73 replies to this topic

#31 Salo'sBomb

Salo'sBomb

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:42 AM

We're not getting Clowe guys. He hates Vancouver and I can't see SJ dealing him here. What could we give them for Clowe?

He's said that he'd love to play here.. Plus we're one of the frontrunners.

#32 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,311 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

We're not getting Clowe guys. He hates Vancouver and I can't see SJ dealing him here. What could we give them for Clowe?

That's funny cause Dan Murphy made a point during last night's game about how Clowe said he would love to play in Vancouver and under AV again... But I guess you have more insider insight than Murph does... So I guess we'll take your obvious expert opinion on how Clowe feels about anything in the future. :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#33 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

Sometimes players need changes and Clowe is one of those players, I think he would be a pretty good fit here on the Nucks as long as he doesn't do any of that cheap stuff like pokechecking the puck while he is sitting on the bench.

#34 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

That's funny cause Dan Murphy made a point during last night's game about how Clowe said he would love to play in Vancouver and under AV again... But I guess you have more insider insight than Murph does... So I guess we'll take your obvious expert opinion on how Clowe feels about anything in the future. :rolleyes:

Not sure why the douchie-ness. I remember last season in a post game interview Clowe was asked which team his disliked the most in the league and he said Vancouver. I didn't get to watch the game last night due to having to study.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 tkoisthx

tkoisthx

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

Not sure why the douchie-ness. I remember last season in a post game interview Clowe was asked which team his disliked the most in the league and he said Vancouver. I didn't get to watch the game last night due to having to study.

Maybe because we eliminated them from the Western Conference Finals the year before? Because we were the best team in the West? This isn't basketball where most of the players high five and hug before and after games, these guys go out and hit and fight and talk trash. I doubt it was much more than just chirping us.

#36 Truckin

Truckin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

Back to Cam Barker,he is a little soft clearing the crease from what I have seen.Prefer Alberts to him at this time,but if given the chance I see him learning the system better.

#37 Kubrick

Kubrick

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

Wouldn't Barker go down to replace KConn?

Not entirely sure how this works...
Posted Image

#38 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,311 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

Douchie-ness is because you claim your BS as fact rather than saying something like:

oh ya I seem to remember a couple of years ago Clowe mentioned he didn't like Vancouver in a post game interview.

As opposed to:

No way Clowe is coming here, he hates Vancouver and would never ever play for them

See the difference? The douchey thing is to to post crap like you know the player and he has told you these things.
Posted Image

#39 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:11 PM

outside of 3-4 burnings this year (same as Edler/Bieksa in one game) i havent minded Barker, i hope he stays with us as a depth guy.

He's actually looked good moving the puck up at times, makes a good first pass out of the zone.

Yes, I'm surprised as well. Thought he has been pretty solid. No more errors than some of our big $$$ D-men. There is some offensive up-side there.

So i'm guessing the roster space is required for a trade and that they are still thinking Alberts size and aggressiveness is more vital for playoffs. That I can agree with although he has not been good of late at all.
Posted Image

#40 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

Comparing Alberts to barker is terrible Alberts is like Gretzky compare to barker

More like Alberts is like Jason Herter when you compare him to any NHL players. Sorry Andrew...
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#41 SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

Wondering with Adam Hall coming back available, might this be the time to grab him (assuming he falls to the Canucks)?

Last time he came on waivers, I offered an opinion on why he would be a good addition. His underlying stats are absolutely filthy good in the defensive zone. Pretty much shuts opponents down completely (his GA20 numbers are amazing). Excellent faceoff perrcentages and a RH option. Can play all three forward positions. No escaping the fact that he's an absolute black hole offensively (bad personal stats and pulls linemates down, in terms of offensive production. Of course, he also elevates teammates defensively). But with Kesler coming back and the Roy trade, I don't see why Hall would need to do anything offensively beyond dump it in the corner and get off the ice.

What he would help with is eliminating the pathetic fire drill we've seen in the Canucks defensive zone lately. Would help take that weight off of Kesler (who will make the Dzone forwards much better on his own), rather than expecting Kes to handle all the key defensive draws and matchups.

I see Hall as a minor addition that could prove to be a valuable piece that complements the forward group on this squad.

#42 A Skylit Drive

A Skylit Drive

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

for a 700 k depth guy ?

i thought Barker was one of our better defensemen last night to be honest.

Hopefully something serious is coming in then.

Same
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageRip Luc Bourdon Forever a canuck...

#43 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Douchie-ness is because you claim your BS as fact rather than saying something like:

oh ya I seem to remember a couple of years ago Clowe mentioned he didn't like Vancouver in a post game interview.

As opposed to:

No way Clowe is coming here, he hates Vancouver and would never ever play for them

See the difference? The douchey thing is to to post crap like you know the player and he has told you these things.

I did say "I can't see him being dealt here." It wasn't meant to read as a matter of fact. But I did say straight up "we're not getting him" too so I can see why it would seem that way.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#44 FinishEveryCheck

FinishEveryCheck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

TV has shown Ryane Clowe himself saying he would love to come to Vancouver and play for Vigneault all morning

#45 Saskatchewan Canucks Fan

Saskatchewan Canucks Fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

Wondering with Adam Hall coming back available, might this be the time to grab him (assuming he falls to the Canucks)?

