Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Trade] Derek Roy to VAN

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
875 replies to this topic

#871 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

I doubt Roy will be able to get a big contract from anyone this year. I see him resigning here for 3 million or so.
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#872 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

Whata waste!

#873 coryberg

coryberg

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

I'm thinking the same as when the trade went down.... It was kcon and a 2nd for a rental of Roy and a pick (3rd or 4th) that could be aquired for his negotiation rights at the draft.

There aren't any better options on the free agent market. Could see a few teams eager to jump the gun and get on on signing him.

#874 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,625 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

Losing a 2nd and Connaughton sucks knowing torres was more of an impact than Roy. Roy is not built for playoffs.

Just dont re-sign this guy but knowing Gillis he probably will try to re-sign him 5+ mil long term with NTC and call him the biggest acquisition this summer.

Well, I guess we did get a chance to see how effective Torres was at center - the position we needed most - in a key defensive zone faceoff after an icing.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year. 

#875 slappipappi

slappipappi

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:41 AM

I doubt Roy will be able to get a big contract from anyone this year. I see him resigning here for 3 million or so.

Wanna bet?

#876 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

Wanna bet?

Who going to pay this guy? In some ways I"m glad it didn't work out with this guy. His rep isn't all that great.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.