The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What a beautiful HST free day

Harbinger

Thank you liberals for doing as the people asked and removed that POS tax. Went to the restaurant and paid less. Then went and did some groceries, paid less. It was pretty awesome. It's amazing when you can actually see the difference like that. Thank you Jesus.

Benefit of the HST was business could deduct 12% (the HST) on their expenses. Now they can only deduct 5% (the GST) on their expenses.

What this means is many businesses are going to have higher costs which will lead to them charging higher prices. There is an argument that spending will increase because consumers pay less on certain Goods/Services but in the long run prices are going to go up because of the return to the GST/PST system.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Liberal government was idiotic to adopt the HST without due process, but it was actually beneficial to BC.

What about the advantages of HST did you not understand? It was more efficient, reduced administration costs and made the Province more competitive with the rest of the wolrd which is going in that direction.

The adderd costs of PST/GST will be carried by the consumer eventually.

The over-turning of the HST was a disgraceful attempt to try and pander to the "cause" vote and was a great example of how mass hysteria and politics can trump intelligence and practical thinking.

The fall of the HST was a huge win for the uneducated.

As an accountant that audits manufacturing companies as well as film/production companies, you've hurt their businesses and you've hindered BC's competitive advantage over other provinces.

As more provinces adopt HST, BC has taken a step backwards. I'm guessing Surrey couldn't bother researching the benefits of HST before they voted.

Shame.

The fall of the HST was a huge win for the uneducated.

As an accountant that audits manufacturing companies as well as film/production companies, you've hurt their businesses and you've hindered BC's competitive advantage over other provinces.

As more provinces adopt HST, BC has taken a step backwards. I'm guessing Surrey couldn't bother researching the benefits of HST before they voted.

Shame.

The problem with the HST was the Lies tried to sneak it past us after they promised the Deficit that year would be less than $500 million (lie). They were backed into a corner and needed cash. Plain and simple. If they didn't need the quick cash from Herr Harper, then they might have / would have done it different. You can blame the sheeple all you want. The Lies MUST assume a significant portion of the blame for this mess.

Thank you liberals for doing as the people asked and removed that POS tax. Went to the restaurant and paid less. Then went and did some groceries, paid less. It was pretty awesome. It's amazing when you can actually see the difference like that. Thank you Jesus.

Took the kids for their $11 haircut today expecting a break since haircuts are PST exempt.

Guess what? Same price as pre Apr 1st. I asked the lady why and she said price increase... as I anticipated.

I would volunteer that most of us won't see as much savings as we'd been lead to believe.

The Liberals screwed up implementation of the HST royally. Personally I would have gone for the 10% HST instead...

The problem with the HST was the Lies tried to sneak it past us after they promised the Deficit that year would be less than $500 million (lie). They were backed into a corner and needed cash. Plain and simple. If they didn't need the quick cash from Herr Harper, then they might have / would have done it different. You can blame the sheeple all you want. The Lies MUST assume a significant portion of the blame for this mess.

It was dumbt, shortsighted, small minded thinking on the majority of the population led by that twit vander zalm. HST was necessary for business (which if you don't understand or are to young to understand that it drives economies) that, combined with the NDP coming back is going to lead back to the dark ages of the 90's for BC, that's why I chose to move to Alberta, watch over the next 3 years as head offices that came back to bc head back out to Alberta.

Archived