Last time he came on waivers, I offered an opinion on why he would be a good addition. His underlying stats are absolutely filthy good in the defensive zone. Pretty much shuts opponents down completely (his GA20 numbers are amazing). Excellent faceoff perrcentages and a RH option. Can play all three forward positions. No escaping the fact that he's an absolute black hole offensively (bad personal stats and pulls linemates down, in terms of offensive production. Of course, he also elevates teammates defensively). But with Kesler coming back and the Roy trade, I don't see why Hall would need to do anything offensively beyond dump it in the corner and get off the ice.

What he would help with is eliminating the pathetic fire drill we've seen in the Canucks defensive zone lately. Would help take that weight off of Kesler (who will make the Dzone forwards much better on his own), rather than expecting Kes to handle all the key defensive draws and matchups.

I see Hall as a minor addition that could prove to be a valuable piece that complements the forward group on this squad.

I do not know too much about Hall and therefore will not say too much about him. Whether he is a good addition or not, I would just like to comment that I appreciate how well thought out your post is. How is Hall on face offs? I know you say he can play all 3 forward spots but what is his natural position?

anfqiq.jpg
                                By -Vintage Canuck-

#46 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

All Murph ever does is advertise Safeway products such as Nabob's coffee and Pizza Hut. Utter uselessness.

On the subject of Ryane Clowe though, even if he wanted to come here why would we want him? Just another fringe 2nd line winger that we have a lot of and he has 0 goals and can't skate.
Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#47 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

I'd have no issue giving Hall a try here. He's a proven NHL regular,as opposed to many we have here now on our bottom-6. 'Free' additions are never a bad idea if they don't come dragging a hefty contract with them or anything. Witch isn't the case here. To de UFA with a .615M contract and could fill in on the 4th nicely.

I remember him putting up reasonably good stats with Nashville when he came into the league back in the day... Those days probably are gone for him now though.
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#48 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,101 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

I didn't mind Barker at all, I thought he had a pretty good idea what his limits were, and stayed within that. But I still prefer having Alberts.

At least Alberts laid a hit on every once an awhile. Barker never hit much and got just as mixed up on coverages as Alberts. I would keep Alberts for the physical games.

#49 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

Barker >>>>>>>>>>> Alberts.

Seriously. Alberts is absolute trash...

How dare you!
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#50 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,038 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

Smart time to waive guys if looking to keep them - teams are looking to keep roster spots open - less chance of losing a player right now.

#51 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

How dare you!

Hahahah

I would say they are = with different abilities
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#52 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,727 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

Good move. I'm not sure if Barker really fit in on the team. Just got the feeling.

So we have a D spot open now. Hopefully we'll be getting a powerplay QB pretty soon.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#53 Apples

Apples

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,904 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

I can sense a blockbuster trade involving Luongo. This should be epic

apple_e0.gif

apple_e0.gifapple_e0.gif

apple_e0.gifapple_e0.gifapple_e0.gif

#54 FinishEveryCheck

FinishEveryCheck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

Good move. I'm not sure if Barker really fit in on the team. Just got the feeling.

So we have a D spot open now. Hopefully we'll be getting a powerplay QB pretty soon.

he's liked in the room and wouldn't be surprised if he resigns for cheap.

#55 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

Pretty much!

Wouldn't Barker go down to replace KConn?

Not entirely sure how this works...

Or that Ballard is ready to play again... :(

FTR; I like Ballard. But here is a guy that does not seem to fit. Barring a coaching change, which ain't very likely...

I'm cheering for a PP QB RHD.

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 02 April 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#56 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

We should claim Santorelli, he is an upgrade on Ebbett and adds more depth down the middle.

I would look at Foster too, as a depth guy. He wouldn't be a bad depth addition for the playoffs incase we run into injures.

As for Barker I doubt he gets claimed, and if he does. Good for him, I like Alberts over him although I think he has been playing better than Alberts as of late.

zackass.png

#57 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

Apparently we nearly had Clowe. So these spots were for Clowe and Roy. Just missed out.

Good on you MG! This is why he's one of the best GMs in the business.
Posted Image

#58 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

Not a bad plan.

And if we make another trade, oops; back on waivers!

We should claim Santorelli, he is an upgrade on Ebbett and adds more depth down the middle.

I would look at Foster too, as a depth guy. He wouldn't be a bad depth addition for the playoffs incase we run into injures.

As for Barker I doubt he gets claimed, and if he does. Good for him, I like Alberts over him although I think he has been playing better than Alberts as of late.

#59 Visp

Visp

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

Mike Santorelli is also a Vancouver boy, centerman and registered 41 points in 82 games in 2010/11.. definitely worth a claim, much better depth than Ebbett (possibly LaPierre too) and allows us to try Kesler on the wing with Roy in the middle...

Edited by Visp, 02 April 2013 - 09:37 PM.

#60 vcrguy

vcrguy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

I think you all missed the most relevant part of the wire............TO signed an AHL goalie to an NHL contract for the rest of the year!

Either Kipper or Luo is going to TO!

Edited by vcrguy, 02 April 2013 - 09:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.