Canucks Community

[Trade] Derek Roy to VAN

Top 6:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Burrows-Roy-Kesler

OR

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Roy-Kesler-Kassian

I still feel like a checking center will be coming to us in a trade by tomorrow, Maybe Gordon?

Make no mistake Roy is most likely sticking in the top 6 and if we make a move for Clowe I think Kassian may be seeing more time in Chicago than expected.

StoP trashing our new players nincumpoops. he will be far more useful to us then manny was even pre injury. We need offence, and if ya keep shooting your simple mouths off, your right he won't resign. Any plug can be coached to play good defence but you can't coach talent, so be thankful ya bums.

From Roy

Vancouver Canucks@VanCanucks 3m

"I was really excited to hear the news. Things didn't work out the way we planned in Dallas. I'm healthy now." - Roy #Canucks #NHLTrade

Vancouver Canucks@VanCanucks 2m

"I'm excited to step in and play big minutes." - Roy #Canucks #NHLTrade

Vancouver Canucks@VanCanucks 1m

"Still deciding on a number. We'll see." - Roy #Canucks #NHLTrade

Seems like a fair deal, sucks to give up Connauton but it's not like he's a top prospect. This could be very good if we manage to resign him for a fair price. We finally have the centre depth and the playmaker I was hoping for. He also has a sweet house:

Whether we want a sizable winger,

We'll need to move someone in OUR wing.

Our top 9 roster appears to be locked up already

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler/Roy (Booth)

Higgins - Schroeder/Roy - Hansen

You want Torres and or Clowe?

Then it would be a necessity to move one of our wingers.

Seems like a fair deal, sucks to give up Connauton but it's not like he's a top prospect. This could be very good if we manage to resign him for a fair price. We finally have the centre depth and the playmaker I was hoping for. He also has a sweet house:

Because we know good players are good players even if they're merely average height? After all, Martin St Louis is an inch shorter than Roy...

And it's frankly just a myth that we're a small team. We currently only have 3 players listed under 6 feet - Ebbett, Schroeder, and Ballard. Since Schroeder (who's an inch shorter) was sent down to make room for Roy, our team isn't any shorter than it was before.

I couldn't find any more up-to-date stats, but according to James Mirtle's blog, as of the start of the season Vancouver was above average in height.

Archived