The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Sharks 3-2 Canucks

JE14

Well, could make the situation any better.

This team doesn't play defense and can't score.

No goalie will stop grade A chance after grade A chance. And he can't score goals.

So I don't see how the change would improve anything.

Some of this Edler hate makes me cringe... He is excellent in the offensive zone, good passes and good hard shots, and can hold his own in the defensive zone with his size and speed. To have him as a 2nd pairing offense first d-man (provided he is used that way) for 5 mil a season is a blessing and half the teams in the league would have paid way more than that for him.

I know I am young and didn't watch the Canucks through their losing years in the mid-late 80s and early 90s, and again on and off in the late 90s and 2000s (started watching regularly in the 2003-2004 season), but I honestly feel blessed to watch this team and call it my home team. We have a super star first line, an excellent (when healthy) second line centre, and great complimentary players. I think this team team can make a solid push in the post season.

Will I be disappointed if they fail? Yes. And was I expecting them to go farther last year? Yes.

But and the end of the day I get to watch what I call "my team" win more than half of their games and play more than just the regular season.

I think some people here will be pleasantly surprised with how much of a difference a healthy roster makes to our offence and defense. Yes we would need a piece or 2 to be in top contention for the cup, but how much of a difference does a 50-70 point per season, defensively responsible, faceoff winning, centre make to a team that is playoff bound without him?

I guess I am an internal optimist, who is rarely agitated. But I get fulfillment out of watching this team and think more people should be grateful of what we have.

This no hold barred refereeing thats going on now and that will be the same in the playoffs the Sedins are never going to produce unless somehow they can get a few kms faster and gain at least 20 lbs of muscle for the playoffs and thats not going to happen.

I have come to the conclusion our only hope for the Sedins to have success is to have Kassian or somebody we trade for who has size play the rest of the season with them making room for them and getting physical developing some chemistry for the playoffs.

This no hold barred refereeing thats going on now and that will be the same in the playoffs the Sedins are never going to produce unless somehow they can get a few kms faster and gain at least 20 lbs of muscle for the playoffs and thats not going to happen.

I have come to the conclusion our only hope for the Sedins to have success is to have Kassian or somebody we trade for who has size play the rest of the season with them making room for them and getting physical developing some chemistry for the playoffs.

Showed some heart getting back within one. but it really wasn't a good effort tonight.

The fact still stands is that not once have we had a 100% healthy line up, and that's huge. Almost half the team is rookies or AHLers.

Whatever moves MG does at the deadline, and getting Kesler and Kass back will help. Just hang in there people.

Archived