Canucks Community

Gillis time to do something

J529

Hurricanes - Doug Weight (deadline)

Ducks - Chris Pronger

Wings - Brad Stuart (deadline)

Penguins - Bill Guerin (deadline)

Blackhawks - Marian Hossa

Bruins - Chris Kelly, Rich Peverly, Tomas Kaberle (all deadline)

Kings - Jeff Carter (deadline)

WAKE UP dumbass, teams don't win the cup by keeping the exact same roster after a first round exit and refusing to make deadline deals or big moves.

Maybe, just maybe if Gillis had some balls and got Kaberle instead of the Bruins getting him, our defensive injuries wouldn't have mattered and we'd have won the cup? Gillis is the pussiest GM ever.

Ducks - Chris Pronger

WAKE UP dumbass, teams don't win the cup by keeping the exact same roster after a first round exit and refusing to make deadline deals or big moves.

Ducks - Chris Pronger

Maybe, just maybe if Gillis had some balls and got Kaberle instead of the Bruins getting him, our defensive injuries wouldn't have mattered and we'd have won the cup? Gillis is the pussiest GM ever.

Where in my two sentence quote did I say anything along the lines of; "The Canucks will win the Stanley Cup without making acquisitions because they are the best team in the NHL."

When in Mike Gillis' tenure has he made a major splash and acquired a Jeff Carter/Marian Hossa type player at the deadline for a playoff push? He has not. Instead he will make depth acquisitions in order to improve the team. I did not say "there will be no big acquisitions" because I believe Mike Gillis is an idiot, but because there are no signs that will happen. If there is to be a Luongo trade, then maybe, but I doubt there will be (just my personal opinion).

So basing my quote off of Gillis' past two trade deadlines I can honestly say it is highly unlikely that there will be any big acquisitions.

2010/2011-Acquired Maxim Lapierre and Chris Higgins. Depth, turned out very good for us.

2011/2012-Acquired Samuel Pahlsson and Zack Kassian. Did not turn out good for us running into the eventual SC Champs.

You don't know how waivers work, do you?

The Canucks were first in the NHL, meaning they had the last crack at Kaberle. Meaning 29 other teams could have taken him if they wanted to. But yeah, Gillis didn't have "the balls" to pull the trigger. Defensive injuries, although a big factor, was not the problem. When you score 8 goals in 7 games, you have not played well enough to win the cup.

So yeah, in your words, wake up dumbass.

Trading starting to heat up with Bouwmeester and Regehr being traded.

Fed up of the never evering Luongo/Schneider saga. I really don't buy Gillis being in talks with multiple teams that is past "kicking tires" for Luongo. We've heard this before about mystery teams that were in talks/acquiring about Luongo before. Just BS he's putting out in hopes he drives up the market and price for Lui. Gillis mine as well do nothing at the deadline and call the season. Because the Canucks are one and done in the playoffs anyways. Interest in the Canucks is down with tickets being sold for less then face value. Speaks volumes about how bad this team really is. A house cleaning is needed. Montreal did it and they're looking pretty good. Ottawa a team with alot worst injuries keep finding a way to win.

You would? Mitchell hasn't played a game this season but you would rather have an injured player than Bieksa or Garrison.

Man you know, I think you're on to something here. We should sign players that get injured for entire seasons to maximize our LTIR and we shouldn't sign top UFA d-men.

Archived