8 replies to this topic

#1 bungalo

bungalo

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:59 AM

How about trading Lou + Edler then few more teams might have interest. Last few years I might have missed around 5 games out of the season + playoff on tv broadcast every year. I have been focusing on Edler because lot of times hearing the announcer saying " at the blue line Edler bobble the puck and the puck went out to the neutral zone" or "Edler lost/giveaway the puck and ??? score !!"
I know Edler was Canucks prospect from the beginning and had invested lots of $$ on him. He is a pretty good defencemen but to me, he ain't good enough the good plays compared to his bad plays. Edler needs to be more aggressive in front of our goalie with his size and strength but he isn't. We need him be more effective 7or 8/10 games if not 10/10 but instead he's more like only 3 or 4/10 so far. Maybe his games will improve somewhere else but sure not much in Canucks.

#2 Specter's Vengeance

Specter's Vengeance

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:02 AM

Dude, from personal experience, this is your 3rd post and you're on your way to getting run out the building. Sometimes its best to keep opinions to yourself... Welcome to the CDC.
Posted Image

You know what I like? When puppies bite Jay Onrait's face! You know what I like better? Great Plays!!!

#3 FinishEveryCheck

FinishEveryCheck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

An Edler carrot might be the only way to move Luongo.

#4 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,950 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:07 AM

wrong forum for this.

http://forum.canucks...armchair-gming/

#5 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:37 AM

Maybe he needs better coaching!

*wink* bye bye AV *wink*

#6 shadowgoon

shadowgoon

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:14 AM

Dude, from personal experience, this is your 3rd post and you're on your way to getting run out the building. Sometimes its best to keep opinions to yourself... Welcome to the CDC.

No offence intended "dude" but post count means nothing, your preconceived notion that because someone has a low post count alludes to them not having drunk from the same Kool-Aid bowl as the rest of CDC by virtue of them not expressing their thoughts like everyone else is a fallacy; I honor and respect individuality and the exercising of our right to freedom of expression as granted to us each and every day.

With that being said, we have a log jam at D, it for the first time in years is our primary strength behind amazing goaltending, when trading in hockey you have to trade from strengths to address weaknesses, and our primary weakness is lack of skill and scoring threat up and down the lineup.

Trading Edler does not weaken us at D, not when you consider a residual T4 of Hamhuis, Bieksa, Garrison, Tanev. That in it's own right is solid as solid gets. I would prefer the defence focus on defence and keeping the puck out of the net, if packaging Edler with Luongo means getting a superstar calibre T6 winger and 3rd line center I say you do it.

And to everyone saying we need to keep both goalies, give your head a shake. Making no changes for the sake of what-if scenarios is a poor way to manage a hockey club, in fact it's nearly as surefire as you get when it comes to assuring failure. The only way to ensure that we don't require the need to overcompensate at D and G is to strengthen the F core and balance the roster. When you have balance, team performance is at it's greatest potential; it's at it's lowest when sitting back and hoping like hell you don't get scored on.

#7 Specter's Vengeance

Specter's Vengeance

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:26 AM

No offence intended "dude" but post count means nothing, your preconceived notion that because someone has a low post count alludes to them not having drunk from the same Kool-Aid bowl as the rest of CDC by virtue of them not expressing their thoughts like everyone else is a fallacy; I honor and respect individuality and the exercising of our right to freedom of expression as granted to us each and every day.

Firstly, I must poke fun at your last sentence by saying 'Murica. Secondly, I was much like him when I first started here. I read these threads until my eyes bled. I decided to enter the CDC arena and see if I could thrive off of my knowledge and love of the sport. I was met equally but the mature and the moronic. I was merely warning the gent who posted this that he will have people tear his post apart if hes not careful. Wording a sentence wrong on here can cause the CDC populace to go nuclear. That can effect some people. But not you. No, you seem far too proud and intelligent for such trivial behavior. For that, I commend you.
Posted Image

You know what I like? When puppies bite Jay Onrait's face! You know what I like better? Great Plays!!!

#8 shadowgoon

shadowgoon

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:02 AM

Firstly, I must poke fun at your last sentence by saying 'Murica. Secondly, I was much like him when I first started here. I read these threads until my eyes bled. I decided to enter the CDC arena and see if I could thrive off of my knowledge and love of the sport. I was met equally but the mature and the moronic. I was merely warning the gent who posted this that he will have people tear his post apart if hes not careful. Wording a sentence wrong on here can cause the CDC populace to go nuclear. That can effect some people. But not you. No, you seem far too proud and intelligent for such trivial behavior. For that, I commend you.

I will say, that was a rather 'Murica sounding comment. The New York expat at work here must be rubbing off (I'm in Winnipeg), I just get tired of seeing so many people on these boards with a complete lack of reading comprehension posting retorts under a completely different context in which the original argument was delivered, it's shocking really.

As far as what the OP intimated, he isn't incorrect. There seems to be a lot of Edler love on these boards, like the OP I agree that he's a very good D man, but he's not at the level of a Doughty, or Pronger, or Chara. He just simply does not possess that "X factor" that allows him to take over a game, that ability is not something that can be taught, it's innate. Edler is an exceedingly good T4 defenceman, but he's a reactionary player; he's made better by the team around him.

The fact of the matter is our defensive strength is managed by committee, not resting in one individual and that's how this team has been built; accountability to every player to strengthen the whole. I've never been sold that a single solitary player can make a difference to this team and how it's been assembled, mostly because of who the coach is; he doesn't tend to ride one player or even two, he spreads the responsibility across the entire roster. This approach can only be successful if the roster is balanced, which right now it clearly is not.

Edited by Shadowgoon, 02 April 2013 - 06:02 AM.

#9 Captain Bob

Captain Bob

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,617 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

Not a proposal, rumour, or trade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.