The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Derek Roy to VAN

People were complaining about the Kassian trade last season because apparently we lost that secondary scoring on the 3rd line when Hodgson left.

Well now we have both Kassian's toughness and Derek Roy at center, so everyone should be happy.

Apparently some people prefer to be angry and negative, oh well.

I think Gillman hinted towards Kesler playing wing. Saying something like Kesler played his best on the wing for Sundin.

So I think that means they may still be looking for a 3rd line center, and they'll try out:

Burrows - Roy - Kesler

Higgins - Trade - Hansen

People were complaining about the Kassian trade last season because apparently we lost that secondary scoring on the 3rd line when Hodgson left.

Well now we have both Kassian's toughness and Derek Roy at center, so everyone should be happy.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I never had high hopes for Connauton I just wish it was a 3rd and Connauton and not a 2nd.

Oh well, what's done is done, all we can do now is watch it pan out.

I agree. Ribiero might have been preferable but they're not in wholesale sell mode. I had a premium on a puck possession, puck distribution guy to help coax goals from our secondary wingers. Goal 1 accomplished!

I really like this deal.

Sucks we lose Connaution, but we have alot of LHD prospects, and there are some quickly passing Kconn on the depth chart anyways.

Roy fits what we need, a C and brings badly needed offense. Yeah he is small but its doesn't affect his play, he is still and effective player.

Good job Gillis.

Archived