The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis time to do something

J529

I hope he stands still this season and goes in with what we have. Maybe a little move like Boyd Gordon etc..

Kesler is due back soon, and outside of 1 EDM slip up we have been one of the best the last 2 weeks.

People need to simmer down and think about the future as much as now. Jensen, Gaunce and 1st round picks are all we got so trading them will prove counter productive.

Then wth are you complaining about?

You flame him for not doing anything, but you don't suggest Bouwmeester or Regher.

But your too scared to come up with an idea, cause it will really put a sock in your mouth.

YOu want Gillis to do something! LIke a desperate fool!!! but you don't have anything in mind.

Love Canucks.com. You see how stupid you look right now?

Cause you want Gillis to trade to improve the team! Look around, teams are giving away 2nd round picks 1st rounds picks or a top prospect, something you probably don't want to see go.

April 3rd can't come fast enough.

OH god dude, go to the last page of the News only Luongo trade thread. It was Gillis that asked for kadri but Burke didn't want to give him up, or even Jake Gardiner.

Looks like your the one that has no clue wtf your talking about.

Why are we trading for guys that Gillis just let walk? Not only will we be paying them what we didn't want to offer but we lose picks prospects etc

It's nice to go with familiar but maybe familiar is not what this team needs.

Edit. In regard to ehrhoff Torres Salo post above

Where in my two sentence quote did I say anything along the lines of; "The Canucks will win the Stanley Cup without making acquisitions because they are the best team in the NHL."

When in Mike Gillis' tenure has he made a major splash and acquired a Jeff Carter/Marian Hossa type player at the deadline for a playoff push? He has not. Instead he will make depth acquisitions in order to improve the team. I did not say "there will be no big acquisitions" because I believe Mike Gillis is an idiot, but because there are no signs that will happen. If there is to be a Luongo trade, then maybe, but I doubt there will be (just my personal opinion).

So basing my quote off of Gillis' past two trade deadlines I can honestly say it is highly unlikely that there will be any big acquisitions.

2010/2011-Acquired Maxim Lapierre and Chris Higgins. Depth, turned out very good for us.

2011/2012-Acquired Samuel Pahlsson and Zack Kassian. Did not turn out good for us running into the eventual SC Champs.

Defensive injuries, although a big factor, was not the problem. When you score 8 goals in 7 games, you have not played well enough to win the cup.

So yeah, in your words, wake up dumbass.

Well you can face palm and smiley till your ears bleed but the fact is MG has failed to supply Vancouver Canucks, an elite team in a huge market with the type of players which would show respect to the team OR the market.

When you see the calibre of player being signed by the Pens, or the type of players brought through by Chicago and Philly you have got to start asking questions about MG's fitness for purpose.

There are a lot of things I like about MG but sadly the more time that transpires the more reservations I have about his ability to focus and get the job done.........and that is more important than all the rest.

I don't see you throwing any ideas of who they should be looking at. It's easy to attack someone else and resort to acting like a juvenile.

Re-acquire players that he shouldn't have let go in the first place.

Rafi - Was mentioned on HNIC Hotstove the Canucks are interested in bringing him back. I'd also ask Phoenix about the availability of Doan.

Salo - TB is out of it. Not sure if they would be willing to part, but can't imagine they would be looking for alot back. His booming shot is missed, especially on the PP.

Ehrhoff - Buf is open to trading anyone. Of course the problem is the huge contract he has. The day he left, is the day Canucks PP went to crap. And that's fact. Look at the stats, Canucks PP now and when Ehrhoff was here.

Hey I'll admit that Gillis screwed up but so did every Gm with this franchise ,even Brian Burke.

Burke wouldn't be making this core if it wasn't for the assets from Keenan and Quinn. He also wouldn't have the players to developed in T.O If he had lower picks.

I'm so sick of this complete and utter bs. Every new GM, yes, every single one of them, inherits assets from the previous GM. Which of those assets he keeps, and which he moves, is what makes the team his. Find me one GM who took over an existing team that had no assets at all on the team or the farm.

I hate people who say "dude". Apparently you have a clue and know more then anyone on here does. While Burke wouldn't trade them or so that was the rumor, Leafs board wanted the trade made, thus why Burke was fired (hence the theories on the timing of the firing)

Some real pieces of work on here. Really embarrassing. Kids never go school nowadays. Instead spend their time trolling on forums and trying to act all high, mighty and superior.

Archived