The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Derek Roy to VAN

Can recover that 2nd easily in another deal.

This might be the best deal of the past week.

MG nailed it.

And this gives him better options if moving Luo - can take more futures and centers are a premium, so the Luongo negotiations just got that much more flexible.

Watch the TSN haters work overtime to try to spin and undersell how good of a deal MG just pulled off.

I'm loving this deal.

A player like Roy who puts up the production that he does and drives 10% greater ozone finishes than starts is one hell of an acquisition.

There was a thread recently - which Star, Jagr, Morrow or Roy would you want.

Morrow is one of my favorite players, Jagr is an absolute HOF stud, but I chose Roy, and not simply because he's a center.

This guy was the best center available - whether he re-signs or not, it's a very good risk.

He just made this team a whole lot more dangerous and balanced in their attack.

Most importantly it buys him time to deal Lou. Now the offseason trade for picks and prospects seems much more palatable.

I also would not be surprised to see him go after another depth centre like Gordon or even Goc. If Roy-Kesler can play on the same line then, with Schroeder moving down to the AHL, this would give the Canucks a better option at puck possession.

Still.... we need a PP QB. I could care if he's RH, LH or ambidextrous as long as he can skate and pass the puck with creativity.

I wish that at some point a majority of Canuck fans could almost all be happy with a trade. But I'm starting to realize it is not possible with the very different and sometimes sporadic thought process' that our fans have. People want the team to go for the cup at all costs, others want us to tank and get new prospects, some would like to see us keep our prospects and develop them, some like two goalies, others like Luongo/Schneider. Too bad our loyalty towards the team we cheer for cannot bring us together and make us happy for the Canucks improved chances at winning. Welcome to the Canucks Derek!

Wow, top prospect and 2nd rounder for a rental. Not sure Connauton was ever gonna get a shot in Van, but he's got all the tools.

Other than his size, I really like Roy. He can handle tough 3rd line mins a la Malhotra. He has great underlying numbers which is more than I can say for Iginla and Morrow. Gillis better be able to resign him this summer other wise this will all have been for not.

So I'm guessing Gillis no longer looking for a centre in a goalie trade. Wonder if this mean Lu won't be traded now?

A Streit for Ballard swap would be a good hockey trade imo - if NYI can't re-sign him, adding Ballard would be a solid veteran for them, and we've seen the price pylons are going for - Ballard's value imo is actually very high right now.

Streit would be a coup.

Wow, top prospect and 2nd rounder for a rental. Not sure Connauton was ever gonna get a shot in Van, but he's got all the tools.

Other than his size, I really like Roy. He can handle tough 3rd line mins a la Malhotra. He has great underlying numbers which is more than I can say for Iginla and Morrow. Gillis better be able to resign him this summer other wise this will all have been for not.

So I'm guessing Gillis no longer looking for a centre in a goalie trade. Wonder if this mean Lu won't be traded now?

Archived