The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Sharks 3-2 Canucks

JE14

Not good but not that bad of a game. With the exception of the 2 minute meltdown.

The meltdowns happen way too often, magnified of course by the last two games but not the first time it's happened. It's not a strictly a goalie issue. It happens regardless of who is on the ice. It's happened with a healthy line-up. It's a team issue. It's lack of focus. And it's up to the coaches in particular to make sure this doesn't happen.

The Canucks are 28th in the league for face offs, and 29th with the

man advantage, and 16th on the penalty kill. Those numbers are

down substantially from the previous two seasons.

I hope Gillis does something to adress those areas of our game

otherwise the Canucks will looking at a 1st round exit.

Beyond that though who do we have to compliment kesler? Who on our team can kesler make better or vise versa?

Same with the sedins.. the parade of players trying to play alongside the sedins is enough already for me.. the constabt shuffling.. i am so tired of the overall mentality and strategy of this team.. its beyond losing games or getting bounced from the playoffs early.. somethings need to change right now or we will be the next calgary flames.

The thing that bothers me the most is how few canucks fans realize this could be a grim reality

Argh, AV and Bowness needs to go. Canucks have a terrible effort on Saturday and they come back with this. What does that say about a team? Can anyone honest answer the last time the Canucks played a full 60 min game?

During the off-season, it was revealed that Kesler had been playing with a shoulder injury since February 2012. Suffering from a torn labrum, he underwent surgery for the injury in May. Initially expected to have recovered by mid-November, his rehabilitation was extended for several months due to an additional wrist injury which he received surgery for in late-June.

Is this news to you?

If it was that bad? How on earth did he suit up every night for 4 months? It was probly a little tight and sore after each game. And the end result was the torn labrum from the wear and tear of the season.

This no hold barred refereeing thats going on now and that will be the same in the playoffs the Sedins are never going to produce unless somehow they can get a few kms faster and gain at least 20 lbs of muscle for the playoffs and thats not going to happen.

I have come to the conclusion our only hope for the Sedins to have success is to have Kassian or somebody we trade for who has size play the rest of the season with them making room for them and getting physical developing some chemistry for the playoffs.

Archived