The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Derek Roy to VAN

Again you repeat the CDC mythology.

Hamhius is a #1 defenseman.

10th in Norris voting last year.

16th the year before. +58 over those two seasons - best among NHL defensemen.

Do the math - if he's not a "T1D" then there are only one or two of those in the world.

Btw, if our T1D doesn't go down in the SCF, your beloved Luongo hoists the Cup and this mythology is never repeated.

I agree. There seems to be too much dust in the air surrounding people's expectation of moving Luongo - it's almost like the significance of Roy was lost or somewhat under the radar.

Roy, under normal circumstances, is a huge acquisition - and the price was extremely palatable.

The Canucks made due without a second line - but now that they have a bloody good one, it only serves to trickle down - the third line becomes one hell of a quality third line, and there are a handful of options for AV in terms of his 4th line depth.

I agree. There seems to be too much dust in the air surrounding people's expectation of moving Luongo - it's almost like the significance of Roy was lost or somewhat under the radar.

Roy, under normal circumstances, is a huge acquisition - and the price was extremely palatable.

The Canucks made due without a second line - but now that they have a bloody good one, it only serves to trickle down - the third line becomes one hell of a quality third line, and there are a handful of options for AV in terms of his 4th line depth.

Option #1 has to be bringing Schroeder back into the lineup and sitting Ebbett. Ebbett has experience but I don't think AV loses that much by slotting Schroeder in. IMO Ebbett's FO % had to be much better for him to stick. Schroeder has a upside that would allow him to swap him and Lappy between 3C and 4C depending upon the opposition and need during the game. Surprisingly Schroeder appears stronger on his skates than Ebbett. Ebbett also seems to lose body position quickly which I thought experience would have corrected more.

I think Schroeder will be back as well. I like Ebbett, but Schroeder is, as you say, a little stronger, a little faster, a little better in the faceoff circle, and has that young hunger. Ebbett's a good option to have, particularly as a second center on the fourth line and a left handed draw to back up Lapierre (or Schroeder for that matter).

Yeah Schroeder's better.

I hope we do something like

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Roy Kesler Higgins

Raymond Lapierre Hansen

Ballard Schroeder Kassian

Hamhuis Bieksa

Garrison Tanev

Edler Corrado

Ballard played left wing pretty well, and gives that line more skill and speed than pinizzotto/ebbett, plus he can take shifts on D when needed. Raymond could get some time on the 4th with Schroeder/Kassian to up his minutes if he doesn't see enough time, while Ballard can sub out Corrado to keep his mins in check.

I dunno. I think given the personnel we get the most skill on ice by playing 7 D.

Losing a 2nd and Connaughton sucks knowing torres was more of an impact than Roy. Roy is not built for playoffs.

Just dont re-sign this guy but knowing Gillis he probably will try to re-sign him 5+ mil long term with NTC and call him the biggest acquisition this summer.

Losing a 2nd and Connaughton sucks knowing torres was more of an impact than Roy. Roy is not built for playoffs.

Just dont re-sign this guy but knowing Gillis he probably will try to re-sign him 5+ mil long term with NTC and call him the biggest acquisition this summer.

Archived