The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Higgins re-signs for 4 years, $2.5M per

i dont mind the term, but if we are giving him 4 years, and a limited ntc i would have hoped for a cap hit of 2m per or maybe even a little less. But I will take Higgins at 2.5m over david jones at 4m anyday of the week

I am aware what a limited NTC is. My point is that the player being able to limit the trading partners ALWAYS means more when the time that you want to trade the guy comes. Higgins is not a guy you give a NTC of any kind to imo.

For all you guys saying it is not a big deal, you need to re-think that. The market for trading players is small enough in a cap environment.

Ya, two years ago wasn't it?

Pahlsson (you know the same Pahlsson who sounded pissed about even being traded here)

Hodgson for Kassian

In two years?

Plus Ballard, Luongo, etc. sitting here eating cap space an not playing when the team needs obvious help?

Wow ya don't work the phones too hard there Gillis.

Honestly, someone mentioned him waiting for the right trade........there is an old saying in business. I am paraphrasing a bit here but something along the lines of a good opportunity today is often better than waiting for the perfect opportunity tomorrow. My old advanced economics professor would have described Gillis' trading "patience" as the definition of opportunity cost.

Higgins has earned every bit of a 4 year 10 million deal, if this turns out to be true (it was still April 1st when it was posted afterall).

You know what you're getting with Higgins, and that's 100% all the time, with tenacious puck pursuit and great hockey intelligence.

No brainer.

MayRay's next. Same deal.

Guys, cut Samir some slack. He messed up calling the trade for Luongo like twice. If you had a connection, wouldn't you like to be the first to break the news? He did break the Booth and Hodgson trades, so he obviously isn't sourceless.

Time and place, folks. Time and place.

Archived