The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Derek Roy to VAN

It's not a bad trade, but I just didn't see the need for Gillis to make trades given the current state of this hockey team. How much of an impact is Roy going to make? Really? It's not like he's going to make everything ok in Canuckland.

Like I said, it's not a bad trade though.

you guys think we gave too much?

Look at all the trades done last week. If you ask me, Joe Niewendyke did Mike Gillis a huge favor with just a 2nd round pick a long with a 3rd round prospect. Everything has been a 1st round pick + prospects , or 2 2nd round picks etc etc. Derek Roy is also more effective as a centerman then someone like Murray or Regher as shut down dman. He still lots mileage on him. This trade embarrasses the other over payments being thrown around right now.

you guys think we gave too much?

Look at all the trades done last week. If you ask me, Joe Niewendyke did Mike Gillis a huge favor with just a 2nd round pick a long with a 3rd round prospect. Everything has been a 1st round pick + prospects , or 2 2nd round picks etc etc. Derek Roy is also more effective as a centerman then someone like Murray or Regher as shut down dman. He still lots mileage on him. This trade embarrasses the other over payments being thrown around right now.

Archived