scoring defenseman, so maybe they're hoping to get their prospects some AHL playoff action with him stepping in. I think they're 1-2 spots away from being in the playoffs.. I could be wrong though.

Basically a 1st + AHL improvement for J-Bo/potentially a 1st+a 4th+AHL improvement for J-Bo.

I don't think his value is much higher than a 1st and getting your prospects as much action as possible is important..

I think a 1st for Bouwmeester is a win for Feaster.

Peca's words - 'he's the kind of guy you look forward to playing against."

Soft, gives the puck away, lack of compete. Good positional player maybe, but his moving his cap hit is nothing short of a coup, particularly in the coming cap climate.

The prices are pretty unpredictable.

Guest Dasein

If there ever is a year to bank on draft picks, I believe it would be this one.

Supposed to be one of the deeper drafts - akin to 2003 and 2008.

Having 3 1st round picks in a year like this isn't a bad decision.

don't underestimate Berra guys. Hartley was a coach for Zurich a few years ago so I guess he wanted him in the deal. he was never gonna play for STL anyway since he's already 26 and they got young goalies...

he played for the worst team here in Switzerland and took them to the playoffs. big body, ok butterfly and has experience (played for Davos as well and if I remember correctly won the championship)

not saying he's the new Patrick Roy but certainly not far behind that MacDonald guy they're using now

Iginla wanted to go to Pittsburgh, that's why their package was so underwhelming.

Bouwmeester is overpaid, and is at an age where you can't reasonably expect much improvement. You know what he is. That's why the prospects they ended up getting weren't great.

This is kindof why the Flames have sucked for so long. They have a ton of players that aren't that good, who are on bad contracts and don't have much value overall.

I'm expecting Bouwmeester's career to be revived in St. Louis, I've always thought that guy is too big & too skilled to be putting up as poor of numbers as he has in Calgary, hopefully with some talent around him we'll get to see what he is truly capable of.

Archived