The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Derek Roy to VAN

Don't mind this trade at all. Canucks treated this season as a make or break for Connauton down on the wolves. They were hoping to see a jump in his development and it didn't happen. We're willing to let him go.

Corrado is the guy to keep anyways

Good move by GMMG. Looking at our D core going forward there isn't much room for K-Conn to fit in anyway. Hope Roy can come in and make an immediate impact on our offensive numbers. If he does, this is a good move.

Good trade. Now we have depth at centre. I can see MG trying to re-sign Roy at the end of the season. As people have mentioned, this could put kesler on the wing from time to time. Roy is an excellent playmaker. Once we get our injured players back we will be a dangerous team.

We are crippled with injuries, I don't get why people are trashing the way this team is playing when we have half an AHL roster at the moment.

Roy is in the last year of a 6 year $24million contract.

$4M a year for a 3rd line center? And he's going to want a raise.....

I'm only glad a need got addressed if this isn't the extent of the movement we see this year.

If we aren't going to make a run at another cup now then it would have been better to tank it this year, and be sellers.

Edler has a NTC kicking in this summer. As much as I like him, he hasn't been the same since Salo left, and new $$$$$..... Luongo deal might look a lot hotter if you add Edler to the mix.

Jagr is now in play as well. He may be older but he's still one of the smartest players in the game - how sweet do you think that brain along with his 6'3" 235lb frame would look playing with the Sedins?

A man can dream....

Archived