The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Predictions for Canucks Trade Deadline

Watching that Gillis interview was painful. What does he want? Teams to knock his door down and beg him to take their stars off their hands.

The bollocks just comes streaming out, from time zone crap to "teams all seem to want the same type of player"......well yeh!

Honestly guys I had to stop watching before I would have either been forced to chuck my laptop across the floor or lookout my violin.

He sounds such a wimp. No wonder he never gets deals done.........he probably craps his pants at the sound of his phone ringing.

Watching that Gillis interview was painful. What does he want? Teams to knock his door down and beg him to take their stars off their hands.

The bollocks just comes streaming out, from time zone crap to "teams all seem to want the same type of player"......well yeh!

Honestly guys I had to stop watching before I would have either been forced to chuck my laptop across the floor or lookout my violin.

He sounds such a wimp. No wonder he never gets deals done.........he probably craps his pants at the sound of his phone ringing.

A couple trades that I would be happy to see...

To Carolina: Keith Ballard

To Vancouver: Jussi Jokinen

Vancouver gets a potential 2nd line winger while dumping Ballards contacts. Carolina gets a potential top 4 d-man/good top 6 d-man while dumping Jokinen.

To San Jose: Mason Raymond, 4th round pick

To Vancouver: Ryan Clowe

Vancouver gets big body winger to bulk up 3rd line/fill in the top 6 for injuries. San Jose gets a speedy winger having a better offensive year and a mid round pick

To Toronto: Roberto Luongo, Anton Rodin, 3rd round pick (Canucks retain 20% of Luongo's salary)

To Vancouver: Joe Colbourne, Carter Ashton, Mark Fraser, Ben Scrivens

Only go through if Toronto can't get Kiprusoff. Toronto gets a vetern who upgrades their goalie situation, a mid level prospect, and a decent pick. Vancouver bolsters their prospect pool while getting a back up goalie and a defenceman to replace Ballard

Final Roster (healthy)

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Jussi Jokinen ($3.000m)

Ryane Clowe ($3.625m) / Derek Roy ($4.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m)

Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) / Steve Pinizzotto ($0.600m)

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Mark Fraser ($0.600m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) /

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Ben Scrivens ($0.613m)

1. With the Higgins rumor, I predict Raymond is traded to a contender in the east, maybe Montreal for Weber+

2. I predict we pick up at least 1 player from Phoenix with the most likely being Boyd Gordon.

3. I predict a goalie trade does come in the 11th hour, a center/wing hybrid player comes back.

4. I predict we do not land Clowe.

5. I predict one of Schroeder or Connauton will be traded.

6. I predict we will retain our 1st overall but lose our 2nd and 3rd.

7. I predict we will be able to sell Ballard's contract.

8. I predict we make a trade with Tampa Bay.

9. I predict we make a trade with Dallas.

10. I predict more than 50% of CDC are happy with the trade deadline.

Hope I go 10/10!

Currently: 30%

Archived